IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your favourite tv series?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Angelah, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Felipe

Felipe New Member

I'm loving stranger things. I love the 80's feeling it has.
    But. Well if i have to pick one all times favorite than it would be Carnivale from HBO , i still can't believe that it was cancelled. Such storytelling , such performance , everything was so perfect. Good vs evil was never this interesting.

2. bsa

bsa New Member

I feel the same way. I watch a lot of comedy as well. Life is so serious, I want to laugh when I watch TV. I also watch 'American Dad' and 'Family Guy'. 'The Big Bang Theory' is my favorite to watch during the day. The sense of humor on there never gets old and Sheldon's my favorite.

Never heard of 'Angel Again' but it sounds interesting.

3. CJI1003

CJI1003 New Member

I agree with UmiNoor, you have great taste in TV series!! That is exactly what I was going to say. I love programmes that have an underlying story but is a different show each week, Bones and Supernatural to name just two that fit the perfect bill. I also love Gilmore Girls (not too sure about A Year in the Life) but the main series was excellent, it has me laughing and crying in all the right places.

4. Den Denoh

Den Denoh New Member

My favourite has got to be Game of Thrones. I got to hear about it through a friend about a year ago. I have watched all the episodes religiously and i find the story line soo intresting. The cast involved is soo talented that i could not think of any of them being replaced. Seven seasons of nothing but pure niceness!

Many of my mates complain of not being able to have managed past season one. I always laugh and wonder how on earth that happened. They say that the death of Lord Stark did little to encourage their curiousness to want to know what happened next. My goodness if you only watched the whole of it.

Besides, the ladies in there are hot, Daenerys, Cersei not to mention Arya Stark. The story line is soo wide enabling a lot of themes to be captured. The writers are soo creative to have managed to pull of all that Game of Thrones is made of. Even as i wait for the final season with baited breath, am excited because i know, scratch that, am sure that the epic twists and turns, humour and drama are about to get even better than the previous seasons.

If you haven't watched it upto now, you better because you are missing out on something awesome, exhilarating even. Good news is, each episode is atleast 50 minutes each. Enjoy!

5. ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR

ESTEBAN R. GRAFIL JR New Member

My favorite TV series is the X factor because you can witness different talents from all over the world. The talents here are amazing and fantastic. Another thing is that their skills are exceptional, you can feel an excitement while watching the TV series. There are always new talents and contenders every week.

I can't really believe that X factor find such unique talent that I can't imagine that really exist. If you watch this TV series you would probably be amazed and be excited.

6. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

Without a doubt television series are my best form of movies and the particular one which happens to be my favorite was the first ever television series movie that I watched known as "Prison Break". I watched this movie when I was in the university, if I'm not mistaken. It was during my 200 level. Prison break television series absolutely gave me sleepless night until I completed watching it.

Back then, I haven't started downloading television series movies online. In fact, I wasn't using android phone at the time, I think it was one Java phone that I was making use of. Mostly, I rely on buying the movie in CD plate from the first season till the last season. Although, there wasn't constant electricity but I always make due with it whenever it comes, as well as my generator when I have money to fuel it.

At first, I didn't actually understand how television series works. I was thinking probably it's going to be a movie of 2 to 4 hours tops, but then the movie refused to finish without continous unending episodes. That was when I started to understand that it's a whole different kind of movie compared to what have been watching before. It's by then that I relaxed and started enjoying my movie to full satisfaction.

I still cannot forget the character of Michael Scofield and Theodore Bagwell, they are both my favorite actors in the movie. The brain of Michael Scofield is worth having at any cost, although it was just a story line written by the author of the movie but it was constructively written and acted to pure perfection by each and every one of the characters in the play. As much as Theodore Bagwell is a son of b**ch in the movie, his personality and sinister disposition got me loving him so much. I love evil minded people though (lol).

The scene about Bagwell that I love so much was during one of their escape exploits while still at Fox River prison, and he was caught in a jam by being cuffed and about to get caught by the security guards. He had the tough and strong mind to cut off his arm just to avoid being caught. This was one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

7. kenshie87

kenshie87 New Member

I like survival series, like Prisonbreak, I like the twists of the series due to its pre-analysis on how to escape on that prison area and yet the circumstances doesn't favor them all the time, the actor still manages to how to analyze the situation at the very moment and still cope up and get out of the cage. Also the Walking Dead, the character development, and the bond between all of them, yes, I know not all of them will manage to survive, but as the group advances, they will meet new friends and foes. I recommend everyone to watch these series. :)

8. sweetiepie8509

sweetiepie8509 New Member

I love watching that 70s show and full house even with the reruns it just never gets old at all even love watching friends and Roseanne I guess i like a lot of tv shows

9. Bill7221

Bill7221 New Member

My favourite TV series is Nikita. It is without a doubt the best series I have ever watched. I love the thrilling actions brought out in it. Am still watching and I admire all the characters in it including the villains.

10. Paul

Paul New Member

I love watching comedies. Baby Daddy is especially my favourite. The humour and mystery keeps me entertained every time I watch it. I wouldn't mind repeating it over and over again.
    I also love The Flash. The suspense it leaves makes me want more. It is so full of mystery, humour and romance. Although its 100% fiction, I just love it.

11. hirpatel

hirpatel New Member

My favourite TV Series is Teen Wolf.This fantasy and horror fiction show has won my heart.I am just in love with this series and could watch it over and over again.The creator of the show has chosen the best character for their various roles, making it interesting.Wish it had been more than just six seasons.Love the Teen Wolf family.

12. jesal

jesal New Member

I loved to watch "dark matters-twisted but true" on discovery science.

I liked this show because it had everything from the deep evil secrets of some scientists and their inventions to the story of "typhoid Mary" and the "suicide song". Other series I like are Friends, teen wolves and bigg boss.

13. Efrah Ismael

Efrah Ismael New Member

I have a lot of favourite TV shows but Hawaii 5-o is what comes to mind at the moment. I'm usually not a fan of movies with a lot of action but Hawaii 5-o is one of the exceptions. I just adore the bromance between Danny and Steve.

14. sansa

sansa New Member

My favorite TV series are Friends, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Suits, Stranger Things, and How To Get Away With Murder. Yes, I have lots of favorites I love watching American TV series. It helps me to relax when I'm stressed. I'm so addicted to those I've mentioned. Different genres of series wouldn't get you bored so I'm very particular with the story line. I love those stories that are unique and have appealing characters. Characters are very important because it would get people attention to watch the series. If the characters are boring most probably they will lose interest on watching the show.

My most favorite TV series of all time is Friends. It's a comedy sitcom about six people; they're friends living independently in New York. I love all the characters. It has a different variety of characters so you wouldn't get bored because they're all funny. The story line was fantastic, each characters has the moment to shine. There were neither villains nor main role because the six of them are the main characters of the story. There were times that I've watched the series over and over again because they're really funny. When I watched the series I almost forgot the bad things that happened to me I was kind of laughing the whole day and not to think of my problems. It was sort of stress reliever watching the show.

I hope you guys find the time to watch Friends. It's really highly recommended. It won many awards like Emmy Awards and Globe Awards. It means the show is really worth watching. If you just want to laugh and forget all of your problems just even in a day please do watch Friends. You're not going to regret it. Enjoy watching guys!

15. Allan Cribz

Allan Cribz New Member

For me it has to be Game of Thrones. Maybe its my obsession with fantasies but I believe that this is a must watch Tv show for anyone.

I have been rewatching each episode since season 1 especially during the waiting period for the next season.
    However it's sad that we will have to wait till 2019 for season 8.

16. john kimani

john kimani New Member

The Punisher definitely is the best tv series I have been following, the Netflix and Marvel production is such a captivating piece of artwork to anyone who loves a pure action series. The fact that Franck Castle is the main character with the traits of a formidable individual who is not immune to death but very lucky not to be dead in so many occasion leaves you with the urge to know what would follow next.Micro is another amazing character that I love watching.

This until now has remained to be favourite tv series.

17. kaydee

kaydee New Member

My favorite series of all time is If loving you is wrong. I just love the drama, betrayal, suspense and romance. Also they relate with our everyday life and teaches us how to handle relationships. For instance the neighbours come from very different backgrounds, raising children, dealing with exes, worrying about money and keeping romance in their relationships.

18. Eugine Odendo

Eugine Odendo New Member

My favourite TV series is the big bang theory,it is a comedy and I really get entertained by the actors in it.Farthermore, it talks about four friends who believe that they are the best in science.

19. DingDong

DingDong New Member

My favorite TV series is "Grey's Anatomy". I'm amazed by this show. It's the first one I've seen to keep my attention well into the 10th season.

In the past I was a fan of "Desperate Housewives", "House M.D." and "Lost" but neither of them kept going on for 14 seasons like Grey's Anatomy and there's a reason for that. Every TV series I've watched usually starts with a bang only to disappoint 3-4 seasons after when the script gets old and the characters become boring. Not the case with the Anatomy.

The story line is great and keeps you want to watch more and more. My only critique would be that the main characters sleep around with each other more than it is acceptable. I don't think there's anyone left who hasn't slept with at least 3 other characters in the show. LOL

20. Rotson

Rotson New Member

I have to say that my favourite tv show is vikings. The camera quality is great and the action is breathtaking. It also explains the viking culture really well