IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

WHAT IS CREATIVITY

Discussion in 'Art' started by bipin, Jan 24, 2018.

1. bipin

bipin New Member

The creativity process is the act of making new connections between old ideas or recognizing relationships between concepts. Creativity thinking is not about generating something new from a blank slate, but rather about talking what is already present and combining those bits and prices in way that has not been done previously. [​IMG]

2. gibbs

gibbs New Member

Creativity is putting your imagination to work. Imagination to me is the heart and soul of creativity. Imagination is the ability to step out of your current space to bring to mind things that aren't present to our senses.
    To be creative you have to do something, you can imagine all day long but you don't anything. It's a very practical process. So one short way of explaining creativity is applied imagination.
    It can also be defined as the process of having original ideas that have value. It's a process not an event, it's about originality and it's about making critical judgements of whether this work is any good.
    All creative processes are intermingled with value judgements and that is critically important cause you have to know which values to apply and why to what sort of work.

3. Emily Bartow

Emily Bartow New Member

People use the words creative, inventive and inspirational almost interchangeably. I myself have been guilty of doing so until I took a course recently on the topic of creativity itself. I walked away realizing there was an actual process to theses three words, one that clearly separated one from another. Because if you really think about it, inspiration leads to creativity which in turn results in inventions.

So to answer the question, (and after applying my new rule of differentiation to the topic), my definition of creativity is the ability to take whatever it is that inspires you, and use it to come up with a solution for an issue in life. It's inspirational to to flood your brain with images of tropical paradise resorts, it's creative to apply that inspiration to create a piece of art from those images. Inventive is taking that creative painting you just made, and turning it into some completely new concept.

4. AmandaMk

AmandaMk New Member

Creativity has multiple definitions one of them is the ability to take something and make it something else, another definition is to be able to be able to make something with very few objects, and the last definition I have for you that creativity is the ability to come up with a solution to an issue using something that not many people would think of.

5. aeon

aeon New Member

Creativity for me is something unusual and not the traditional things, or something new from the normal things. This one can explain as how use your imagination or original ideas to create something new but related to other people's idea. This one can apply as original things. You need the interaction from other people or let me say, their ideas also. It's a matter of experience and response or a matter of relationship to others. You need the inspiration for this. Personal creativity is not about intelligence. Creativity is also something that thinking outside the box.

6. cmoneyspinner

cmoneyspinner New Member

Creativity is all about what one sees in their mind and coming up with ways to express their thoughts inside to the people outside.

Creativity is when someone tells you that flowers don't have faces and your respond: “Mine do!”

That's what creative genius Walt Disney, as a young child, told his teacher when she (or he) was making an observation about his artwork. Imagine if Mr. Disney had allowed someone else to convince him that his imagination was wrong.

To me your creative thought process is what is unique to you and your own way of thinking of and visualizing the world you live in and the world you imagine.

[​IMG]
    Image credit: The singing flowers from Walt Disney's 1951 animated movie, "Alice in Wonderland". They sing "All In A Golden Afternoon". (Shared via Pinterest.)

Attached Files:

7. mailman7711

mailman7711 New Member

Creativity is taking what you have on hand or what you have to work with, and adding your own personal unique touch that is recognized as being different with the credibility of value in its own right. Creativity involves possessing the properties of a stand alone uniqueness when compared with similarities and differentials. Creativity is the ability to bring into reality the determinations of of one's imagination where the uniqueness is found within the origin of the thought.