IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are your favorite easy meals to cook when you are lazy?

Discussion in 'Health' started by yaanzf, Jan 6, 2016.

1. yaanzf

yaanzf New Member

Pancakes.
    half a cup of all purpose flour, 1tsp baking soda, 1 egg, some milk, little bit of oil, some sugar, a pinch of salt and powdered cinnamon. Whipped in 1 minute. Baked in 2 min.

How about yours?

yaanzf!

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. meenakshi

meenakshi New Member

Vegetable pulao
    1. Take one cup of rice in bowl and wash it.
    2. Chop 2-3 kinds of your favourite veggies like carrot, potato, capsicum, peas etc
    3. Put the rice along with these vegetable and water in pressure cooker
    4. Add salt turmeric as per taste
    5. Pressure cook them. Serve with curd. Yummy pulav is ready

3. majid kalani

majid kalani New Member

I am interested to introduce fiber Quaker oats. This meal is very healthy and being considered as laxatives. Some people find oatmeal so nice and they like to eat it every morning. Evidence indicates that diabetics can eat oatmeal; however, it should be noticed to keep an extra eye on their blood sugar levels. To me it is very delicious and easy to cook. Add water to the oats and keep fiber oatmeal soaked in water for 1 night in refrigerator. You can prepare materials required and written below.
    1 cup linseed,1 cup raisins, 1 cup prunes, 1 cup dried apricots, 1 teaspoon salt,8 cups water,2 cup oat bran, 3 ounces of fiber oatmeal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. Andorphin

Andorphin New Member

I take some potatoes and peel, wash and slice them (sometimes I don't even slice them if I consider some to be a good size). I add some olive oil and a little bit of water to a bowl after putting all potatoes in the bowl. Mix them a little with a spoon and add some salt. pepper. thyme or rosemary and one piece of garlic. Then I get the bowl and put in the oven for about 40-30min. at ~200ºC. Occasionally I add some water after 5-10 min.

5. djwheel

djwheel New Member

Top Ramen when I'm really lazy. Porridge when I'm somewhat lazy. Potato stew when I have time but I don't want to put in much effort. However, I do like to make quick sandwiches. I usually slap on some veggies, some mayo, maybe a little bit of tomato sauce, and voila! The sandwich is ready. I also, like to fry cottage cheese. I know its not the healthiest thing, but when you're lazy, you're lazy. Fried cheese tastes amazing with mayo sauce.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  6. rphk

rphk New Member

cut all vegetables in to small pieces ,add little sprouts , little salt , little peeper , some pomegranates make mixture in a bowl and have it ,it is very easy to prepare and healthy, have a nice day .

7. Kathyjj

Kathyjj New Member

When it comes to healthy eating there is one thing that will never fail and if you chose correct ingredients will give you all the vitamins and benefits of a full meal. I'm talking about smoothies. But not those sweet, unhealthy smoothies you can get in a local ice cream shop, oh no! I like to mix greens with fruits and some super-foods and blending them together with some coconut water. My favorite mix is beets, strawberries, a few spinach leaves and a little bit of honey. I know that it's not a meal, but I prefer it over a hamburger and fries. Makes me feel healthy and energized.

8. jeanette havekotte

jeanette havekotte New Member

Pasta!!! You will always find something in your fridge to create a tasty and quick macaroni or spaghetti dish with. Some veg, fresh or canned tomatoes, a left over bit of meat or fish, cream, cheese, herbs. Of course I always start the sauce with onions and garlic. Lots of garlic! And never be shy on the olive oil. Most sauces take as much time to prepare as it takes the pasta to boil and drain. As long as the ingredients are fresh and healthy, you've got yourself a wonderful, aromatic, damping plate of heavenly flavors.

9. Gemini8787

Gemini8787 New Member

I eat a lot of frozen products from Amy's because they are healthy, easy for lazy people like me, and vegetarian. Another easy option is a sandwich because that is fast and simple to throw together. As the poster above me mentions, pasta is also very easy. You just boil it and add some veggies and sauce, and you're done.

10. Dakotagal

Dakotagal New Member

To answer the question honestly I first have to admit that I don't cook much at all if I'm feeling really lazy. Ramon noodles are a favorite of mine if I'm really hungry and need something right away. I also like to keep some lean pockets and microwavable ready made burritos on hand that I can just pull out of the freezer and heat up. A can of chunky soup will also work as a full meal.

If I'm really tired I have eaten french bread (the kind that's not sliced) and just tear off big hunks and butter it. Now that's the real life!

11. Senia

Senia New Member

Fast meal for me is cottage cheese and fruit pears,peaches, Berry's.
    I don't cook much because I live alone.But I do a lot of salads with everything but the kitchen sink,chicken, mushrooms, cheese, all kinds of different things whatever I'm feeling. I really love croutons, I use garlic bread cut it up in cubes ,put it under the broler
    And brown them ,love it fresh croutons.
    Just a lazy person diet.

12. zeratul

zeratul New Member

On my lazy days, I would cook sunny-side up eggs and match it with either bread or rice. Eggs are supposed to be bad-cholesterol laden food but I look at eggs as a good source of calcium and protein. Besides, I only eat eggs on those bad lazy days which aren't that often. As an alternative, I would sometimes use egg to power up an onion soup.

13. D. Finn

D. Finn New Member

Nachos! Or giant nachos/tostadas. I will put some refried beans on the chips or tostadas, top them with grated cheese and pop them in the oven until the cheese has melted. While that is heating, quickly chop some lettuce, tomato, onion, and if you have it, avocado. Easy peasy meal that only takes 10 minutes or so!

14. Ashley0323

Ashley0323 New Member

It depends on what we already have in our kitchen. On some of our busier days, I will have a lazy dinner night. This may be hamburger helper, spaghetti, baked beans with hotdogs, chili, or sub sandwiches. I will generally give my kids a few options and let them decide what I am making that night.

15. cindy scaccia

cindy scaccia New Member

My favorite is simply eggs. You can cook scrambled eggs in no time at all and I can add in any vegetables or meats I have on hand. That's a great way to use up leftovers and it makes a healthy, protein-packed meal. I'm trying to lose weight, as I just found out I was diabetic, so this is a great meal for me because it doesn't require bread (like sandwiches), or starches like rice or potatoes.

16. biege

biege New Member

When laziness struck me I would just fry hotdogs+eggs and then cook instant plain oats.

17. Hilary

Hilary New Member

When I need to have a lazy meal and plan ahead I will make a Roast in the Crock pot. I simply put a frozen roast in the crock pot first thing in the morning with my potatoes and carrots. Eight hours or so later, dinner is served and delicious.

18. wir3

wir3 New Member

Breakfast is the easy to make on lazy days, when i don't feel like cooking.
    oatmeal with fruit only take about 15 mins. I take leftover rice with some boiled eggs and add some cheese.

19. trenee

trenee New Member

With the fall season approaching, a good lazy meal to cook is Taco Soup. In a large pot, you can dump in beans of your choice, canned corn, diced tomatoes, green chiles, 1 lb of ground beef or ground turkey (browned), and 1 package of hidden valley ranch mix. Simmer for 1 hour and be ready for some awesome goodness. This is a staple in my home during the fall and winter. Great taste and extremely filling.

20. Mandi

Mandi New Member

Eggs are the easiest, most healthy meal in my opinion. Sometimes I'll use some natural sausage and a bit of cheese to make a scramble or an omelet. Nitrate free deli meal is a good, grab and go option also!