IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What’s Your Fav Seasonal Fruit??

Discussion in 'Health' started by ShawNee Fields, Aug 29, 2017.

1. ShawNee Fields

ShawNee Fields New Member

Summer comes first in my lineup of favorite seasons here in northern Oregon. Lately, the heat waves have been a bit continuous for weeks at a time, temperatures reaching 105 degrees. It’s ideal to remain hydrated when navigating outdoors and even indoors to maintain overall good health throughout the day.

Hydrating summer melons is a staple to enjoy to keep my body balanced. Like most fruits, cantaloupe has a high-level water content, at about 90%. Besides hydration, cantaloupe is a great replacement for high calorie sugary snacks and desserts. What’s your take on melons? Have you grown any? Does a particular fruit make you dance?

2. KhalilaRose

KhalilaRose New Member

Watermelon! Watermelon is my absolute favorite summer fruit. I used to live in Asia and watermelons there tend to be much sweeter than the ones I can buy in Canada. But that doesn't mean I don't enjoy watermelons here either! While I am normally a sucker for ice cream, whenever watermelons are in season I lose all cravings for ice cream and crave chilled watermelons for dessert instead. Cantaloupe and honeydew melons can be amazing too, but I find it harder to find ones that are super sweet and juicy at the same time. Maybe I keep missing the best time to buy them.

3. jasminepvk

jasminepvk New Member

Mango and Watermelon is my favorite seasonal food,usually we got that only at summer season.So I have been waiting for it in other season.
    I made fresh juices from it and gave it to my friends.Especially my mom made mango pickle for me its so tasty and yummy too.