IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you use your computer mainly for?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KoechBrian, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

I mainly use my computer to get more and more information about different types if sites.I search different topics on internet to complete my college work.Sometimes I use my computer to download different diffetent stuff from internet such as new videos,games and music etc.I would like to say that my computer is my best companion to resolve my all problems.

2. saygorem

saygorem New Member

I usually use our computer in online jobs and for clerical work. I can't use it for gaming because the video card can't handle the required memory. Now we seldom use our computer because of the smartphones that we own already have many features that can you can use as a computer.

The most available gadget now is the smartphone, its easy to use and portabke unlike desktops and even laptops are sometimes bulky to take wherever you want to go.

3. huggy212

huggy212 New Member

I am using laptop as my main computer and I never regret buying a high end one. I mainly used my laptop for doing my online jobs and editing videos. Sometimes I play games during my free time so I advice that if you are going to buy a computer always go for the high end one that can last for a long time. I could live a day without a cellphone if I have my computer with me. One more thing that I love doing in my computer is watching movies wherever and whenever I want.

4. CyLes

CyLes New Member

I am using my computer for both gaming and personal use. I love to browse, play some game, watch videos, online shop and chat with my friends on facebook, talk to my loved ones in skype, and for surfing and research activities for some stuffs.

5. drdrizzle

drdrizzle New Member

Doing college work, internet, watching anime, listening to music, emulation and varying degrees of gaming.
    I use my computer for just about anything.

6. Anonzere

Anonzere New Member

I use my computer to store data, work online, check mails, communicate with other people through Skype and play games as well.

The uses of a computer are so many. Earlier on, before I knew the importance of internet, I could play computer games the whole day. Now that am aware of the benefits of internet, I use my computer to work online and look for useful information that I need to know. Thanks to the Internet's search engines like Google. All information is available at the touch of a button.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785 New Member

During college days I used my PC more for study purpose working mostly on MS office, reading PDF's and surfing internet. But nowadays as I am free I use it mostly for gaming and watching my favourite movies. While for other research and study works I prefer to use my android phone.

8. Saumya Bharti

Saumya Bharti New Member

I normally use my computer for doing official work. I use word and excel for this purpose . Computer helps me to do online works. I check emails , use facebook , play games on computer. It helps me to do research work. I get the information I needed. I have to work in ptc sites.

9. potentialwriter

potentialwriter New Member

I use the computer for two major reasons. The first major reason is to make money online. My desire to make a living online has been the ultimate purpose for using the computer. The main job I usually do with my computer online is typing. I work with more than five freelance writing companies and earn decent streams of income writing at the comfort of my home. I get paid anytime I reach the minimum payout through PayPal and withdraw to my bank account.

I use the computer as a web designer and deal in graphic designs using the computer. I get involved in web design contracts with companies making use of the computer system as my major instrument. Over ten trainees receive free computer training at my Computer Training Institute monthly.

10. olalemi2017

olalemi2017 New Member

In this era of technology, the computer can be used for so many tasks. By making use of the mouse, you can do a lot of things on your personal computer such as arts, designs, graphics, drawings and lots more. Many people use their personal computers to play games while many use theirs to edit and keep digital images. Computers are used by some people to run commercial businesses. Examples of such enterprises are business centers and cyber cafe. Owners of such businesses make a lot of money and reinvest.

Apart from the various tasks that you can perform using the personal computer, you can just imagine anything that you may use the personal computer for. It all depends on your personal potential. If you happen to be an architect, you would need a personal computer to make your drawings perfect.

11. Meli

Meli New Member

For the first part of the question - the internet is packed with information and entertainment that is easily available free of cost. So why not make the best use of it.

Right from the time I bought my computer, I use it for my freelance work - writing, editing, web research, etc. Of course, I use it for entertainment as well - watch youtube and play video games.

12. Eddielucky

Eddielucky New Member

I purchased my computer one year ago.Being a student in a university, a computer is as necessary as any other learning tool.My major uses include research, data analysis and also opening files such as PDF.
    A computer also comes in handy when relaxing and I feel I need to watch a movie or play some games.I just can't do without a computer.

13. Joshua Bautista

Joshua Bautista New Member

I play games with it, interact with my friends online, Googling my homeworks :) and a lot of things you can do with a computer really.

14. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

@KoechBrian ,there are many reasons why one may need to own a computer. First,it is very useful in college or university,whereby you can store a bulk of reading materials.Some courses such as graphic design interior design and architecture require computer software for creating their projects. A computer is also good for people who work online since some websites do not appear so well on phones.You may also need a computer for entertainment such as listening to music,watching movies and playing video games. It is also better to own one than to rely on cyber cafes due to the time limit and money charges.
    I mostly use my computer for entertainment and working online.

15. Richard

Richard New Member

I use my computer mainly to do research & most of the time reading online articles & books. Other reasons are listening to music or using it to store my documents.

16. Richard

Richard New Member

I use my computer mainly to do research & most of the time reading online articles & books. Other reasons are listening to music or using it to store my documents.

17. thisday01

thisday01 New Member

I use mine for quite a lot, creating graphics, video editing, browsing, and of cause, watching movies, i watch movies a lot especially very late at night, most times i sleep off with my laptop on beside me on bed, i only get to realise this when i wake up in the middle of the night or by morning.

18. Jowell Jeremiah Taga amo

Jowell Jeremiah Taga amo New Member

I primarily use my computer for work and gaming. I use it to check my emails and conduct paid tasks for my online free-lance job. While on gaming I primarily use my computer to play Lineage 2 Revolution using an android system emulator and also Ragnarok Online during my free time. Not to forget the social media websites and surfing the web which is one of the main reasons why we use computers nowadays.

19. BenjaminKS

BenjaminKS New Member

I use the computer mainly in many deferent ways, but let me start by defining it; a computer is an electronic device that receives data and processes it to generate information with speed and accuracy.
    1) Writing.
    I love writing a lot and I use it primarily for creating prose, much the same way that people once used typewriters. The computer is, however, much better than the system it replaced.I move text around, include text from one source in another document, change type font and a thousand other things that would have amazed writers a century ago. I do research because the computer has made it much faster and easier than it was for writers in the past. I write articles and send them to many people to educate because the computer has provided platforms to do this kind of activity, just like what I am doing know.
    2)Managing and running my business.
    Since I am connected to the internet it becomes easier to settle most of my business activities with the computer, for example, I have a list of workers and their various work responsibilities recorded in my computer, It has simplified tasks like inventory and catalog production
    3) Social Networking.
    Almost everyone in the world does social networking, this is meeting with friend and probably business partner online and having a great chart times, I have been able to maintain communication with longtime friend in deferent parts of the globe, so distance has never been a hindrance. Facebook, for example, has helped me meet a lot of new friends, I understand that this can also be done with phones, but personally, I like it on my computer since it's my table working tool. Skype is another amazing advantage of the social networking, I also hold meetings with partners at a distance.
    4) Study.
    Learning never ends. I am in my third year, distance learning and I usually take my lectures and notes using my computer, completing assignments and doing research is much easier now.

20. Dictator20

Dictator20 New Member

The mostly use of my computer is to do my jobs, Entertainment, Watching news, and more. Bust most of the time I used my computer for my online job, I have only a temporary job in a company so I have to find an extra income, so because of my computer I already find another source of money. If you are planning to buy a computer, I can suggest that you should know first what will be the purpose of it, if it will be you gaming computer or a computer just for reasearch because their specs. are different.