IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite era of music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rochelle Kirkpatrick, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Rochelle Kirkpatrick

Rochelle Kirkpatrick New Member

Me i'm old school i am 60, 70, 80's type. I love the way you can get positive messages out of them. Music heals the soul and dancing keeps it alive. Now a days i can barely seek refuge in anything but old school. I can't find any positive in it anymore. Its so disrespectful and has no filter. I want that old thing back, lol!!

2. Carol

Carol New Member

I'm with you, I'm more old school when it comes to music. To me the 70s and 80s produced some of the greatest artists and songs. I like some of the music of the 90s and early 2000s, but it seemed afterwards the music industry went downhill. I couldn't tell you most of the new artists that are out today. To me it seems like most of the singers are in it for the fame instead of making music.

Rochelle Kirkpatrick likes this.
  3. fuzyon

fuzyon New Member

Probably the early '80s & '90s for me. It's sad that the music industry isn't what it used to be and it has gone downhill since then.
    I still remember seeing Michael and Queen live, which was an awesome moment in my life!

Rochelle Kirkpatrick likes this.
  4. Rochelle Kirkpatrick

Rochelle Kirkpatrick New Member

It was all so simple back then. Wow who would of thought music would of took this turn. Don't get me wrong there is some good music still left. Ed Sheeran has blown me away. and a few others. but the rest they can have.. Almost like a book burning except now it will be cds and music videos.

5. khadishacs

khadishacs New Member

I like all sorts of music but I love country music. Unlike other era of music, country music tells a story and gives u a warm feeling

6. rahman quadri

rahman quadri New Member

My personal favorite era of music would be the 90's also known as the golden era of hip-hop. They have all sorts of my favorite such as wutang to guru, big pun, tupac, and many more. This era of music was very classical and consisted of unique styles ranging with different types of flow. I loved to listen to listen to one artist and listen to the other looking for different styles. This era of music is very boring and simplistic, too many artist sound alike making me fall back on the older era.

7. GOTrules

GOTrules New Member

I can't really tell if I love the 60's or the 90's more than the other periods. The 60's were great because Rock N' Roll became really popular and was really new. It was such a big change from Blues. I love Blues, though. But The Beatles were amazing. So were The Rolling Stones. I'm a huge Bob Dylan fan as well. The 90's were also great. I love the music of the 80's and bands like Whitesnake, Van Halen, Winger, Danger Danger and so on. But the Grunge era was fantastic. I love Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, ...

8. micmariem

micmariem New Member

I am an 80's girl... and anything else in between that appeals to me. People are always surprised by the fact that I like alternative music:)... I really don't know why though....It may be hard on some peoples' ears but you might be surprised:eek: by the positive message they portray...sometimes.

9. nanachan7

nanachan7 New Member

I was born in the '90s but I really like music from the '70s or '80s. I just feel like songs from those times are more appealing. Whether it's their melody or their lyrics. I guess that's why they are called classics? :p But that doesn't mean I do not like music from the '90s. It's the music I grew up with and music that I could actually sing. :D

10. jprgbiz

jprgbiz New Member

My favorite would be the 60's. I think most of the influences that current artists have from 70's up to the 2010's are coming from this era. It was the era where most innovating and experimental artists came from. A good example would be The Beatles, David Bowie and Jimi Hendrix. The Beatles laid the foundation for pop music, David Bowie gave attitude to music and Jimi Hendrix gave rise to Hard Rock which evolved to Heavy Metal.

11. saygorem

saygorem New Member

I grew up in the mid - 90's then early 2000's. My favorite era is from the 90's where music is at its best. Michael Jackson, rnb groups, Brian Mcknight, Mariah Carey, and many more we can consider now as legends in music blossomed their career in that era. Then when early 2000 came, boybands became the trend. I always remember the Backstreet Boys. They are my ultimate boyband of all time. There is nothing better than the times when we grew up.

12. huggy212

huggy212 New Member

I was born 1991 so I can't quite remember 80's song and most of my childhood I always hear 90's song like the spice girls. For me my most favorite era of music was 20's specially the music of Maroon 5. I like those classical melodramatic songs produced during those days. I believe that music is a reflection of the current society and music nowadays proves that. Today's music is now about modern people and how liberal they are. Although today's music is still good when it comes to rhythm and tune.

In my laptop you can found mixed generations of music such as 90's 20th and 21'st century music.

13. kielrivera

kielrivera New Member

I am 21 years old and I am very into oldies songs, like 70's up to 90's songs. Not all the songs covered in that era but I liked a lot of them. Queen is one of my favorite, Freddie is just simply amazing, he can hit and low notes, he can do a lot of different styles in their songs. They almost have type of songs. Air Supply is one of my favorite also, I know all of their songs and they really awesome! I really love their love songs and I really sing their songs in Karaoke/Videoke. I am very into their songs. It always gives me goosebumps! Cranberries also one of my favorites. Zombie!

14. Kurdapia122

Kurdapia122 New Member

90s was legit, especially for its rock music. Grunge (ex: Nirvana, Pearl Jam) comes to mind first and I think was a great contribution, but, there was also a lot of good Ska (Sublime), rap-rock (Rage Against the Machine, Beastie Boys), Punk (Blink 182, Offspring), etc. Oh, and even pop rock was great (Third Eye Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish). And then there is some that I think would best be labeled alternative (Oasis, U2)

I'm sure I left some Rock sub genera's out from that era, but my point is that it was diverse and had a lot of great artists. For rock music, that seems like one of its bests eras to me.

15. silentzero07

silentzero07 New Member

My favorite era when it comes to music is the old era around 1960 to 1990 because their music is too beautiful and wonderful because when you hear their music until now you still relate about the things that has been said in the lyrics and even though we are now in the current era the old songs never faded because it brings memorable and much value to us people. If I ever compare the old era to this era, then the old era would be the best because even though their music styles seems so boring because of the slow beats unlike now, the content of their lyrics is the thing that makes it still more beautiful than the other music. Old music is one of the things that helps me with my problem, challenges, difficulties and other thingsI faced in life because sometimes listening to old musics is the only thing that you need to cheer you up and makes you realize the reality and the thing that we must do.