IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you think about remakes

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by luri, Apr 25, 2017.

1. luri

luri New Member

These days there is a trend of remaking old movies. Many popular movies of yesteryear are being remade. Do you think remaking old movies is a good thing because good old movies are getting revived. Or do you think remaking is a loss of creativity.

2. Amanda2801

Amanda2801 New Member

There have been a couple of remakes that I have not minded, however I don't think that all movies should remade as I think that they are one of a kind. I have heard recently that they are planning on re making Dirty Dancing which I do not think they should do.

3. Treon

Treon New Member

Interesting topic. The majority of remake movies that I've seen are really, really bad. The one's that come to my mind are: The Psycho, Godzilla, A Nightmare on Elm Street.

I think movies shouldn't be remade.. especially the old time classics. It ruins the original ones and people's opinion of it.

4. RenoGerman

RenoGerman New Member

I don't think remaking a movie means that creativity is lost. For me, remaking an old movie is an "upgrade" of sorts in terms of the visual effects and audio. It can potentially make a classic hit become the latest blockbuster film. The younger generation would be more interested in the classics if they saw the remake first.

5. Mrs.Wilson

Mrs.Wilson New Member

I have split thoughts on this topic. On one hand, I feel like they shouldn't be remade because they are usually horrible. A lot of them just destroy the legacy of the movies in my opinion. Not to mention, If the remake is a success they will continue to make more of the same movie. On the other hand, I do get excited when I see certain remakes ( Nightmare on Elm Street and definitely the new Stephen King's IT movie!). Typically they are total letdowns but it's exciting to relive those great times in my life.

Needless to say, if they continue to make live action remakes of all of my childhood favorites I will be there to see them!

6. shaneka jones

shaneka jones New Member

I think that remakes are enhanced versions of older movies to keep it alive and add more effects. There are some remakes that I did not like and then there are some that were pretty cool. The recent Poltergeist remake was pretty awesome to me. I did not like the Carrie remake though. I found the Carrie remake to be a bit cheesy. I still was engaged while I watched it though.