IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favourite tv series?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Angelah, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Angelah

Angelah New Member

My favourite television series has to be Empire.I love music and that is the main reason i love Empire so much.Empire is full of drama and suspence and to top it all it has so many stars.Some of the stars are top musicians.

2. Anupama

Anupama New Member

I don't watch TV Serials. In India all the TV serials have the same theme. It tends to get boring. So I prefer to do something else during that time. I would love to watch a serial that has a good story, and which does not deviate from the main theme.

aman neekhra likes this.
  3. Kalyani Nandurkar

Kalyani Nandurkar New Member

My favorite TV show is Friends, the bunch of funny friends who are always trying to pull each others' legs, laughing at each other and being there always when they are needed, is the best!

Apart from Friends, other shows that I love to watch are The Big Bang Theory - quite similar to a group of 6 friends who are all nerdy and scientists of some sort except for the level-headed Penny, a waitress and an aspiring actress who is the only one in the group with common sense.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. UmiNoor

UmiNoor New Member

I've always loved to watch mystery, horror and investigative television shows. As such, there are several television shows that I frequently watch which include Supernatural, Bones, Criminal Minds, Major Crimes, Motive and Law & Order:SVU. I don't really have a favorite.

I don't really like to watch musicals whether they be movies or television shows. I have no idea what the television show Empire is about. I thought that it's a mob show and have no idea that it's a musical. Is it like Glee?

CJI1003 and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  5. Kalyani Nandurkar

Kalyani Nandurkar New Member

Hello UmiNoor, I watch Criminal Minds occasionally and enjoy it. The others you mentioned, I haven't seen except for a couple of episodes of Supernatural, which I did not like much. I like the supernatural element and the various kinds of monsters such succubus, incubus etc. in it, but it has too much blood and gore in it

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  6. UmiNoor

UmiNoor New Member

Oh yes, Supernatural used to scare the hell out of me. Season 1 was especially scary but later seasons are funnier and not as scary. In fact, it's becoming more soapy than I like it to be.

7. rodrigomenezes

rodrigomenezes New Member

My favorite TV Series has got to be How I met your Mother. During its nine seasons the humor was always there and on point. I always had fun watching it and it was a show that I could watch with my parents! That is very nice.

My other favorites, I guess they would be Friends, House of Cards and Death Note. They are very fun and interesting as well.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  8. Gemini8787

Gemini8787 New Member

I really like The Walking Dead, even though it is extremely graphic. It is not the gore aspect, however, that keeps me watching. I find the story line to be highly amusing because it really makes you think about what would happen if there was a zombie apocalypse or mass disaster. I think the show portrays the way people would really act very well. People would probably form groups, have conflicts, fight over resources, and in a sense, regress back to more primitive ways of survival.

9. Robert Anderson

Robert Anderson New Member

We watch a lot of comedy because laughter is a good distraction from things. Netflix is what we use to watch tv shows. It is g reat to be able to watch a show in order and at your convenience. We watch a variety of shows to avoid being bored. We are currently watching Angel again and Futurama some Family Guy and American Dad to name a few.

10. alwaysthewriter

alwaysthewriter New Member

I couldn't name just one, I have so many favourites: Frasier; West Wing; The Goldbergs; Walking Dead; Deadliest Catch; Blue Bloods; Sons of Anarchy; The Affair. There is so much good, intelligent television around!

I remember discovering True Blood last year (I came pretty late to the party) and spending six weeks watching the entire series, back to back, and nothing else. Good times! I did much the same when I came across Gray's Anatomy - watching 11 series' in a matter of weeks, too. My social life took a bit of a dive but at least I was saving money! Has anyone else ever done that?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  11. popcorncake

popcorncake New Member

I have many favorites regarding TV series and shows. Sometimes it chances when time goes by and sometimes I find new series that I like more than the old ones. However, one of my all time favorites is Hollywood heights. I love the way they have created a lovely story about music and relationships with little money. Some people say that it's badly done but I don't think so. Also it's a show that I can watch over and over again without getting bored, so that's a big plus.

12. iamgroot76

iamgroot76 New Member

My favorite TV show is Man vs Wild. I like this show very much. I never forgot to watch this TV show.
    Other my favorite TV shows are:
    1. Big Brother
    2. American Idol
    3. Family Guy.

13. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

Weeds, I know it's old now and has been over for quite some time, but I still really like the story and the characters.

14. gambrix

gambrix New Member

My favorite tv shows are Devious Maids and Desperate Housewives, since they combine a mix of drama, comedy and suspense in each episode. Desperate Housewives has just ended, but Devious Maids is still running. Both shows have the same creator, so no wonder I liked them both.

15. Hilary

Hilary New Member

My favorite tv series right now is Grey's Anatomy! I love how the series picks up right where it left off last season. My husband is also very interested in the show and the drama that it holds.

16. Masterio

Masterio New Member

My favorite TV series is Breaking Bad and I miss it every day. I wonder what Jessi Pinkman must have been doing after Walter White's death. My thoughts want me to write the Season 6. I wish I can.

17. Milliontrackmind

Milliontrackmind New Member

By far, my favorite show of all time is I Love Lucy. I have been watching it for over 25 years now, practically my whole life. I can honestly say that this is the only show I've ever watched that doesn't have one episode I don't like. My top episodes are the episode when Lucy finds out she is pregnant and the episode when she has the baby. I also loved the episode in which Lucy got to dance with Van Johnson.

18. trenee

trenee New Member

My new favorite show is Power. I binged watched the first two seasons in 2 weeks. The star, Omari Hardwick is from my hometown, Savannah, GA. It is a show filled with suspense and it keeps you guessing on every episode.

19. jb1rd78

jb1rd78 New Member

I don't think I could pick just one series. I like Supernatural, Blacklist, Blindspot, and Ancient Aliens to name a few. I tend to have an interest in a few different genres. I like the suspense and mystery that Blacklist and Blindspot bring to the table. Supernatural, to me, is pure entertainment whereas Ancient Aliens provokes deep thought. I don't necessarily buy into every theory that Ancient Aliens boasts, but some things do make me scratch my head and pose some questions.

20. PnkyBrewster

PnkyBrewster New Member

I loved watching I love Lucy when I was a kid. My nanny would watch all the time and I got hooked on it with her.

fredhamdy and Krissttina Isobe like this.