IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do I need to do to improve my ratings?

Discussion in 'Posting Tips' started by thisnthat, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal Writer Member

If your concern is the rating that you received while participating in the forums which you have subscribed, there is a standard guideline on how the rating is obtained and also it depends on how the owner of the forum has rated you based on the quality of the post you've submitted or posted. That means it is not permanent.

2. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree Wongwanlee New Member

I think the first thing we need to change is NOT to look at the money we are paid when making a post. Rather, look at forum posting as writing practice. Plus service advertisement. How so?

When you write, you are practicing writing. If you keep on writing just enough to fulfil the requirements to get paid, then you are just doing the same old thing over and over again. True, you are still practicing but you are not getting any better at it. So, when you write, even if it's a forum post which pays only five cents, use that chance to write as well as you can. Within limits, of course. I am not saying that you should write a 1000-word doctoral dissertation as a forum post. In fact, if you do that, I don't think you are doing anyone any favors. Forums are a totally different platform from thesis presentations. So, don't look at the money you are paid. Just write as well as you can.

At the same time, as you write a forum post, remember that it's an advertisement of your service. You never know who is reading your post. It could be someone looking for a writer. If you write forum posts which are consistently good, then you are advertising the fact that you are a good writer. That's worth a lot more money than whatever you are paid for the forum post.