IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What do you use your computer mainly for?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by KoechBrian, Jun 22, 2017.

1. analo

analo New Member

To be honest, I mostly use my PC to play games and watch Youtube and Twitch. I do surf the net occasionally, and also use it for some internet jobs such as translating and being a freelance writer. If I have to do anything else, I usually use my tablet. I used to use my PC much more and for longer, but it has given me health problems so I've backed off a little.

2. PrettyBad

PrettyBad New Member

I mostly use my computer for browing or for playing games and watching movies sometimes, but recently I have started learning about 3D modeling using programs like Blender.

Computers have made my life easier and more enjoyable and thanks to them I might have a career with 3D modeling.

3. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

I use my computer for lots of reason, but the main reason is to play Minecraft and surf the web and work on my website. And the reason why I decided to own a computer was for video games. I went to a friends house and he had 3 computers set up in a LAN and that was the first time that I got introduced to LAN gaming and I was hooked after that!

I had to have a computer and my first computer was an AMD K62 350MHZ and 128MB of ram and a 16mb video card and a sound blaster sound card and a 10gb quantum fireball hard drive and a 56k modem. And I bought this huge 21" or 23" CRT monitor and that thing uses to weigh a ton. No kidding I bet it weighed close to 70 pounds or more. I want to say that I paid $1400+ for that PC

4. kenshie87

kenshie87 New Member

Computer is the other half of my life I guess, the Computer which is connected to the Internet is like everything but not all, communication is one thing, today new technologies and applications emerges in a small amount of time, you can communicate with anyone, anywhere, anytime via real time. Search, you can study, share knowledge, gain more information and apply it to your own preference, you can find jobs, buy/sell virtually anything. The computer is really a great tool in our society, but you must use it with a good purpose. The computer also has the other bad side, when misused, it also affects other people, companies, institutions and self.

5. Anthony Njuguna

Anthony Njuguna New Member

A computer nowadays is a must have especially for those of us who work online. Some people claim having a smartphone is as good as having a computer but I beg to disagree. Some work online jobs such as writing and research cannot be done on a Smartphone.

I remember sometimes back when I lost my laptop and had to do my work in an Internet cafe and it proved very hard as their internet connection was not that good and again the cafe was not as comfortable as working in the house. Not to mention the high expenses I had to incur.

6. jesal

jesal New Member

I use my laptop for TV shows, movies,word processing, photos, emails, and, I hate to admit, games. Works well with connector cable that goes from computer to TV, for 42 inch, HD watching.

7. benedict odhiambo

benedict odhiambo New Member

for freelance writing

8. ghalymt

ghalymt New Member

I built my first computer only for work. It was an job that required a powerful PC, so I built a custom PC with quad core CPU, I think it was Q9550 from Intel, which back then was the most powerful CPU at the market.

Today, I have a laptop and two desktops. I use these PCs for everything. I am watching movies, playing games, working, surfing the internet, and even communicating with my friends. I think no one nowadays can ignore the importance of PC in our lives and no one interacting with the outside world can live without a PC.

9. Fashitum

Fashitum New Member

Back in school as a technology student, I had to have a computer for school work purposes and since my profession is still based on using a computer, I have to have one. I use my computer mainly for research, coding and internet. Computers are also perfect for entertainment like watching videos , music and playing games which I enjoy when I want to have a good time. Computers are known to perform different tasks at the same time which makes then really handy.

10. Liza40

Liza40 New Member

As a freelance writer and a student, I use my computer mainly to surf the net and play computer games. I do this whenever I am bored or during my free time. For example, when I am done with writing most of the articles given to me by my clients, I unwind and just listen to a motivational podcast or play a great video game.
    I also surf the net to find information and get to know what is going on around the world, just from my laptop. I like the fact that it is small hence easy to fit into my bag with my books and a cardigan. I can travel with it anywhere and not get tired because it is light.

11. jayjaydimson

jayjaydimson New Member

I use my computer for my entertainment, because everything that my smartphone can do, is you can do it on your computer. I used my computer mostly for gaming, I used to play DOTA 2 a lot on my computer, and I spent 4-8 hours on playing, but now since I have my work, I have to limit my usage on my computer. For now, I am only using it to surf the internet like social media, the one social media that I am using the most is Facebook, I spent most of my time on Facebook because releases my stress. How? by watching the videos on my news feed and by watching it, it really releases my stress and leaves a smile on my face. I also use Facebook to communicate with my friends, relatives, and most of all to my loved one.

12. jeffreyjose87

jeffreyjose87 Member

I use my laptop computer for online money making activities. Before I am only using my computer for social media like Facebook, twitter, etc. But today I want to earn extra income.

13. Light

Light New Member

My main use of computer is to make income. Computers offer an opportunity to make income from the comfort of your own home. Personally i earn between $50 to $80 per month through my computer.
    People who are already employed can use their computers to make extra income in their spare time. Others who are unemployed can start their own business and be their own boss. Using a computer to work from home can also save some expenses like gas that must be paid for to travel back and forth to work. For those who don't quite know which money-making method is right for them, the computer will even assist with this issue, as you can easily use it to research and find the opportunity that you like best.

14. Mercy ndinda

Mercy ndinda New Member

Computer has become part of today life. I use my computer to do my assignments, to earn extra cash through academic writing and transcription. I play computer games when bored. I also listen to music and watch movies. Computer can be used for so many reasons.

15. Vu Duc Dung

Vu Duc Dung New Member

My PC is very useful for me. I use it for many works and purpose. Firstly, i like to study and improve Office skills for my recent job, it's good for my daily reportr. Secondly, i need a PC with the internet connection to search information whenever i want, to broaden my knowledge about everything. One more reason, i use my PC for playing games to relax after many jobs, it makes me feel better and reduces my stress.

16. Juno Jayn

Juno Jayn New Member

I mainly use my computer for schoolwork. That was the purpose I got it for originally, though I do obviously use it for other things. A lot of my work is also based on research so my computer also serves me in that way.

17. DianeScorpion

DianeScorpion New Member

I would be so lost without my desktop computer. I use it every day, mainly for my freelance writing and research, but also for social media. As I write for up to 10 hours per day, I also take time out to play games, just to give myself a break. I do have a laptop as well, but I really can't get on with it. My Kindle is just for reading, which is my favourite way to relax at the end of the day.

18. davedaot

davedaot New Member

I mainly use my computer to earn money online. It's definitely a great tool to earn money or have a job online with the comfort of just being at home. Without this computer I would be in a miserable 9-5 jobs or the so called, "Rat race." So this computer is really important and valuable to me. I also use my computer for entertainment like YouTube videos or Movies online or just Social Media and of course I use this computer for playing games online. Playing online games surely reduces stress and it's a nice way to unwind and enjoy after working so hard the entire day.

19. Lancelot

Lancelot New Member

I used my computer mainly for online jobs and sometimes playing online games. It's very good to have my own computer rather than going to Net cafe it helps me saved more money and time. I remember my first time touching a computer keyboard and I was terrified thinking that I might damage the computer if I touch it. It was so hilarious every time I remember that scenario, so I promised my self that I am going to buy a new one.

20. Chaztastic

Chaztastic New Member

I use my Acer for writing work, transcribing, gaming, social media, and paying bills. I basically use it for watching or completing tasks that would be annoying to do on my phone.