IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Unconditional love

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by silverleafy, Jun 27, 2015.

1. silverleafy

silverleafy New Member

ver dsfsd

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Dachiraju Gautham Raju

Dachiraju Gautham Raju New Member

Unconditional love is something which as no selfish desires and other self centered intention's in it and in the present world there is no love it is only lust. People in the name of love condition themselves with various false ego's and selfish desires and call it as love which, is not true. Unconditional love is only possible with god almighty who loves everyone and god is unlimited so is love is also unlimited and has (Unconditional love) to all of us.

3. tintiano

tintiano New Member

Unconditional love is incredibly rare. The person who loves unconditionally is concerned more about the welfare of another than about himself or herself. He or she will even go to the extent of making unpopular choices so that the other person experiences true and lasting happiness. Unconditional love is does not focus on the present moment alone but on the future as well. I have often struggled to love unconditionally despite my best efforts.

Although still a work-in-progress, one day I hope to be able to love wholeheartedly and meaningfully!

4. Cagney Shipp

Cagney Shipp New Member

Unconditional love is something so hard to find. This love is knowing that no matter what that person has your back and will always be there, no matter what circumstances change. You unconditionally love your children although they push you to your limits of sanity sometimes you would still take a bullet for them. Unconditional Love is knowing you could face the day without that person but not wanting to try. To push a person to achieve the greatness you see in them even when they give up on themselves, you do not give up. This love you can feel in your soul, without words you can feel how much they care about you.

5. Kazemy

Kazemy New Member

Jesus Christ being on the cross was the ultimate show of unconditional love. For me as a Christian, that act did not only signify love but also shows all aspects of humanity at its weakest and strongest.

For all non- christians, let's think about it for a moment; another human being sacrificing their life, not because they do not have a choice in the matter but because doing so would be for a greater good!

That's what unconditional love does to your brain, you always think of a greater good. I agree with Cagney Shipp that at times your own children can really push you to a limit but you can still take a bullet for them because you are always thinking of a greater good for them.

Nobody can achieve such selfless and unconditional love without thinking of a greater good to befall someone else. Therefore when you continuously practice to think good of others and wish them well, you are halfway there to achieving unconditional love.

6. edward hampton

edward hampton New Member

I think the way God loves us and forgives us everyday. For all the dirt we then did in life. For all the cuss words we then spit out of our mouths. For all the people we then talked about behind their backs. For all the bad things we do daily, and yet God still loves us, and desires a relationship with us in our filthy ways. To me this love is unconditional love and yet how I wish to display this to others because I am learning from the best who ever did it.

7. phantom7

phantom7 New Member

I strongly agree with Gautham Raju that there is no love better than the love of God,but true love does exist in this world.This is what kazemy is saying:One has to think of the greater good in order to develop unconditional love.

But how can you know if and when some one loves you unconditionally? The answer isn't very hard to find:They are selfless,think little about themselves and more of others;are willing to die for a cause.The best examples include: Mr Nelson Mandela,South Africa;Mr Mahatma Ghandi,India;Mr Martin Lurther King Jr,U.S.

8. Sttitus

Sttitus New Member

I completely agree with Kazemy's on the fact that the death of Jesus Christ totally exemplifies a show of unconditional love. Even though, Jesus never sinned, his death paid the price for humans' sins. I believe God has demonstrated loving us unconditionally and also using Jesus as an atonement for our sins is a rare love. Whenever I see a show of unconditional love, I believe the most high is at work.

It's now left to us to demonstrate this love during our dealings with one another by forgiving one another as God forgives, giving to the needy freely and most especially loving our enemies as we love ourselves.

9. RedGold

RedGold New Member

I agree with most of what everyone is saying about Christ because if that's not unconditional love i don't know what is.God sent his only begotten son to the earth as a ransom for our sins and he didn't have to do that but he had so much love for humankind that no human on earth can top that love.It is a gift that is wasted everyday and us humans take for granted. We have to put faith in that ransom and obey God.

We Love God because he Loved us first and we want to show that love by reading the bible and seeing what he requires of us in our journey through life on earth.

10. Vishesh

Vishesh New Member

These days its hard to find pure unconditional love. Fortunately individuals like Mother Teresa, Amma the hugging saint, Jesus Christ, are all great examples of individuals who encompass pure unconditional love. Unconditional love in our capitalist society is hard to find. At times it seems like the Matrix lacks this vital but pure quality of unconditional love. In my opinion to truly express unconditional love one must completely be confident and love ones self first. Thank God for humun beings like Mother Teresa, Mahatma Ghandi, Jesus Christ who served humanity with no intention of receiving anything back but the benefit for the world.

11. Eldho

Eldho New Member

I don't understand, why everyone is thinking it is hard to find unconditional love? Before going into detail, let me break down the phrase Unconditional love itself. Unconditional love simply is a strong loyal affection towards someone without expecting anything him or her. If you want to see the true unconditional love, just look at your mother, she doesn't want anything in return for her unconditional love and care that she gives you. She only wants you to be happy and fine. Every other form of love you see out there is conditional.

12. bella556

bella556 Member

I like the post since it speaks about the unconditional love that God has for all mankind. His is the highest and the best love a person could ever have in their life. This is complete total love no demands or you have to love by standard set up by a lot of people who want someone to love them. Love is a choice to make to have this unconditional love with another person. If you wind up having this kind of love God has blessed you above your highest dreams. I too would like to find that kind of love with a man.