IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Understanding mathematics.

Discussion in 'Education' started by Rozlyn Waganda, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Rozlyn Waganda

Rozlyn Waganda New Member

Mathematics seems to be difficult because it takes all the time and energy. Most people find it difficult because the time to realize one does not understand maths is much lesser than any other discipline.

To be able to understand mathematics, one needs to create a favourable or rather a distraction free study environment.

Master the key concepts: The first key to success is knowing all the important formulas. The second is knowing the different tricks used in different types of problems.

Mathematics has several methods to solve the same problem. Some are short while others are long. No matter where you start and where you struggle, you must make sure you acknowledge any weak spots in your foundation and fill the holes with practice and understanding.

2. Ashley paige

Ashley paige New Member

Mathematics was my second best subject in highschool. It all requires concentration in class while the teacher is teaching and also know all the simple formulas first.

Before solving any questions, first understand what the question is asking and come up with a good formula to calculate the answer.

A positive attitude is also required for better understanding. If you want to excel then have a positive attitude always

3. roska

roska New Member

I had always thought Mathematics was hard.The Fail became my trend upto the final grade in high school.

I repeated the final grade to be accepted in a course of my preference which required a Pass in Mathematics.Indeed,I passed Mathematics this time round!.Therefore,I discovered; 'it is all in the head'.Mathematics is practice and more practice.