IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Funny Things Did You Say as a Child?

Discussion in 'Music' started by writerruth, Feb 27, 2017.

1. writerruth

writerruth New Member

I can remember two funny things I said to people as a child. I had no idea at the time that either of these things was even remotely amusing.

I was born in Alaska because my parents moved there from California and lived there a couple of years for my dad's job. One day, my uncle told me that I was the only blonde haired "Eskimo" in the entire world. I of course, totally believed him and felt quite proud of the "fact." (In truth, my ancestry is European, British and Scandinavian). I was sure to tell all my friends, and even some acquaintances that I was the only blonde haired "Eskimo" in the whole world and I did so in complete seriousness and with pride in my voice. Strangely enough to me at the time, only the children believed me while the adults seemed to question it.

The other thing came when I entered a friend's house when I was about eight years old. It was the first house I had ever gone inside that did not have a piano in the living room. I proceeded to look around and then very matter-of-factly ask, "Where's your piano?" My friend and his mother both replied that they didn't have one. I was dumbstruck for a moment and finally replied, "Everyone has a piano." They went on to explain that that was simply not true and that they were some of those who did not indeed have one. It still took me some time to wrap my head around it as it was my first experience with such a concept/ truth! :D