IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favourite band?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sikka, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Sikka

Sikka New Member

Do you have a favourite band? Who is it? Choosing one band is pretty hard but I'm going to go with Bullet for My Valentine as my favourite.

2. nikki rose

nikki rose New Member

My favorite band is Motley Crue, Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars. One of the original hard rock hair bands, Motley Crue has been a big part of my life for over thirty years. Back in 1989, I attended the Dr. Feelgood Tour at Joe Louis Arena in downtown Detroit. That concert was insane, Tommy Lee's drum set appeared to float on tracks suspended from the ceiling through the crowd while it spun around.

While the 1989 show was epic, I have since seen the coolest band in the history of rock around twenty times. Each show was high energy, fun and creative. Motley Crue is theatrical on stage incorporating aerialists, midgets, motorcycles and bad boy antics.

3. peachpurple

peachpurple New Member

My favorite band is CN BLUE.
    It is a Indie South Korean boy band which is very popular around the Asian fans.

CN BLUE comprises of 4 members, Jung Yong Hwa ( leader ), Lee Jong Hyun ( guitarist), Kang Min Hyuk ( Drummer) and Lee Jung Shin ( Bass, Rapper).

All 4 of them are good at their own trades and they had acted in numerous of Korean dramas and movies .

Honestly, I love to listen to their music especially the ballad ones which are soothing, comforting and relaxing.

Although I do not understand Korean language, I could read the lyrics which are embedded into the music videos in Youtube.
    Hence, I could understand what they are singing about.

4. jakejake

jakejake New Member

My favorite band is sleep with sirens. Its so cool i need to hear tgem live and everyday to start my say.

5. khawer ali qureshi

khawer ali qureshi New Member

Mine favorite music band is Linkin Park. Their songs have motivational effects on individual. Their song " Points Of Authority " is one of the best song of its time and if you listen to it you will really enjoy. I like the Incubus band too. Their songs are mostly about nature and travel. Their top songs are " I Wish You Were Here " and " Warmth ". I like Eminem's rap style. Eminem was the first white person to rap. 50 cent is famous for his mix tape music and i love his songs " In The Club " and " Just A Lil Bit " .

6. atsoc.cst

atsoc.cst New Member

I used to love Coldplay but now I've kind of left it behind. I'm not really a huge fan of bands in particular and when looking for music I usually focus on artists on their own. These days I've been listening to a lot of UK-based artists, that's what I'm feeling at the moment.

Ruth likes this.
  7. Ruth

Ruth New Member

I am a fan of bands. I believe that people who sing in a band show a sign of unity and can bring a lot of change to the community. My favorite band is the elani band of Kenya

8. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

That's a tough question as I can't pick just one favorite band. I guess it depends on what sort of music binge I'm going through and the genre. Right now I'm on a huge indie/alternative kick, so my go-to groups are Glass Animals and Mutemath. Glass animals has got such a unique sound to them, and their stuff just never gets old to me. I think what adds to their unique qualities is their vocalist doesn't write lyrics to have meaning necessarily, but rather chooses words and phrases that accompany the music well. So you'll get really weird stanzas, which is awesome!

9. steviebentley

steviebentley New Member

I don't really have a favourite band as my music collection is just to big but if I really had to choose just one then I'd take Oasis, If I'm ever feeling stressed they're usually the band I'd put on the stereo and turn the volume up for.

Like I said though there really is to many to choose from.

10. kaylaball

kaylaball New Member

My favorite band would have to be Coldplay. For a long time, Maroon 5 was my favorite, but I started to realize that I only really enjoyed Adam Levine. So as a group, I would definitely choose Coldplay as my favorite; they work extremely well together and their music almost seems effortless. The Fray is not very far behind though. Their song How to Save a Life is still in my playlist today and I listen to it at least once a week!

11. avinash365

avinash365 New Member

My favourite band was Pink Floyd back in 2001.There still can be no comparison to them and their music even today.Back then, hardly anybody knew it, say maybe, Backstreet Boys or Boyzone.Here, I had got my first introduction to rock music.First, I had heard the songs "Time", and relatively new songs "Keep Talking" and "High Hopes" from The Division Bell album.I was an instant sucker for this electric melancholy.It became my habit to listen to only these people after school and just till sunset and be drowned in some seemingly profound search or sorrow according with the tunes.Of course, I came to hear a little bit of Scorpions, Deep Purple and way little bit of Metallica but I always had Pink Floyd on Winamp going.Of course, then, somehow I came to watch The Wall Movie and learnt about Roger Waters and his talent and limitations, idolized David Gilmour, loved them Nick Mason and Richard Wright for company when I was alone or moody.I never boasted or even let know anybody that I even knew Pink Floyd.I listened to them, idolized them to a point, and then, it passed on beautifully, just like the song " Coming back to life".

Now, of course, I listen to all types of music, mostly rubbish with catchy tunes which I do enjoy humming to.Thank You.

12. AnthonyB

AnthonyB New Member

My favorite band at the moment is Hiatus Kaiyote. They're an Australian-based band that make neo-soul music. I was surprised to see that all the band members were white. Just from hearing how they played, I swore they were all black. They had my respect immediately because their music was so dope. Their whole album, Choose Your Weapon, is great from start to finish. I'm still amazed at how musically in sync they are. You'd think they all share the same brain with how much chemistry they all have. They're also awesome live.

13. tata143

tata143 New Member

My favorite band ever, AIRSUPPLY!...since I was in high school, I have been addicted to their albums. I listen to it every morning, every night and even when I am sleeping. Thier music and the voice of one of the lead band singer, Russell Hitchcock is like an angel singing for me. I wanted to meet the band when they had a concert tour here in our country, but unfortunately, I was not able to meet them. It`s been 10years, but until now I`m still really hoping that I will be given a chance to meet the Band. I love Air Supply very much!

14. vashk

vashk New Member

My favorite band would have to be Maroon 5. It's not every day that you find a band dedicated to making other people's wedding's fabulous and full of so much fun. Their music happens to be out of this world and one can simply keep the feet down whenever one of their hit play on the radio or television. Besides, Adam Levine is one in a million rare gem in terms of his song writing skills.

15. Michael Soriano

Michael Soriano New Member

I have multiple favorite bands but currently I'am so inlove with The Cure, their songs are just so freaking majestic. Every song they've released is such a delight to my ears. Right now, their song entitled "Just like heaven" is playing on repeat. I just discovered this great band oh so recently thanks to the Marvel Studio's movie Ant-man, there was a scene where Ant-man was fighting the villain while inside a briefcase then a song from The Cure played. From there I researched about the band and fell in love ever since.

16. JaiGuru

JaiGuru New Member

The band I got the most out of in life has been the Grateful Dead. They were such consummate professionals, and tireless in their craft! There is an enormous body of high-quality live material out there to explore. That is made all the more interesting by the fact that they had an internal philosophy of being musical anti-authoritarians; they were so opposed to hard enforcement of musical structure that they wouldn't even play their own songs the exact same way twice. They are not a band for everybody, but if you're lucky enough to be interested in the old school Americana that they embody you will be in for a treat.

17. Kurdapia122

Kurdapia122 New Member

I really love The Arctic Monkeys. I've heard all their albums almost all of their B-sides. I love how their sound has evolved over the years and how regardless of the changes they manage to make amazing music. They'll never reach the likes of The Beatles or Pink Floyd but they will always be my favorite band!

18. joe hue

joe hue New Member

My favorite band so far is Pink Floyd, they have taken rock music to another level, that of progressive rock. a genre which was presumably taken over by Punk Rock, and all I know is Punk Rock is dead while Progressive Rock lives on to inspire a whole generation of musicians.
    When I first heard Pink Floyd I didn't get what's that 20 minutes tracks all about, and those unconventional composition methods they were using, but I know there was something there, later on I had discovered that this was their experimental era, and there are other albums, like "The Dark Side of the Moon" or "The Wall", albums that can be appreciated by anyone, not just musical geeks.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  19. bc007

bc007 New Member

My favorite band is Iron Maiden, I think it's the most popular band who come from the United Kingdom, the most convincing so far and my favorite singer Bruce Dickinson has a wonderful voice.
    Listen to this band since I was fifteen and today my favorite song is The Trooper and Halloved be the name.Very good instrumental and very good sound.

20. SydGhan

SydGhan New Member

My favorite band is Slipknot. While I love all styles of music, this 9-piece shock metal outfit from Iowa has a sound and vibe that no other act has ever been able to capture. Every record from them sounds visceral and alive. "Surfacing" from their debut record is a prime example of how to do more with less, musically speaking. The guitar riff doesn't change throughout the duration of the song, allowing the transitions to be informed instead by the changing drum and vocal licks. Corey Taylor is one of modern rocks most intelligent poets and strongest singers. Truly a legendary group.