IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What are your tips to getting clear and healthy skin?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Chrystal18, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Chrystal18

Chrystal18 New Member

I have struggled with acne for 4 years now and just recently I discovered how to clear my skin. After using all the name brand acne treatments on the shelf that made my skin worse than it was before, I began to read and research. The first thing people don't think of when it comes to acne is your diet. The saying is true you are what you eat. Once I changed my diet which was cutting out sugar, dairy and meat I started to notice that my face was less inflamed and fewer pimples popping up every other day. I then started drinking more water. Water is key you guys, I would drink 32 ounces of lime water in the morning. Then drink about five 16 ounce bottles of water throughout the day. With this routine and using raw African Black Soap and an oil free moisturizer, I can truly say this has worked out for me. Also, don't forget to exercise!

2. macgirl68

macgirl68 New Member

Water is definitely key to good skin as well as over all health. Also make sure that you are getting plenty of fruits and veggies as well as lean proteins and an adequate amount of healthy fats. Diets too low in fat actually dries out and ages the skin, causes it to appear sallow and premature wrinkling. Our cells need certain fats for cellular renewal as well as maintaining overall cellular health.

3. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Personally, what affects the condition of my skin the most is the amount of sleep I get. When I don't get enough sleep, my skin feels extremely dry and irritated, whereas it feels much softer when I am well rested. In addition, I try to reduce as much stress in my life as possible. I've noticed that I am more likely to break out in acne when I am under intense stress and don't have as much time to take care of myself. I agree that drinking water is essential, and I often drink green tea which has plenty of health benefits.

4. shanicx

shanicx New Member

First of all water water water, water is very important in achieving a great skin,Water moisturizes the skin and helps to flush out toxins, It also balances the fluid in the body.
    Healthy meals has also helped to give me a very clear skin,Eating lots of vegetables, fruits and proteins than carbohydrate and fat is a sure way to achieve good skin.
    Lastly I wash my face every night before going to bed with natural African black soap after which I apply freshly ground turmeric all over my face, Turmeric helps to clear the skin.

5. maureenc

maureenc New Member

The best thing to keep in mind is what works for our skin and what affects it...I had an issue with soaps.I would use the best according to consumers but it destroyed my skin more..
    On a daily basis I clean my face At least thrice a day and apply coconut oil which has proven to be the best remedy for my skin..
    I avoid touching my face or even hair oil contacting my face..
    Also a clean diet helps a lot cutting down junk and fat foods have helped a lot.

6. icanbe

icanbe New Member

That's interesting. I absolutely LOVE water, even though I haven't thought about how it impacts our skin. I am actually trying to get rid of dark circles under my eyes. I understand that this must happen from the inside out. Would you recommend and have you seen evidence of how water can be effective for clearing dark circles under the eyes?