IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Do You Think About Your Dell Laptop

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Krissttina Isobe, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I'll be buying my first laptop soon. I have window shopped about it to check prices. I have been researching laptops a bit. People really prefer Dell laptops to other laptops. I was leaning towards HP for a while until I read about what HP laptop owners said about it. One thing about HP owners said is that it's not durable and doesn't last too long only two years. I decided on a Dell laptop now instead of HP for my first laptop. What do you think of your Dell laptops? Does it last over five years? How is the battery life on your Dell laptops?

2. tommy71394

tommy71394 New Member

My old Dell laptop lasted for at least 8 years before giving out and outright dying (and refusing to boot up), it was my brother's (for about 3 or 4 years) before he moved away and left the laptop in my care for the next 4 years or so. I don't quite remember the battery life of it, since it died on me awhile ago, but I can guarantee their quality (for the old ones anyway, not sure of the new ones).

Actually, if you don't mind me asking, why are you getting a laptop? Is it for work, gaming, or just general-purpose use?

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

:)I'm going to use my laptop for my writing mostly. I play games at pch.com nothing that needs special equipment.

4. badcannon

badcannon New Member

Well,let me give you a brief idea about the whole concept of dell laptops are far more better than any other laptop reasons:
    1.Super Durable :- Yep its durable I have been using it for 2 years now,Well I love it.....accidentally I dropped it thrice but it managed to survive
    2.Big and Better Battery life:-Well why am I saying this because I am a gamer and usually I play for hours on my laptop and well to my surprise the laptop remains cool and stays up for a long time on battery
    3.features:-Let me just clear it up the features offered by dell is more than what others offer for the same price bracket
    4.Issues:-Till now none :)
    5.Customer care:-The best in industry :)

I would love to recommend dell to everyone.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

I'm so glad I'm on the right tract on choosing a dell laptop. Since I'll be buying my Dell next month I hope to get it affordable. Durable; long battery life-me too I play games at the library, when I borrow their netbook at home I play hours on end Dell is perfect for an end user like me. The internet connector has as a package deal tech support, so being user friendliest I need tech support. Having tech support gives me peace of mind. College has a computer lab and they had free tech support for your computer use. I love free tech support!

Thanks so much for your input about Dell laptops. Knowing abut Dell laptops is very important information to help to make right decisions upon choosing a laptop. I just got computer literate in 2004 so I'm a newbie to the world of computers. Thank so so much again for all your help!:)

6. harijobs

harijobs New Member

I bought my Dell laptop four years ago and still it works amazingly without any trouble. The battery is durable and long lasting. It comes with a good RAM and storage capacity enough to run two-three software in it.

The body is also good and pretty strong because there are times I slipped my laptop and doesn't break. Also easy to carry around. This is a very good brand and I would highly recommend you to prefer Dell.

7. praveen

praveen New Member

These Days fate decides!! They assemble a lot of laptops but some have repairs from the starting day and some have during warranty. But which laptop we will get? what if internal parts are not working after 3-4 moths? Any companies have same problems. But coming to Dell it's a BRAND. That's why a lot of people choosing Dell Laptops.
    But I noticed mainly speakers problem and some display issues, power issues. Speaker problem arises when we install open source media players. Display Problem is not in our hand. Poer and heat Issues arise when RAM is low as compared to the graphics card in laptops.We will rectify by increasing RAM.
    Present DELL has a longer period of working than any other companies.

8. keshav

keshav New Member

I've made the mistake of purchasing two dell laptops in my life, And i would never suggest for anyone to get a dell.
    They always seemed to break very soon after getting them, or just something would go wrong.
    When i bought my laptop about a year ago, if that, When i tried to get online the first time, the wireless internet was not working on the laptop, i had to send it in to get fixed. And that was the FIRST day i got the laptop, The replacement they sent me pooped out on me within 3 months.
    If there is any type of laptop i would suggest getting is Apple Macbooks. They are a little pricey but they are wonderful and work wonders.

If macbook is too expensive, try going with HP, Song, or Toshiba!!!

9. SeaGato

SeaGato New Member

Some people here are amazed by Dell, and some people have an absolute hatred towards it. Personally, I enjoy using my Dell laptop. It was an insanely good deal for what I got. I paid around $750 for it and I got a GTX 960m graphics card in it. It has a 4k Touch Screen 16.9 inch display. The only negative I found with the laptop is the track pad isn't the best which might be a turn off for most people, but I don't need to use it very much. I do understand many people have the issue with Dell that the laptop is broken pretty much upon purchase. What I urge you to do if you buy a Dell laptop is to buy it from a store because then it is far easier to return than if you bought it straight from Dell.

If anybody was wondering exactly which laptop I have it's this one (It is no longer available for the price I purchased it for): Dell i7559-7514GRY 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch screen Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor, 8GB Memory, 1T plus 128GB solid state drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M graphics, Windows 10 Home

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

:confused:Right now it's under warranty for one year. The first week it was soooo terrific. Then, the computer freezes and I got to restart. I'm working together with Dell tech because it's under warranty, to see what the problem is. My cursor shakes and I play games, not good at all when the cursor shakes. The techs are helping me with it too. They did an over one hour by phone diagnostic test and it started running better. Then, just yesterday the laptop freezes every hour then every half hour. They told me to download chrome, so luckily I get a restore and I got to where I was when I had to restart, when it froze. I asked the techs if I got a lemon...no response to it, lol. The Dell techs evaluation is I got a virus. I have an Inspiron 15 5000, with an i3. I bought it for like you I asked what is a good laptop, they all said Dell is the best. I'll tell you the tech team is wonderful, friendly and helpful. I'm use friendliest person so I need all the help I can get. They have given me a link to further help me with turning on Microsoft security built in system. Dell tech will work together with you when it's under warranty. I just bought it and is just over a month old. I hope things improve on my first computer. Good luck in choosing your laptop. This problem may not happen to you, so I wouldn't worry too much. I read that it's better to buy from a store if you need to return your Dell for another laptop.

11. shark1234

shark1234 New Member

OK! So, at the present time;
    Dell laptops don’t have very durable bodies. (same is the problem with Lenovo).
    HP laptops have a problem with their displays (display stops working after a year or so..).

So, I’ll suggest you to go with ASUS or Acer. Their body build is better than any other brand in the market, at present.