IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is the most addictive yet infuriating video game you've ever played?

Discussion in 'Games' started by asim, Jul 5, 2017.

1. asim

asim New Member

This stupid game right here:

[​IMG]
    The mechanics were so stupid simple, and it’s extremely easy to pick up and play.

After the first couple of tries, you're thinking, “Damn, this isn't so hard. It's also not that fun. The hell was everyone going on about?”

Then one of your friends posts a screenshot of their new high score on your group chat:

[​IMG]
    Your best score was only 28, so now your competitive nature kicks in. If you got 28, you can certainly get 33, right?

And thus starts the endless back and forth contest.

You get so damn infuriated with that little bird, though, because you know you pressed that jump button in time.

Then you start coming up with excuses.

“Oh, my screen must have been dirty.” or “I must not be holding my phone the right way.”

It doesn't matter. The more you see that game over screen, the madder you get. So you put your phone down and try to go do something else.

But then another one of your friends post their new high score that's better than yours, and you go right back to it.

I HATED this game, but I couldn't. stop. playing it.

JonathanS likes this.
  2. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

Flappy Bird was one of those games I include on my short list of addictive yet infuriating and truly frustrating games. However, I think the one that tops the list was QWOP. It was a browser game released back in 2009 (I think). A basic running game, challenging part is you're controlling all your calves and thigh movement in order to run. Not as easy as it sounds. Despite being incredibly simple, I found myself playing this game for hours and hours at a time. Trying to continuously beat my newest record of distance. If gaming were drugs, this felt like crack, in my opinion. Fuck This Game.jpg

3. St.Kehovah

St.Kehovah New Member

I send your mention of Flappy Bird.. That game has me on edge every time I play it. My high score is currently at 99!
    There is another game called "Stick Hero". The mechanisms are just as simplistic as Flappy Birds, but the game is so frustrating! It is available for free on the Play Store. If you want an impossible game, I recommend "No Humanity". Try it out and see if you can last 15 seconds!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  4. anurag yadav

anurag yadav New Member

GTAV is the most amazing and addictive game I have played till date. I am no professional gamer, but i do have a touch and a little knowledge about games. The splinter cell series is also a great game. i would recommend playing it atleast once. Far cry series is also good but you need a lot of patience to play it. that's all for now, see you guys soon with further information.

5. Rajasilan

Rajasilan New Member

For me, it would be Zynga Poker.

The game is so addictive yet infuriating as you may lose even if you got the best pair of cards. Some say the game is rigged. But it's too addictive to let go.

You may have Pair As and the opponent would have 3 and 7. During the flop, somehow another 2 7s will appear and let the other player win. This always happens.

Infuriating level : 100%