IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you do to become fit?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Rasheed1958, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Rasheed1958

Rasheed1958 New Member

Fitness is a greatest blessing by God, If someone has.We should have to do a lot of necessary steps to become healthy and fit from other.Some people may cross all the limits to show them fit than others.I daily devote some of my time for fitness of my body.I daily go for a walk in the morning to enjoy the cool breeze outside near some fields.I have planted many kinds of flowers in my garden.I feel very happy when I sit among the green plants and I often do some exercises.After that I come back to my home and do light breakfast.After performing these some important steps, I feel relaxed all the day.In night, I go for gym which is near my home.There, I do many kind of exercise and I drink many energy drinks to maintain my fitness.After all of these, I feel fresh and I go to my bed to enjoy a pleasant sleep. What do you do to maintain your fitness all the day?

Matheus and QueenofHearts like this.
  2. Hannah Malagueno

Hannah Malagueno New Member

One of the quickest way to become fit that a lot of people do is to spend several hours in a gym, starving themselves by not eating the entire day. Maybe, this is an effective option for the meantime. Health wise, however, this is harmful, especially if done on a long-term basis. Based on my experience, losing weight should never be done at a haste. The proper way to lose weight is consistency, discipline and patience.
    3-4 hours work out a week, a proper diet, avoiding high-calorie food, increased water intake, good sleep, and a healthy mind on an everyday basis will suffice. Don't forget a positive outlook lets you win at everything.

Matheus likes this.
  3. Van

Van New Member

Fitness is being physically fit and healthly. For one to be fit he/she has to start the day with a heavy breakfast, for the body to have enough energy to start the day. At lunch one has to take wealth balanced meal including fruits. Then at the end of the day a good workout like jogging,running or going to gym to reduce excess calories in the body.

4. Purity Mani

Purity Mani New Member

Fitness is the condition of being physically fit and healthy. To keep fit I walk and jog a lot in the mornings,sometimes I skip when am not in a good mood I dance to some music and sometimes yoga,am very keen on what a I eat and drink even though some times I have cheat days I try so much to avoid temptations. I can't say am very fit but am fairy fit.

Sometimes keeping fit its challenging when you have to juggle between kids and working,the key is to watch what you eat and drink

5. MarkCorrea

MarkCorrea New Member

Recently I discover a 5-minute routine on the internet and it works for me. That five-minute includes the following;

1. Push up for 1 minute
    2. Sit-ups for 1 minute
    3. Jumping jack for 1 minute
    4. Squats for 2 minutes

Include proper diet by eating healthy food as much as possible make it organic on your daily eating schedule. We have to be more aware now of how we can take care of ourselves in our daily lives. I also started to run for 5 kilometers every weekend for me to maintain my body and keeps away to any health issues.

6. Athanas

Athanas New Member

To keep your body fit, even lightest exercises like performing household chores play a critical role. For beginners, it is always a good thing to start off with light exercises as you slowly progress to more intense exercises. As for me, I do exercises almost throughout since my main means of transport is a bicycle, I really love it when cycling. From my house, to the job place, back to the house or even when I am going to the market, I use my bike. It keeps me healthy.

7. Meli

Meli New Member

A positive attitude towards life, moderate eating and light exercise are all that's required to keep me fit. Taking an evening stroll on the beach or park everyday, makes me feel fresh and relaxed. I use the stairs instead of elevators and that keep my joints healthy.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  8. mrejapino

mrejapino New Member

If you want lose weight but can't quite transfer that desire into action, you may have some barriers holding you back your willingness to make changes, to rein in unhealthy behaviors, will have a big impact on your body shape.

Asking yourself why you can't lose weight is an important step because it's a way of acknowledging that what you're doing now isn't working. It means you're beginning to look at alternative and thinking.

9. Somethingclever

Somethingclever New Member

Eat healthy, workout, and motivation. Eating healthy doesn't require you to spend a boatload on meal-preps or anything like that. Simply cut out how much junk food and fast food you eat. Just start cooking your meal instead of buying them at fast food restaurants. Working out doesn't need to involve a gym. Simply download a workout app (there's so many) and commit to that everyday. There's also plenty of free workout videos on Youtube. Also, you have to stay motivated. Don't try to lose weight or get healthy for anyone but yourself. Do it because you want to love your body and because you want to be healthy and because you want to live a long proactive life.

10. jaymish

jaymish New Member

To be honest, this is an issue I am struggling with at the moment. I am on a low carbohydrate (carb) diet. I’m doing quite well on it. I’m losing about 1 kg per week. However, I think I need to include exercise as well, to be healthy and build muscle. There are so many options, I’m not really sure what to chose.

I’m currently doing two ten minute routines. One is high-intensity training. The other is a series of planks that are supposed to substitute cardio and build your abdominal muscles. I’m struggling as they are not easy. I plan to start the gym in a month’s time. Hopefully, this will help.

Studies show that if you participate in an activity that you like, there is more of a likelihood you will stick with it. As we all know fitness is a lifestyle.

11. QueenofHearts

QueenofHearts New Member

Great post and these are awesome tips that you've shared. Well for me with being a modern day nomad (a woman who lives in her van) I'm able to go for nice walks in the parks and camping grounds. Recently, I've invested in a Planet Fitness membership and it is the best decision I've made. I know longer need to depend upon my family and friends to get showers from, now I can work out and shower all in one.

With turning 41 years young last month, and the passing on my Mother 4 days after my birthday; I've made a conscious decision to keep my health in top notch shape the best I can. I'm still working on quitting these nasty cigarettes, but until I truly decide to do that, I'll keep up with my cardio and keep making sure the blood is circulating properly.

Great post Love. Keep shining and inspiring! :D

12. ion

ion New Member

Jogging every morning, and long walk going to my office and back home. It's a complete exercise I think, a simple walk or run will improve your body specially your cardio. If you don't have time to go to gym, just walk a lot, go to the mall just to walk around. I play basketball also, Your favorite sports also will help you to be become fit, so keep playing your sports, and enjoy while doing that.

13. Richard

Richard New Member

Physically,mentally and psychologically fitness are all geared into achieving the healthy benefits. The resolve to achieve the actual goal, tests our desires & the limit we are willing to surpuss. Personally fitness isn't muscle building but rather a state of good health. I keep fit by eaiting a good balanced diet. I also devote time walking atleast one kilometre,rope jumping,running in the early morning and doing some push ups. In addition i play chess and other mental games that test my brain streagth and capabilities. Its daily rountine that i have gotten used to.The resolve,time and above all respecting our body limits helps keep me fit.

14. bware

bware New Member

A long walk, or jogging, that's the only thing always do to make me fit. I don't do some exercise aside from jogging or walking. Actually for me, jogging is the perfect exercise to be fit. it's good for cardio also, and long walk, even actually not exercise, it's just normal thing, but you will receive a lot of benefits specially to your cardio. Playing your favorite sports also will make you fit, just be addicted to sports, like basketball or football, It looks like you having exercise but actually not, you just playing your favorite sports, and it's fun at the same time .

15. Matheus

Matheus New Member

I totally agree with Hannah, it is not easy to become fit and this is not of a day to other. It takes a lot of time and it is necessary to have discipline to eat healthy and to exercise often. Normally, people want fast results and they want to see you body change quickly, but that is not the way it happens.

To become fit is necessary to adopt a life style healthy with balance and happiness. If you are trying to become fit but you are not happy, so you need to change some attitudes and habits. Take easy and move on calmly.

16. Six Pennington

Six Pennington New Member

For me I really enjoy weightlifting. It is my first love in my exercise regimen. By lifting, I have loss a massive amount of inches, reduced my weight, toned my physique and have become much stronger. I am also much more vascular than I've ever been because of it. If I could choose only one way to get in shape it would definitely be lifting weights. It alone has enhanced the quality of life since I have so much energy and stamina because of it.

17. Allan Cribz

Allan Cribz New Member

Get someone else to get fit with you. It is much easier to reach your goals when you have someone to share the pain and the gain. Create a schedule that you can both commit to and keep each other on track.

18. deroh

deroh New Member

Becoming fit is not all about how hard you train. Fitness starts from the kitchen. I personally 've achieved my fitness by checking on my diet and a little training. I avoided foods with high calories. Cutting on my carbs, red meat and snacks has really helped me achieve my goal of becoming fit.