IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you use your computer mainly for?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KoechBrian, Jun 22, 2017.

1. KoechBrian

KoechBrian New Member

Why buy a Computer? What reasons can you give as to why you decided to own a Computer?

2. macgirl68

macgirl68 New Member

These days I mainly use my computer as a freelance writer. I can easily spend eight or more hours a day between researching and writing. Many people actually forget how much research is involved in writing which is definitely much more time spent than actually writing.

3. Chiefson

Chiefson New Member

I use my computer mainly to play games and browse the internet. I browse all day and when am fed up, I switch to playing games. Gone are the days when I use to read lots of PDFs on it preparing for examinations. I just graduated from college and there isn't much to read on PC anymore. In light of this, my suggestion to someone who seeks to buy a computer is, he should look out for a good processing speed, quality graphics and probably large internal storage. The latter however, can be compensated with an external storage.

In my opinion, a good computer is one that is simply able to perform the task required of it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. alexowoade

alexowoade New Member

Doing college work,reading of books, internet, watching anime, listening to music, emulation and varying degrees of gaming.Video editing, surfing the web and gaming.

Attached Files:

5. pioneerauthor2017

pioneerauthor2017 New Member

As a chartered accountant, I use the computer while on an official assignment to prepare a company's summarized business records. I use it in the office for general auditing of the financial statements prepared and submitted by internal auditors and draw conclusions therefrom. Conclusions drawn are then presented to the management/board of directors through electronic means. Paperwork is reduced using the computer for most of the accounting operations.

Being an author, I use the computer writing all of my publications from scratch to publishing. I do reviews from time to time using the computer and copy files from the computer hard disk into flash drives and CDs.

6. Rossy

Rossy New Member

It is next to impossible to actually imagine there is that one single person in this generation who don't own a laptop. These machines have made our lives easy.

Learners mostly need laptops for their educational researches. Internet has made learning easier where a student can just sit in their room with a laptop and do their research online.

Most business too depend on laptops. For instance a sales person need to be compatible with a computer for marketing online. It is easier if one owned a laptop. This applies to people working online for instance content writers and bloggers.

Laptops are sources of recreation and entertainment. People can watch movies, play games and listen to music in their laptops. This is one of the main reasons youths enjoy owning laptops.

Billy Ondari likes this.
  7. Mitchell

Mitchell New Member

I use Google most of my time when searching, the other hand Bing has a bit of a technical problem or software when trying to search.

8. mshaggy7

mshaggy7 New Member

Whenever I Heard someone Say The Word Computer, It makes Me remember The Time When My Dad Bought My First Laptop For Me. I Spent most Of My Time On The Laptop Playing Games. I Can Spend More Than 8hours playing Games In fact I will Spend The whole Night Playing Games. But Now That Was Then. Now Am addicted to Watching films And Making Money Online.

9. zolzarr

zolzarr New Member

As of now, I have two laptops and one desktop computer. I find these devices necessary for my lifestyle. I utilize my computer for both work and personal matters. Microsoft Suite is my preferred set of programs to help me accomplish tasks on my computer.

As for personal use, I mainly require my computer for gaming. I am an avid gamer who is currently playing games like Dota 2, Minecraft, and also Football Manager 2017. Besides this, I also watch movies and listen to music on my computer.

10. Christine Louise Botha 7

Christine Louise Botha 7 New Member

I decided to own my own computer based on the following reasons:

- Menu planning - it is just easier on a bigger screen
    - Saving a large amount of information
    - Nicer to play games on

11. yishak1412

yishak1412 New Member

I use my computer for a variety of things like affiliate marketing which i just started out recently,for playing games online with my friends and strangers, for mining virtual currency (using cashware), for basic day to day browsing activities and also for making money online and for watching movies.

12. Noah

Noah New Member

I use my computer for offline and online businesses. After several years of being a jobless graduate, I bought a desktop computer and opened a business center in my hometown. I then started out with this petty business using only one desktop computer. Few weeks later, I was able to add three more computers to the one I started with. The business began to boom as time passed on. Recently, the business center has been diverted to an internet cafe.

I later developed keen interest in browsing the internet which gave me a great deal of exposure into online jobs. I chose to be a writer for content management systems, forum owners and webmasters. Through this, I made much more money than I did in my offline business.

13. KloeRinz

KloeRinz New Member

I mainly use my computer for freelance online work and offline single player gaming. I used to just play online games on my PC in the past, but I grew beyond that and I try to be productive with how I make use of my PC now. So, it's usually for searching information along with work. Sometimes, it's used for entertainment purposes, but I rarely waste time over that now.

14. ghostwriter1974

ghostwriter1974 New Member

I mainly use my 2in1 for online surveys and video points. It really doesn't have the capacity to do what I really want to do, which is editing videos. So for now I am just using it to make a few bucks here and there.

15. alexanderzx360

alexanderzx360 New Member

I'm a computer science student so I need it mainly for my studies but I use it for everything honestly.

I'd say 30% of my time I spend on the computer I use it programming or doing other studies related activities, such as doing research. Another 30% I just use it for surfing the web and on social media, and I'd say the rest of it is watching movies online and playing videogames.

Oh! And I almost forgot, right now I also use at least 10% working online, but that's a very recent thing

16. surebettn

surebettn New Member

As an Internet marketer and graphic designer, my computer has become my all in all.

Every time of the day, I am either surfing the net or getting some designs out there. So, I mainly use my system to surf the net and designing. Photoshop, CorelDraw, GIMP and various browsers are always open on my system unless I am asleep.

Actually, I would say that computer was solely invented because of me!

17. .michael

.michael New Member

Mainly, I use my computer for playing games and watching TV Shows. Of course I do many other things but I play games for the most of my time I spend on computer/laptop. I also like editing. I edit photos, videos, music etc. My siblings often ask me to improve their photos or some videos for their friends. I watch YouTube often. I follow some famous YouTubers that record gameplays, I really enjoy watching that.

I am active 'forum user'. I regularly check a few forums, mostly webmaster forums. Discussing about some topics, writing blogs is what I do the most and I enjoy doing it.
    Few days ago I joined a gaming community that offers a lot of addons, mods, pictures, fixes for my game I bought at steamcommunity.com. It's really good that we have so many topics and forums that we can participate in.

18. Michael Soriano

Michael Soriano New Member

I mainly use my computer for writing the documents that are associated with my thesis and for casual gaming I guess.

19. Sommax

Sommax New Member

I used my computer mainly for my studies. It really helped me a lot. Reason being that when I get confuse on a topic, I quickly search the topic on the internet. Also, using my computer to study helps me to read for hours.

mp0310 likes this.
  20. mihir225

mihir225 New Member

I mostly use computer to play the games. I like the games on my computer. Also, I use computer to surf the internet. I like to watch new videos on youtube, play some new games online and I like to chating on Facebook on my computer.