IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Can I Do For My Colitis?

Discussion in 'Health' started by AndyT8, Jan 27, 2017.

1. AndyT8

AndyT8 New Member

I am a young adult. I have terrible colitis. It involves timely (bad timing) flair ups of inflammation.

I have a diet high in sugar and acids , but no soda or spices or too much fried food.

I welcome all advice. =)

*I am allergic to nuts, shellfish, and dairy.. (though I sometimes indulge cautiously in all of the three.)

2. Nawsh

Nawsh New Member

Ulcerative colitis is one of the worst diseases. Prior to my diagnosis I was suffering so much. I was having acute pains in my tummy and back and I couldn't sleep at night. I also had to take leaves from work. In February 2011, I had a very bad flare up and I landed in the hospital where I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. My doctor prescribed some medicines which didn't really work. Then I started dieting. I eliminated all dairy products from my diet, I started eating only gluten free foods and I stopped eating fast and processed foods. It was very tough for me to follow the diet and at times I had cravings. I tried my best to resist those temptations and after nearly one and a half year I was in remission. If you want to achieve remission then I will advise you to follow a strict diet.