IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Uses of ginger

Discussion in 'Health' started by Mercy Soita, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Mercy Soita

Mercy Soita New Member

Ginger is a plant with leafy stems and yellowish green flowers. The ginger spice comes from the roots of the plant. Ginger is native to warmer parts of Asia such as China, Japan and India.

Ginger has multiple uses,it can be used as medicine and also as a flavouring. It can be used to treat stomach problems, including morning sickness, stomach upset, has and diarrhoea, nausea and chest pains. This is a very important ingredient to have around the house.

2. samambo

samambo New Member

In addition to the above benefits, ginger contains gingerol which is the most beneficial component of ginger due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and also combat nausea which normally affects pregnant women

3. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

Ginger is one of my favorite things to use for inflammation especially in my intestines. Whenever I have a stomach ache I make some ginger tea as it helps to alleviate my nausea. I wish I would have know the benefits while I was pregnant. I'm sure I would have saved myself may days of morning sickness.

I really enjoy combining it with turmeric and cayenne pepper in a cup of warm almond milk to help speed up my metabolism. It's fantastic.

4. mumu

mumu New Member

Ginger is mostly used in the Filipino cuisine because it add spice to the food.

Aside from that, ginger is also used as a herbal medicine. We used ginger to cure coughs, sore throat, stomach ache, to lower cholesterol and even diabetes.

Before bedtime, we usually boil the ginger with water, pepper, lemon grass and lemon and drink 1 glass of it.

5. wendypie

wendypie New Member

Ginger also warms the body. It increases sexual libido. It reduces and eliminates acne. It darkens skin areas which may be way lighter than others when applied topically on the area. Ginger cures and freshens bad breath when taken constantly. It really tastes good when mixed with lemon and induces sleep and heals many ailments when mixed with turmeric and milk. Ginger can also be used to make tasty beer and shanties for example rock shanty and Malawi shanty.

Ginger is a wonderful spice and it adds this zing and bite to dishes such as curries and deserts. It does smell good and adds rich taste to confetti for example ginger muffins and cakes. In Africa ginger is often mixed with baobab powder and milk producing a tasty drink. It is also mixed with malt and mealie meal to produce a drink called Mahewu which is an energy and highly nutritious drink. Oh, it really is such a wonderful spice, one spice which should be in every household!