IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favorite type of exercise?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by blueleaf, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Tongxiaoxin

Tongxiaoxin New Member

Recently, I started doing calisthenics and it really suits me. I have always believed that body weight exercises are the most beneficial to anyone regardless of age or gender. It is not only convenient, free and best of all, the rate of injury is lower as compared to using weights. I focus mainly on push ups and pull ups for upper body training, squats variations for lower body training. Occasionally, I also like to do handstands just for the fun of it.

2. Twinsmommy31

Twinsmommy31 New Member

I love getting my heart rate up and sweating. This is how I know that I had a great workout. My favorite type of exercise is Crossfit. I was introduced to this in the Air Force by a physical therapist. He worked us all so hard we were sweating for days it seemed. They started having the classes at the gym and I was in workout heaven. It has always been said that a combination of weight training and cardio is the best way to get fit.

3. thefernbrah

thefernbrah New Member

I am currently in the process of getting back into shape. Back in high school I used to love going out for runs, just knowing that you could go at a faster rate than before was really satisfying to me. I started to extend my routes, add in periods of explosive sprints during my routes and try my best to go back to a normal pace rather than slow down. Now I find myself at the end of runs barely fast-walking.

4. supersash

supersash New Member

Walking is my all-time favorite form of exercise. This is the only thing that I can at least consistently do everyday. I actually maintain at least 10,000 steps a day (as per the recommendation of my OB) to keep my body healthy and active. Though sometimes I have some issues because I leave early for work and I get home quite late already (aside from the fact that I'm tired). I cannot find the right time to do my walking exercises, I just do twice my normal schedule during the weekends to make up for the lost times.

5. pandax

pandax New Member

Body weight exercises <3

6. pandax

pandax New Member

how does yoga work I want to try it out could you send me some video or something in a pm ? ^.^

7. swalia

swalia New Member

I worked out at a gym for about a year but then I had to quit due to a back injury while exercising. The physiotherapist advised me to stay away from gym for at least six months. After that, I never joined gum again. I resumed my Yoga routine. Yoga is not only an excellent exercise but it relaxes the mind too. Surya Namaskar is a complete workout in itself.

8. dayamenti

dayamenti New Member

Walking is the best exercise. Movement of whole body makes good blood circulation. Regular walking, like most aerobic activities, is good for us because cardio- vascular exercise strengthens the heart and lungs, increasing overall fitness Using the stair instead lift. In the house also we can use stair up and down 4 - 5 times in a day.

9. simpleSuspension

simpleSuspension New Member

Well, I combine powerlifting and bodybuilding. I focus on bench pressing, squatting, and deadlifting (which are powerlifting routines) to get stronger and add some isolation exercises to get the esthetic bodybuilder look since powerlifting doesn't target all your muscles the same way.
    In addition, it is fun and gets more interesting when you start noticing your gains (lifting heavier and looking better).

10. IrinaKasper

IrinaKasper New Member

I think this is the best leg workout for women. I do regularly for a month and already see results!!)

11. jakejake

jakejake New Member

Hard core lifti g is my game

12. Sahal PS

Sahal PS New Member

I enjoy pushups the most, it's my favorite. And yeah, I have done Yoga with my high school physical trainer and found that Yoga gives a lot of relief to the mind and a fresh feeling. I loved the feelings I got from Yoga. I should hit some Yoga classes soon.

I have never felt that I need to learn until I saw the movie "The Karate Kid". I have dropped karate classes because I was abroad and returned back to my nation and seeking a karate classes here. Guys, Trust me Karate is good and it will give you courage. I am going to learn both Karate and Yoga

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  13. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

My favorite type of exercise is bodybuilding. I love to have big biceps and triceps. I use to workout mostly for my arms and chest as they are the most visible dashing parts of human body. I use to spend 45 mins in the gym and i am much conscious about my diet as it is the most important factor in the bodybuilding for the desired gains. I have calculation of calories and nutrition of each food so it easy for me to know that what i have to take pre-workout and post-workout. My first priority was to gain weight as i was only 56 kg when i started the workout . So i use to eat a lot during the whole day. After a year was 72 kg and i looked totally changed.

14. Justin Johnson

Justin Johnson New Member

My favorite exercise is running. Running to me is one of the greatest exercises because you are working everything. Its good for circulation and its also good for your heart. Its not like lifting weights where to much at one time can be bad for your heart. Running is also excellent for your lungs and it helps you build stamina.

15. steviebentley

steviebentley New Member

I love to do cardio at the moment I use to weight train but I got to a point where I was just bored of lifting heavy weights, So nowadays I mainly run/cycle/row and if I can get to a swimming pool I'll also have a swim, I honestly love to just put in some earphones pump up the volume and jump on a treadmill, Such a fantastic feeling when you've finished your workout.

16. Makalai Johnson

Makalai Johnson New Member

I like strength- training. It allows you to continue to burn calories hours after you finish working out! It sheds body fat, and helps with stamina as well. I usually mix cardio in with strength training to get a good workout.

17. NoelRich

NoelRich New Member

I like riding my bike. The fact that it is a low impact exercise is great because I have bad knees and ankles. I am able to do high intensity intervals when riding which helps me burn more calories and it keeps me super toned. Being able to go sight seeing while biking makes it a really fun and exercise for me. I try to find new trails to ride on every now and then. I ride almost everyday.

18. hhhsquare35

hhhsquare35 New Member

Brisk walking is the best exercise for me. Cycling and the Treadmill also provide alertness to one's mind and body. But walking in the early morning in a park induces higher intake of Oxygen thus purifying both the mind and body. Regular walk is necessary to lose weight.

19. drig38

drig38 New Member

I think my favorite would be dragonflies and wide grip push ups. Dragonflies do a ton of work on the abs and are harder to do then crunches but it pays off. Wide grip push ups are more helpful with developing the chest and back then regular pushups.

20. iamawriter

iamawriter New Member

Yoga used to be my favourite until I met with an accident and my doctor alerted me about twists and turns that Yoga demands could be unsafe for me. However I do some breathing exercises such as Pranayam.

I walk and that is what I do every single day. I have enough space in garden that has concrete paths which makes walking easy. I also frequently walk up to the first floor of my house which again I consider to be a great form of exercise.

I do physiotherapy too specially to strengthen my knees. As one ages knees are the casualty and they need to be looked after.