IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are your favorite easy meals to cook when you are lazy?

Discussion in 'Health' started by yaanzf, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

Eggs is one of the easiest to boil sprinkle with Himalayan salt, pepper and a bit of soy sauce. Then you can make an egg salad sandwich with some fresh veggies and opps, chips, sorry healthy eaters, but I like chips and some iced tea a full hearty and mostly healthy meals. I like pasta too. In our home we eat fried spaghetti sprinkle with soy sauce and fry in olive oil and viola you got a meal with a side of veggies. Sometimes if I got some tortilla chips I'd make nachos. I recently made a spaghetti sauce with leftover salsa. Heat up the salsa add some veggies like onions & bell peppers pour over your pasta and next you'll be full. So easy and so filling when you're lazy to cook much meals are fun too! Like most of you we like ramen too. We add thinly sliced spam, green onions and eat away. I love pepper with my ramen.

2. Natasha0717

Natasha0717 New Member

Spaghetti-O's will always do it for me. That, with pita bread toasted and a little butter on top. I had a better "go-to" quick meal, it was called Hormel Kid's Cuisine Cheesy Mac-and-Cheese. It was SO delicious, and only took about 40 seconds in the microwave to make.

Unfortunately, they've discontinued it. I know this because I actually emailed Hormel a couple nights ago just to find out for sure, because I couldn't find the Mac-and-Cheese anymore in stores. It was very upsetting, I really loved that microwave meal. I don't understand why they always seem to discontinue the good stuff. (?) :mad: So for now, it's just good old Spaghetti-O's...until I can fine a better mac-and-cheese, which I know I won't.

3. ChattyCatty

ChattyCatty New Member

I usually keep some small white potatoes here, and when I get hungry and want a quick snack or meal, I microwave one for 4 minutes. Then, I top it with a little butter and shredded cheese and put it back in for about 40 seconds. If I have sour cream or onion dip, I put a small amount on top, with a little salt and red and black pepper. My microwave isn't that strong, so if you have a strong one, you could probably cut the cooking time to around 3 minutes, depending on the size of your potato. Sometimes I'll use salsa on top too, it just depends on what I'm craving.

4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

An easy meal I like to make when I'm feeling lazy is stir fry. I usually just buy the prepackaged stir fry vegetables from the produce section instead of chopping my own. Personally, I use plant based "chicken" because I'm a vegetarian, but just use whatever kind of meat you desire. Cook the meat thoroughly, then add some teriyaki sauce and sauté the vegetables. Pour over rice or noodles and enjoy a nice and easy dinner.

5. Charlene Little

Charlene Little New Member

I am a person who loves to cook. I seriously don't think I have ever felt too lazy to cook. I have been to lazy to clean the bathroom, wash laundry, or develop the desire to make dinner plates, but the cooking part is a breeze.

However, when I do feel like I don't have as much energy as I usually do, I revert back to my favorite homemade mac & cheese recipe. Elbow noodles, bashamel with mounds of melted cheddar, brie, gruyere, and mozzarella mixed in. Of coures I like spicy food so I throw in some Serrano for a little bite.

6. AngelaMc

AngelaMc New Member

Hot Dogs and fresh cut French fries are my go to easy meal when I don't want to cook a big one. It's inexpensive to make, my family enjoys it, and it's an American Classic. Just add what ever your favorite toppings are whether it be chili, sauerkraut, onions the sky's the limit. Sprinkling your fries with a little "Old Bay Seasoning gives your meal that small amount of heat it needs. "Yummy"

7. teighlor smith

teighlor smith New Member

My favorite lazy meal to make would be grilled salmon or oven salmon. All you have to do is spread butter on it and add some seasoning to your liking and wrap it into foil. Then put it in the oven for about a hour and then take it out and its ready to eat. Instead you can get a skillet, pour some olive oil in the skillet. Then season the salmon and grill it in the skillet. I love this meal because its healthy and easy to make.

8. mimi

mimi New Member

Definitely would be instant noodles. But I recently notice as if my body already showing low tolerance towards ramen. I will start to feel a little bit dizzy after consuming those ramen, especially on empty stomach. Need to find replacement as soon as possible I guess! Any recommendations?

9. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

My favourite easy meals are: Fried,Green Burro Bananas with Steamed Callaloo and Ripe Burro Banana Fritters. These are filled with nutrients, save time and taste really delicious. They are also affordable and easy to access.

The Burro Bananas are peeled, cut into small pieces then fried in Coconut Oil, like French Fries. The Callaloo is cut into small pieces then steamed in Water and Coconut Oil. The ripened Burro Bananas are blended with Water then poured unto Flour, Nut Meg and Sugar, mixed into a soft batter then fried in Coconut Oil.

10. Mohsin

Mohsin New Member

Egg salad

Boil the eggs, chop the eggs, chop some onion, chop some tomato, cut a lemon,get some grated lemon zest.

Mix chopped eggs, onion, tomato, lemon juice, grated lemon zest, pepper, somemayonnaiseand saltto taste.

You can mix small pieces of boiled potatotoo to the salad.

11. TheDiscerningGranny

TheDiscerningGranny New Member

I actually make crockpot freezer meals in advance. I see what meats are buy one get one or on a great sale and then come up with recipes using other buy one get one ingredients that are on sale. I do any vegetable prep and then get out all my ingredients and a bunch of 1 gallon freezer bags. I put all the ingredients for the recipes in the bags uncooked, yes, even raw meat, and squeeze the air out and seal them up and stack them flat in the freezer. Prior to filling them I write the recipe and instructions on the bag. Each night I take out what we want for dinner the next night and when I get up I dump it into the crock pot on low and let it cook. Nothing could be easier! All it takes is the time spent in planning, shopping and filling up the bags. You can do it once a month if your freezer is big enough. There are tons of recipes online, too!

12. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

My go-to lazy meal is definitely pasta. All you need is to boil the pasta noodles, heat up some pasta sauce and then mix the two together. I usually also add some pre-cut frozen vegetables while I'm cooking the sauce. Overall, it requires basically no prep work, very little clean up and you can have a healthy, delicious meal in less than half an hour. Recently, I've also seen many recipes for one-pot pastas which seem to require even less effort although I have yet to try any of the recipes. In addition, pasta is a very adjustable meal and you can add different things according to what you have available and what you feeling like eating.

13. comfie

comfie New Member

My all time favorite is noodles. Simply boil for two minutes, drain the water and add the sauce provided. The sauce comes in a variety of flavors to soothe your taste buds; vegan, beef, chicken and pepper...and boom! You have just made yourself some lunch. And it is yummy too.

14. shanicx

shanicx New Member

Noodles is a quick meal to prepare anytime am tired or feel lazy, Though very rich in carbohydrate.
    I love to make my noodles very healthy and nutritious, So I prepare it with lot of vegetables such as spring onions,cabbage etc.And I spice it up with some red pepper, ginger and garlic.