IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

Weight is irrelevant

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by nozomi2015, Dec 6, 2016.

1. nozomi2015

nozomi2015 New Member

This is what my fitness instructor friend told me. In reality, people’s bodies carry weight differently so a roster of women with different heights can all weigh the same. Therefore, it’s more important to focus on inches lost and if you’re satisfied with what you see in the mirror.

2. Eliot

Eliot New Member

True.
    A fat person that weighs 250 pounds can weigh the same amount as a person who goes to the gym and exercises daily.

3. Sweed1

Sweed1 New Member

The problem might be in what we see in the mirror. Case in point when I look in the mirror I see the reflection of a nice looking young faced woman who carries a slight bit of weight around the waist, but not overly fat. I eat right and exercise at my place of work and feel that the image I see is the correct one, that is until I see a picture someone has taken of me where as, I look fat and look like a old woman. So why do our brains and eyes, only see a younger picture of ourselves? Could it be because as we grow older on the outside our inner picture stays the same. As in the mind plays tricks on the bodies idea of self. Self can be reflected at an age where we saw ourselves as beautiful and slim, thus we are fooled into thinking that the outer beauty lasts as long as the inner recorder that hold the images that we see in mirrors and on old photographs.
    I once told a friend I was not fat because I could look straight down and still see my feet. She said to me has it ever occurred to you that you might just have big feet? lol