IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Gary Coleman, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Gary Coleman

Gary Coleman New Member

I am wondering what people consider as their cinematic ceiling. I want to know so that If I have not saw the movie, I will make way to see it. The obvious choices aside, what movies made you cry, cringe, laugh, or think?

2. NicoleSan

NicoleSan New Member

I cannot limit it to just one film. I am an avid film goer so my selections are defined by category.

As an example, Their Eyes Were Watching God is my favorite film adapted by a novel while my favorite comedy is Coming to America.

If you want to get even more specific I can categorize these options as my favorite black offerings within these respective categories. If we are discussing mainstream my favorite book to film adaptation is Twilight and comedy is There's Something About Mary.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  3. kturner

kturner New Member

I can't just limit my favorite movie to 1. I love to watch scary movies. I like all of the Saw movies, even though they are not really scary, I still love those. And all of the Final Destination movies. I also like to watch the movies on LMN. I love to curl up on the couch and watch movies with some popcorn.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  4. judyd1

judyd1 New Member

There are several movies that I could watch over and over. Click with Adam Sandler is one of them, and Groundhog Day with Bill Murray is another. Even though I know how the movie is going to end, the experience of watching the events unfold is so satisfying. I like to know that the movie is going to end the right way.

And don't get me started on TV shows--I have a couple that I've watched so many times it could be considered an obsession. What can I say? Good writing is timeless!

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  5. Knitting

Knitting New Member

My favourite film of all time is Jaws. I love that one!

If it is on tv I will watch it, even if it is on really late during the week, I will stay up to watch it, be really tired all the next day and regret it!! (This is despite the fact that I have it on DVD)

Other than that, I pretty much like any horror films. I must have watched all of the Saw films 20 times each.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  6. richme4

richme4 New Member

There are many movies that I consider a favorite. One that really stands out would be "Glory". That movie never ceases to bring a flood of emotions. When the regime is marching along the beach towards what they know is certain death, it's just awe inspiring. I could never be so brave.

7. AimlessDreamre

AimlessDreamre Member

I have so many favorite movies, it's hard to pick just one, but one that definitely stands out in my mind has to be Stand By Me. That movie is just amazing and brilliantly done. If you haven't seen that one, you should check it out sometime!

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  8. Mario Santos

Mario Santos New Member

I like so much the movie Non Stop.
    The actor Liam Neeson plays a good work sincerly

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  9. Riyandi

Riyandi New Member

If you ask about what the most movie I liked, my brother Gary Coleman, well, only one film that I can recommend, yes, you right, "The Lord Of The Ring". This is the best movie of all time. Until now I still did think, how they created this movie ...

Just look at the Oscar Awards obtained by this movie, awesome isn't it. This movie make me tears eyes on some scenes, passionate and made me understand the philosophy of life. All mixed into one in this movie. And this is my best recommendation to you, my brother. Don't waste any more time, watch this movie soon and experience the feel of a medieval age which is thrilling.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  10. dnak10

dnak10 New Member

I have so many all-time favorites that it is so hard to pick one. "Life As We Know It" is one of the movies I've watched many times. I also liked "Gone Girl", "Silver Linings', "The Vow", "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" and most movies with Adam Sandler, Rebel Wilson or Kevin Hart. I love comedies!

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  11. Olivia

Olivia New Member

My favourite movie of all time. That is a hard question. I could be cliche and say Titanic but I think I would have to say Avatar. Avatar was the first movie that was ahead of its time in terms of CGI affects. It blew my mind away and I have since struggled to recover. It has the thrill the comedy and the romance. It is a masterpiece of a film that transcends what everyone thought was possible with technology at the time.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  12. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

I believe that a movie can have a minimal favorite. But on the other hand, a series is more abject and favorable. It keeps on recurring like a thread, like comments here on this forum. My most favourite series would be the dark odyssey depicted in the likes of American Horror Story, Walking Dead especially 6 &7, Fear the Walking Dead, Z Nation and the most recent addition to the collection of HBO and AMC, West World

13. Cryptoreal

Cryptoreal Member

Recollecting my previous comment..i reminisce often, block buster movies such as Lucy, Dark Matter, the Expendables, the Terminator, and the best sci-fi movies of all time Men in Black.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  14. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

I wouldn't say I only have one favorite, but one of my favorites would be "The Temptations" with the group of singers. I love this movie it brings out different emotions laughter, sadness, and excitement. This movie is a classic and will never gets old to me. I've bought this movie on DVD, I still have the VHS too. I remember all the songs that they sing, you know when you're so familiar with a certain movie you start acting out the scenes with them as it unfolds, well that's me. I enjoy a good movie with a nice story line.

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  15. Prabhat Sharma

Prabhat Sharma New Member

My all time favourite movie was "Bajrangi Bhaijaan".

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  16. victor ndegwa

victor ndegwa New Member

i dont know why i cant seem to forget about star wars triology everytime i come across this type of question but the icing on the cake has got to be mission impossible tom cruise

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  17. Medusaz'Army

Medusaz'Army New Member

'Across The Universe' !~This is the only movie I have ever watched over and over again. The producer/director is brilliant. She created an entire movie based on all the most famous Beatles songs. She made a continuing story from the themes in these songs and the cast in the movie sang them in their own style. The only part that made me cry was the 'Let It Be' segment. Loved it.

18. victor ndegwa

victor ndegwa New Member

i think i should look for this one the way you explain it ,,it sounds beautiful

Medusaz'Army likes this.
  19. Medusaz'Army

Medusaz'Army New Member

I loved the song they sang in the boat right before the giant shark attacked it: 'Show Me the Way to Go Home'.

20. Nicci R.

Nicci R. New Member

Titanic is my favorite movie of all time. I love this movie. The acting was good. I enjoyed the special effects. One of my favorite things about Titanic is the romance between the main characters. This movie always makes me cry at the end because the lead character dies.