IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you use the Internet for?

Discussion in 'Education' started by sindija, Feb 7, 2017.

1. ashleiy

ashleiy New Member

The internet is the backbone of intellect and education. Gone are the days where you had to go above and beyond just to understand something you read about. Google is your friend. I am personally such a huge fun of Investopedia. The amount of knowledge I have gained from it is immense, and whats even better is the fact that it explains concepts to you in the most layman language you can think of. I really need this now that I am studying for CFA level one. Time and life saver. Amen to the internet!

2. McB Carino

McB Carino New Member

Many people use the internet nowadays because of the benefits and perks we can get from it. I'm working as a Freelancer so I personally use the internet for job purposes. I also have my own social media account like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter so i use internet for browsing those accounts and updating some status. There's a time that boredom strike on me too so i keep watching videos on Youtube. Listening to music can count too. I also use the internet to communicate to my relatives abroad. Using the internet I am able to see them and talk to them in real time without traveling.

3. Rossy

Rossy New Member

I really must appreciate internet. Imagine a world with no internet, I wouldn't actually be typing here in this forum. Internet has changed the world in a great way. I can now talk to my relatives living overseas courtesy of the internet.

I wouldn't get bored if I was locked up in a room with my smart phone. I could entertain myself from the internet( play games, play music, watch videos, watch news, read books, etc)

Thanks to internet I can now make money online. There are so many job opportunities online, starting from content writing to online surveys

4. Ayinna

Ayinna New Member

I use the internet for so many things that sometimes, I wonder what my life would look like if there wasn't an internet.

The internet has brought me closer to the world. If not for anything, I'm able to express my thoughts on Forum Wheel because of the internet. If not for the internet, I wouldn't be here at all.

Thanks to the internet, I can stay in my comfort zone and still be able to get access to most information that would have required me travelling from place to place. In the process, the internet has also saved me lots of time.

The internet is resourceful. These days, I don't have to pay a visit to the local library before getting all the necessary information that I need from books, magazines, journals, newspapers and other physical materials. The internet is the largest library one could think of. Hitherto, certain information would have been lost without the advert of the internet but now, we see that the internet hasn't only taken care of information problem but it has also succeeded in bringing those valuable information closer to mankind.

I also use the internet for entertainment and work related purposes.

5. Ouru

Ouru New Member

I love trying out new recipe, due to my tight schedule of classes, I use Internet to download recipe and try out making new dishes.
    In addition, I use Internet to source useful information for my research work.

6. jayden

jayden New Member

I personally use the internet for research purposes whenever am doing a project, i also use it to get information on the current happenings in the world that is, as a source of information, for entertainment purposes like watching movies, music etc.

7. scottnoo

scottnoo New Member

Gaming, Listening, Reading, But i do like Learning more than else

8. Amos14

Amos14 New Member

I use the internet to learn and socialize. Internet is the best invention in our time. It has promoted communication and made the world a global village. The increase in speed is an advantage to the users.

9. Dione

Dione New Member

The internet provides all kinds of information; there is hardly any question that google and other search engines would not have an answer to. It's easy for students to carry out assignments due to the chance for wide range of research tools.

Students, unemployed and even the employed, basically anyone can now earn through the internet. There is availability of online jobs such as transcription, typing, virtual assistants, customer services and proofreading. You just have to find legit sites which will actually pay you for your services. Most of these jobs require no experience, which sorely depends on the employer.

The payments for there jobs are also made online via sites such as PayPal.
    When one is dedicated, they can make a living from these jobs despite not having an actual office job.

10. Rozlyn Waganda

Rozlyn Waganda New Member

Internet has become a very important part of our lives that life without it can't be imagined.

I literally use internet for anything and everything. I connect with family and friends via various channels like WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, to mention but a few. I also use internet to download my favourite music and watch videos on YouTube.

I have never attended any cooking lessons but I am a very good cook, thanks to Google. Whenever I want to try out new recipes; I head straight to Google because am certain I will get whatever information I need.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  11. Raymond Chen

Raymond Chen New Member

I use the Internet for everything; I can't live without it. I use it for research in my studies, for cooking assistance in my meals, entertainment when I'm bored, or just when I'm curious and need to know the answer to a certain something. The Internet has actively shaped the generation today and I believe we literally can't live without it.

12. Bebelou Palanas

Bebelou Palanas New Member

The internet has become a huge part of our lives. Many people in today's generation are relying on the internet to do a lot of different tasks. Information is the biggest advantage internet is offering. It is a virtual treasure of information. Any kind of information on any topic is available on the Internet, and you can almost find any type of data on almost any kind of subject that you are looking for. In fact, wherever you go these days, you can see people holding some sort of gadgets and using the internet to play games or search things that they want. But of course, the internet is not just about entertainment. Many students are using the internet to do research and complete their assignments. Since the internet is full of information, most students use this as a source of education.

It is also very important when it comes to communication. Before, when people wanted to speak with someone who lives in a distant place, they would have to reach a phone and make a phone call. If they don’t have any access to a phone, they would write a letter, which usually takes a few days to arrive. But now, there are emails and social media, wherein you can instantly send messages to your loved ones.

13. dom94

dom94 New Member

The internet has certainly made a huge impact in our lives since it has a major role in our day to day lives. One thing I would like to point out is that fact that it is like a gigantic library that is available to anyone completely free of charge and open 24/7 wherein you can search and find anything you want with just a click away. Through the internet I am able to communicate with anyone from any part of the world easier through video call, email and other social media platforms. Another thing is that there are plenty of educational resources available online that could help in aiding homework and research. Online money transactions can be simple, fast, and secure without us lining up a long queue just to transfer or deposit cash. Almost all the work can be done through the comforts of our own home.

14. Wlocky

Wlocky New Member

Personally i believe the internet should primarily be used for education at all levels. As in to acquire new information and do research. More often than not, people use the internet for perverse things and this makes them waste alot of time.

15. Joseph Gathenya

Joseph Gathenya New Member

i use internet for learning, ie, google on various learning studies, still i used it in communication

16. ShikoKamande

ShikoKamande New Member

I use the internet for quite alot of stuff. Firstly, I have an online course that I do,
    I watch the news via youtube, I listen to music online,I do freelancing online, I do my own extensive personal research via google at my free time, not forgetting reading my everyday emails as well.

17. AngieW

AngieW New Member

Oh my! I use the internet everyday. I check my email at least twice per day. I use it for facebook to communicate with my sisters and their families. I get on pinterest to find neat craft projects to make. Or new recipes to try. I like looking up information on topics that I am interested in, such as cats. I use the internet to find good books to read. I shop on the internet on ebay or amazon. Really if you took the internet away from me, I would be lost. I rely way too much on it.

18. Alan

Alan New Member

I mostly use the internet for watching Netflix, accessing social media, and to stay informed. It helps quench my curiosity in some cases, and sometimes I use it to solve problems and get unique solutions. It also helps a great deal with research and gives you other peoples opinions.

19. rehema yeswa

rehema yeswa New Member

One can do lot's of things on the Internet. Personally, I do most of my things online. I make money from the internet, I play games, I watch news, follow up on news updates, and many other staff. About how I make money from the Internet, I'm actually a transcriber. I make my money doing transcription jobs. There are many sites where you could get transcription jobs eg Go transcript, Speechpad, Castingwords, Transcribe me, and many more. Let Google be your friend, and you won't be dissapointed.

20. Cherry

Cherry New Member

The internet has come to stay and I believe it doing more good than evil.I'm a great internet user because I spend more time online than offline.

I use my internet for chatting, researching, watching videos,reading blogs and forums, searching for jobs and lastly working with it to make money online. It always good to be connected to the internet.