IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Upgrading computer graphics.

Discussion in 'Computer Graphics' started by alvinochola23, Jun 11, 2017.

1. alvinochola23

alvinochola23 New Member

My Acer aspire laptop currently running on Intel Celeron processor T3300 and Intel GMA 4500M, is in dire need of graphics upgrade. I have tried severally to configure Intel HD graphics into my system but it still won't be compatible .Is my computer hardware the problem or is it the Intel HD that's just not fit for my system?

2. Jerick Gwapo

Jerick Gwapo New Member

The hardware system lacks upgrade. Even your processor is not on this generation rather it is old and was like produced on the early 2000s. Better upgrade your hardware components first before proceeding on upgrading your graphics.

A simple Intel HD Graphic software would not make the graphics of your computer so awesome! You need to buy a new motherboard and buy a high-end Graphic Card. In that way, the graphic of your computer would be upgraded. Don't forget to upgrade your motherboard so that it would support the new graphic card you would buy. Change your processor also. Intel iCore5 is fair enough to run your PC smoothly.

All the best..

3. saygorem

saygorem New Member

Upgrading laptop's graphic card is hard becausd of the compatability issues. Laptop have compatible parts unlike desktops that if you need it to be upgraded just plug and play then use again as good as new. Maybe it is better if you want a gaming laptop, you have to buy a new one with capabilities to run heavy graphic games. Just play on your desktop instead.

4. jefrox01

jefrox01 New Member

That is the disadvantage of laptop whenever there's an issue with the components. Laptop machines are design as a one compact that is why its not recommended for any upgrades unlike desktop computers. Laptop peripherals are expensive but if you are not satisfied any longer with your existing machine, I do recommend you to have a desktop one. For that one, you can easily upgrade your video graphics and also other things inside your CPU. I just built a desktop computer recently and my motherboard is Intel with I7 processor on it. I installed 8GB of RAM and 3GB of Nvidia G-Force video graphics and now I'm very much entertained and all applications runs fast. If I will be given a chance to have another laptop I'll prefer the expensive one with high quality performance.

5. analo

analo New Member

That is an old laptop (considering the hardware that it is running on), that is why it's so weak. If You're having trouble configuring the integrated graphics card, it is possible it is not supported on newer operating systems such as Windows 10. As for upgrading the graphics card, laptops are not at all easily upgreadable so I would just recommend buying a new one if you can afford it. If you do decide to buy a new one and want to play games, I highly recommend buying one with a discrete graphics card ( such as GTX 950m) as opposed to one with integrated graphics, as integrated graphics cards are not meant for gaming and will get you bad framerates and lacking driver support in new games.