IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do I need to do to improve my ratings?

Discussion in 'Posting Tips' started by thisnthat, Apr 24, 2015.

1. SweetPoetry77

SweetPoetry77 New Member

I am so glad someone explained the process on posting here to me because I was sure that my previous post were correct. Someone told me about this site and suggested that I join because I love to write and said that I could earn a little cash on the site. I am hoping that this will help me tap back into my passion so that I can start back writing on my own blog. I think I have a severe case of "Writer's Block Mountain Edition" because I find myself starting a project and then becoming so nervous that I freeze up. I do have a question though because I noticed this when I tried to post in other forms. I wanted to know why I have to sign up for some of the forum areas I tried to post in?

2. KenBrace

KenBrace Staff Member Administrator

I don't completely understand what you're asking. Are you confused about forum registration?

3. SweetPoetry77

SweetPoetry77 New Member

I may have done something wrong but I tried to post in a forum and it was asking me to register to post. I have been posting but I am trying to figure out it I have posted 10 times. Is there a way that I can see all the post that I have made on this site?

4. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHome New Member

@KenBrace I just want to thank you for taking the time to coach and help people. You don't HAVE to do that. You could just turn people away easily and not give them pointers or second chances. You kinda rock!

BTW, I have made ten more posts and I do hope they are more suitable and will be to your approval so I can start earning with this great site.

KenBrace likes this.
  5. KenBrace

Your post count is displayed on each of your posts. It is also shown on your profile page. It appears that you've made a total of 9 posts so far.

6. gabr1ela

gabr1ela Member

And I think I could do a good job here, how about this site, I heard everything related to very good website in top quality content must be 100% good, so must you torment me a little more but as they say on the way we learn and work will be good at the end of the beginning.

7. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

@thisnthat your rating according to @KenBrace is 4.3 when compared to my rating which is 4.0, you are better than me by 0.3. Well, TFW administrator KenBrace has suggested three ways for us to improve our rating here. I would rather repeat here for emphasis: good grammar, interactive,, and post length.

I may put it this way in the simplest approach I may employ while writing under the acronym WRITE which W stands for Who and What (audience and topic/theme); R (readership - correct usage of English); I (interactive - leading the readers to think and to react (moving to action); T (Timeliness); and E (Exclusiveness - the source/ownership).

How about that?

8. Anupama

Anupama New Member

I joined this site to earn money. Do I get credits to post on the Gateway or only on the forums I subscribe to? I was able to subscribe to only one forum, all the rest were locked. What do I do? Will posting on the gateway increase my rating, thereby increasing the number of Forums I can subscribe to? Please clarify.

9. Vyom Srivastava

Vyom Srivastava New Member

Depends what games are out. I could tell you if Arkham Knight dropped tomorrow I'd probably be investing 3-4 (probably more) daily for a good while. I recently got a Wii U and Pikmin 3, and I consistently played through it around four hours per day until completing it four times in a row, I enjoyed it so much.

Most of the time I'm perusing various gaming sites and boards. Talking about gaming I find is almost as enjoyable as doing it.

10. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

It has been emphasized here that posts in Gateway are qualifying posts for you to be officially declared as a confirmed member. While the rest of the posts here are for discussion, interaction, information, answer to queries or whatever they are apt to, but they never ever receive a credit. Except for those sites in the forum where you have subscribed after you have joined them or signed in. I think that is the rationale of joining here.

KenBrace likes this.
  11. KenBrace

Well said @Nocturnal Writer.

12. Anupama

Anupama New Member

My rating went low. From 3.9 it went to 4.0 and now it has decreased to 3.7. What am I doing wrong? How do I improve?

13. ckiehl05

ckiehl05 New Member

I appreciate all of the feedback on this thread. I'm new and it's sometimes daunting to try to figure out all of the in's and out's of a new site.

14. Melaney Bridges

Melaney Bridges New Member

I like reading the rules of platforms before joining. I'm very new to forums so reading the Guide to Quality Writing helped me significantly. Forums and Social Media are different. There's tons of value to be shared, connections to be made, and branding to be initiated that to treat this as a casual hangout. We can leave that for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

It's good to have a place to go for intellectual conversation.

15. Vishesh

Vishesh New Member

Good afternoon I have made 22 posts and have been approved. I do enjoy posting and writing fr theforumwheel. I was wondering if you could help me with how to increase my rating and when I can cash out.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your timely response! I love the fact that theforumwheel offers interesting topics and gives you a good incentive for your time!

This message is for the admin: I was wondering if someone could assist me with my log in information for the Forums. The Username and Password is not working correctly. I do enjoy posting on subjects that I am familiar with in the Forum Wheel and and was wondering if someone could help me with this so I can make more quality, concise posts!

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  16. Tyi

Tyi Member

Thank you for the information, because I also wanted to know how long a post should be. So far, I have 6 points and no ratings at all. I am really concerned about this as I am trying to be as informative and engaging as possible. I feel that I put forth a reasonably good effort at replying to posts that interests me. I'll just keep trying simply because I like to write. Hopefully, it will get better.

17. Sandy

Sandy New Member

To improve your rating, your postings must adhere to the norms explained in the ‘Guide’. If you give importance to the following points dealt in the guide, you can improve your ratings.

While posting in the forum you must give sufficient importance to the length of posting, punctuation, paraphrasing, grammar and spelling, which are all considered as elements of good English. Besides, you must give equal importance to user interaction, the thread and posting ratio also.

At the same time, forget not to hold fast to content regulations, and to avoid contents like- abusive, hateful and adult contents etc that are prohibited by the forum regulations.

18. KenBrace

Once you've been given your initial rating after approval, that rating doesn't change. The only way to change your account rating is to get more ratings from other forums that you post in. This allows all of them to average out to a higher (or possibly lower) number overall.

Have you been approved as a writer?

19. Tyi

Tyi Member

I know this might sound strange but, I am not sure. How would I know if I have been approved?

20. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

Well that certainly makes things a little bit easier for me, so I can appreciate that. I am still a little unfamilar with the model, though, and it sounds like the rating is pretty fixed once you receive your initial one, but I am not sure how often that would change. What I am familiar with is a change every time somebody else rates you for something, and I kind of hope that this is the case here. It is intriguing though, and thanks for all the help.