IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Views on vaccines

Discussion in 'Medical' started by Montcell, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Montcell

Montcell New Member

What are your views on vaccines? Do you think they are needed or not?

For myself, I don't know the answer.
    I keep looking at sites that say how bad they are and about how the chemical composition in them wrecks havoc on the body. Then I think of the fact that we are giving these shots to our children and it makes me feel a little wary of them. Plus I just don't like the fact that for some of these vaccinations it doesn't even make sense for a child to have them.

But the one thing that I keep coming back to is the fact that these vaccines prevent diseases. They have been given to many people and children who have come away from them fine. Plus I think it's good for our children to grow up not knowing what it feels like to have a disease. And there's the fact that are you willing to take the chance of risking your child's life by not vaccinating them?

Those are my thought. The pros and cons of vaccinating vs not vaccinating. I'm pretty sure there are more, but those were the big ones that I could think of from the top of my head.

2. jamesblogger

jamesblogger New Member

Yes they are needed for our own protection. I am a seafarer and we are required to have 6 vaccines before joining in a vessel. That is for our protection while working and when we are in areas with a lot of diseases. These vaccines are really important like the Anti Tetanus vaccine to us because of the dangers found in the ship. We have hundreds of ports in all different countries and one of them might be Africa which is known for Yellow Fever. I believe yes vaccines are really important for prevention because I believe in the saying " Prevention is better than cure".

3. jakub

jakub New Member

Vaccines are very important, along with better nutrition, antibiotics they have helped prevent various diseases and stop them from spreading which can be detrimental to humans. As of right now, some of the most dangerous diseases can be easily prevented if one were to have been exposed to a vaccine at an early age, this can be easily noticeable among children nowadays that are far more protected and their immune system is well equipped and capable of defending life threatening diseases.

4. postwriter

postwriter New Member

The benefits of vaccines outweigh any risk that is attached to it.Vaccine potency and safety has to do with its contents, the expiration date and handling, which ensures that it is properly stored at required temperature for preservation.If these conditions are observed, then the benefits are not debatable.

5. plenc

plenc Member

Vaccines work really well. Of course, no medicine is perfect but most childhood vaccines produce immunity about 90 - 100% of the time.
    What about the argument made by some people that vaccines don’t work that well . . . that diseases would be going away on their own because of better hygiene or sanitation, even if there were no vaccines?
    That simply isn’t true. Certainly, better hygiene and sanitation can help prevent the spread of disease, but the germs that cause disease will still be around. As long as germs still exist, they are they will continue to make people sick.Vaccines help develop immunity by imitating an infection, but this “imitation” infection does not cause illness. It does, however, cause the immune system to develop the same response as it does to a real infection so the body can recognize and fight the vaccine-preventable disease in the future. Sometimes, after getting a vaccine, the imitation . So that is my partake on Vaccines.