IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Gary Coleman, Jul 6, 2016.

1. todwyer01

todwyer01 New Member

That is truly a hard question to answer, but if I had to pick one movie that I would keep on watching no matter how many times, I would say Blazing Saddles. That movie is quite literally a gut-busting, laugh-out-loud, Hollywood spook of the Wild West. If I could choose one scene that would be what would make you want to watch it, it would be when Mel Brooks (aka the director) plays the part of the oblivious governor and is passing out paddle balls. Just watch it (Youtube if you like) and tell me you did not laugh.

2. Anas Naji

Anas Naji New Member

Aliens has a cross blend of action and horror with a range of characters in fully realised world. The world building touches on realistic politics, dystopian economics and genuine relationships.
    Visually the film is inventive with amazing mechanical designs and realistic representations of them, the Aliens are mobile frightening and... alien. The sound track is superlative and audio design unique with the pulse rifle sounds and alien screeches. The filming is unobtrusive bet always excellent.

3. mfinnie

mfinnie New Member

The movie that made the biggest impression on my life, that can cause the most emotional reactions and nostalgia, is the original Star Wars.

4. VEHNOM1

VEHNOM1 New Member

My favorite movie of all time is definitely American gangster, starring Denzel Washington. The plot of the movie is intriguing, interesting and easy to understand yet it was so unique. American gangster is the only movie I watched nine times and I still found it interesting each time. Great production, superb action.

5. Shailabh

Shailabh New Member

We watch a lot of movies but one movie is very special for us who touches our heart. There is such a movie that touches my heart and that's my all time favorite movie Rambo. Rambo is a person who always thinks of the good of others, but he remains alone. He is so brave so capable but not appreciated. Sylvester Stallone has done Rambo brilliantly as much praise as he is. Sylvester Stallone became my favorite actor after watching the Rambo movie.

6. Anne Murigi

Anne Murigi New Member

Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie. The plot of the story centers on a man by the name of Andy Dufresne, a bunker who is framed of killing his cheating wife and her lover. Other than the Lord of the Rings(1, 2, and 3), this is the only other movie I can watch over and over again and never get tired of it.

It is a movie that clearly shows how resilient humans beings can be in very difficult situations and the power of hope. It is a a fantastic movie.

7. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

Odyssey is one of my favorite. The adventure and the attitudes used in the movie. Patience and believe is what I understood in that movie.

8. Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith

Shana-Kay Barrett-Smith New Member

My favorite movie of all time is 'The Notebook'. It makes me feel loving, inspired, I believe in true love again and the power of destiny whenever I watch it.

The content/ story-line and actors are excellent in their delivery. I watch it numerously because I love it.

9. jordan

jordan New Member

My favorite movie is Insidious. I like insidious because it is a horror movie. Horror is my favorite movie genre. Insidious is produced my favorite director James Wan

10. vrenelli

vrenelli New Member

Like @Riyandi, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, of course! I watched it over and over again (probably about 40 times LOL). I have the DVD copy, I downloaded it and the minute it gets shown on TV, I watch it. It's like watching the film for the very first time every time I watch it. I love the camaraderie of the actors and seeing them now, it makes my heart melt.

Let's not forget its prequel, "The Hobbit". That makes it on my list too.

11. maryliz2017

maryliz2017 New Member

I also can not limit my favorite movie to just one. However, my top favorite two movies are the Fast and Furious movie collection and Grease. I love cars which is why I love the Fast and Furious movie collection. I love Grease because it is a feel good movie to me and a classic.

12. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

There are lots of movies to watch out there, but what about series, don't you enjoy series like game of throne, vampire's diary, Originals, the whisperers, empire, american Gods, power, Chicago Justice,Quantico, sleepy hollow, ........................o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

13. Riley12343

Riley12343 New Member

SUCKERPUNCH

14. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

As an aspiring filmmaker, it's really tough for me to pick just one movie. I'm a huge fan of Quentin Tarantino's work, and I could almost pick any one of his movies as an example for this thread. But I think I'd have to stick with Pulp Fiction. Tarantino's writing is spot on, and the pacing of the movie is great. What I think impacts me most about this film, though, is the dialogue between characters. Tarantino has a way of writing believable and entertaining dialogue, which is something I strive for when I write screenplays.

15. aman neekhra

aman neekhra New Member

My favourite movie is ZNMD( zindgi na milegi dobara). Its a bollywood film of 3 guys making a bachelor trip to spain. One thing i loved about this movie is that every one have to decide one thing to do in spain and three of them will do that thing together weather they like or not.

16. Mortemonee

Mortemonee Member

The gladiators is my favorite movie of all time

17. gisellewebber

gisellewebber New Member

I have so many favorite movies. I cant limited my self to only one. First all time favorite are Disney movies. The little mermaid just the music characters were amazing. The 1998 version of the parent trap. I could watch it a million times never get tired of it. The backup plan was so funny with Jennifer Lopez.

18. martindrox

martindrox New Member

'The Happening' must be my favorite movie of all times. Even tho Mark Wahlberg (The main character) said that the movie was terrible, it's still my favorite. The idea that wind can kill you is astonishing. The rates are not that overwhelming too, but at least the movie didn't inadvertently derailed like most other movies.

19. ujkozavlanje

ujkozavlanje New Member

I would be hard pressed, but if I had to choose, I would have to say 'Forrest Gump'. The acting was just spot on, the music is beautiful, and the special effects, even though present, are not accentuated. Tom Hanks' performance was immaculate, no wonder it landed him an Oscar for Best Actor in Leading Role! Even though I rarely tear up during a movie, the last scene with Forrest and his son, always makes me cry.

Robert Zemeckis, as we all know, seldom fails to deliver a good movie, and Forrest Gump is no exception. If I had to pick a movie to bring with me on a deserted island, I'd definetely choose this one.

20. Mohsin

Mohsin New Member