IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your own philosophy in life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cupcake20, Apr 19, 2015.

1. cupcake20

cupcake20 New Member

I do believe that we all have our own philosophies in life. We need something to believe in, something that will guide us in our daily living, something to will help us think rationally and many more reasons. What is your personal philosophy on life then? For me, one of my treasured philosophy is life is that, " If you really want to succeed then you need to believe in what you do and choose the thing that makes you happy". There is no definite formula or steps to succeed,but the first step is believing things you have dreamed about will soon come true.

Toni447 and Jalal Almadfai like this.
  2. thisnthat

thisnthat New Member

That sounds like a good philosophy to me. I've never been very good at trying to do something I don't believe in, so I don't do it. I also think that doing something you love makes it feel a lot less like work.

I think treating others the way we want to be treated is also an important philosophy. Many of us were taught the Golden Rule as children, but sometimes it’s not so simple to practice it in everyday life. I do think it’s important that we try.

Toni447 likes this.
  3. Jalal Almadfai

Jalal Almadfai New Member

My philosophy in life isn't about God, about the universe, about statues or holly cows; but in kindness. I believe in doing and being good to people as it gives me a sense of inner peace. I'm not saying I do not believe in God, don't get me wrong, I do; but in a different way. I don't think there should be differences in religions, or faith or what so ever. But I believe that by doing good, later in life the good is going to come back to me, if not... well, I won't regret it knowing that I have helped someone. If the person next to me is fine, then I am fine, if the person is happy, then I will be happy. It's not always about me, but about the people in my life. Because if I manage to make anyone feel good, I will feel good in return, as they will be better with a bit of smack around the head "Good talk, right on points". They will act different, they will start smiling, they will start becoming real friends that are like family. I don't like being around moody people who have attitude problems, bad behavior or always complain. It disturbs me seeing people like that, it changes my attitude, my behavior, my mood; makes me angry. I believe that helping the persons next to me become better, I will be better. Because it is proven that we act exactly like the people we hang with. Do not always leave your friends if they have bad temper or something, try showing them how they can be happy, try helping them first, if that doesn't work, then you can leave. About religion... I'm a Muslim, which eats pork, drinks 'till he can't remembers and does all the bad things that are prohibited in his religion. But being faithful or being good doesn't always have to mean "Respect the rules". Sometimes you can't just live by the rules, it will be too boring, too sad. We might have to bend the rules a little in order to be able to live the life to it's maximum potential. Or do you just want to survive life and live like a robot "Not allowed to go into water because it will burn my circuits"? Well, the little sins we do by bending the rules, are overwrote by the great deeds you do every single day in life. Even if it's just giving your pet some water or feeding the birds, even if it's just helping some old lady cross the road, or making someone smile, even if it's just something good. Toss a coin into the fountain, make a wish. Watch as a homeless man picks it up and smile; because even if your wish did not come true, at least someone was a little bit happier and "Karma is a bitch" it always comes around. Good requires good, but sometimes good requires bad; just try making the right choices.

acoloradogirl likes this.
  4. fritzyfrea

fritzyfrea New Member

"I have a lot to learn," this is my philosophy. If we constantly try to understand ourselves, we will accept the fact that there is so much that we have to learn and so much that we can learn. Just as others can learn from us, so can we learn from others. As we listen to other people's views, we take part in their hopes and dreams and ask about their beliefs and opinions, we add more to our knowledge and wisdom.

5. jillyan10

jillyan10 New Member

Buddy, this is really a nice question. I do agree that everyone has philosophy in life that we all follow and stand by day by day. My philosophy in life is that," You won't realize your dreams and goals in life unless you really give everything you have in order to make things happen". My philosophy in life only means that if we have goals in life that we want to make into our reality then we should be decided to give everything that we can give or sacrifice things in order to succeed in what we aim for.

6. OliverJason

OliverJason New Member

"It is God alone" this became my philosophy after I accepted the Lord God Jesus Christ in my life on the year 2012, September 17. My perspective in life changed 160 degrees, after I had fully surrendered and dedicated my life to my Creator, I was once a philosophical man who seeks proof first before I could believe it, my life before was all about facts until the turning point of my life came. The thing that I called "truth' before were just "lies". What matters most to me right now in life are things that has eternal values, like love, joy, peace salvation and Christ Jesus. At the end
    of our journey there will be an eternity, and all of us will face it! None of us can avoid it—it is inevitable.

Come to think with me? If there is no eternity, if there is no such thing as God, then what is the use of living here today if in the end of our lives everything will just be useless? Without God, everything will be permissible.

7. fmseee

fmseee New Member

"Life is about perspective." I've thought out many things on what's the main definition of life and it boiled down to that line. It depends who you ask, they'll have their own version of life since they lived life differently from you and they've experienced stuff different from you. And life will always definitely be about perspective because it will be up to you how you see it, if the glass is half empty or half full.

Toni447 likes this.
  8. Jorge Depriest

Jorge Depriest New Member

To be happy. That does not mean I am only aiming on my sole happiness. I believe every being deserves to be happy with the life he/she is living. When the time comes where one's happiness is attained at the expense of another's happiness, that now becomes the limit. So to be more clear, My philosophy would be for everyone to deserve happiness that extends only up to the line where no one gets crossed.

9. Freedom Writer

Freedom Writer New Member

Not to be kind but to be good, this is my own philosophy in life. Goodness is something different from kindness. The destiny of every human is to be good, for that is the plan of God for us. The most logical way of explanation for this is the train and the railroad. Likewise, the destiny of the train is for the railroad. The train will definitely not move on a highway. It should be ridden on the railroad because that is its destiny.

That is also the same with human for good works. We should be good, for we are His workmanship. Every part of our body was created for good works. Our hands can do crafts; it can do good works... but with your bare hands, you cannot kill. That is the point! Your hands were not fashioned for you to kill, even to do bad things. It was created and prepared by God for you to do good works. The whole structure of a man was created for good works.

10. jonesfred823

jonesfred823 New Member

I think people really want something to believe in. They want to work on a cause or something bigger than themselves. A philosophy is what gets you going, that's how you see life.

I agree with you on your philosophy that one should be happy with what they're doing to succeed. Isn't it sad that some people have philosophies in life that make them unhappy or in simpler terms, they just don't see life as happy as others see it?

11. Sergio Louro

Sergio Louro New Member

My philosophy of life and what I recommend:
    I love life.
    I believe in the power within each of us.
    Life is only worth when we take risks.
    Do not be one of the boys. Make the difference.
    Not the passenger. Be the crew. Fly the aircraft.
    Whenever you can say something nice to someone.
    If you can not say something good to someone, do not say anything.
    Always want a good day's heart. Spend a good energy. Vibrate!
    Believe more in people.
    Believe in your ability. You're stronger than you actually think.
    Always appreciate the solution and not the problem.
    Never say "it can not do."
    There is always a better way to do what is being done.
    Ethics and transparency are obligations.
    Be spontaneous. Be yourself. Do not try to be what it is not.
    When someone needs you, help him without expecting anything in return.
    Put passion in their work.
    Nothing replaces knowledge combined with wisdom.
    Has attitude and initiative.
    The world is full of opportunities. Look around.
    Face your fears. Do not hide behind them.
    Take responsibility for the consequences of their actions. So you eliminate the ghosts of life.
    Have goals in life.
    When you want to do something for you, just do it! Do not rely on others.
    Their mistakes bring learning.
    Better a short and intense than a long, mediocre life.
    Love is attitude. Just want. Love!
    You'll never know enough. Always have something to learn. Be humble.
    Do not be arrogant. We need each other to live better. You will die like everyone else.
    Never say "this will not drink water." Nothing like a day after another.
    If you have to ask for something, just ask health and wisdom.
    Do not complain of his life.
    If you are not better in life it's your fault. Do not blame others.
    You own your destination.
    You always reap what you sow.
    Be ready to start over.
    If it did not work try again.
    If you get any lift up the head. Move on.
    Beware of very radical positions. Behind may have a problem.
    Remember! Life is worth it.

12. acoloradogirl

acoloradogirl New Member

I believe that we are all part of one whole! Everyone and everything is made of energy, and together we are all comprised of this energy. We separate into individual energy in order to experience ourselves and to love and be loved. Serving ourselves and each other in love is the object of our inhabitation of our human bodies and of this planet we call Earth.

I drew these conclusions from a Near Death Experience that I had when giving birth to my son. I had been given an injection in my spine, and it was given too high up. I remember hearing the attending nurse say "32 over 12! We are losing her". I felt a tingly feeling in my hands and my feet, then next thing I knew I was up above my body close to the ceiling. Multiple doctors came rushing into the room and they placed an oxygen mask over my face. I remember looking down and feeling at peace, yet it took me a moment to realize that this person on the bed was me! I "heard" in thoughts that I had to go back and raise my son and my daughter (who was 20 months at the time). I didn't want to go back, yet I felt that I had to be there for my kids. Next thing I remember was waking up back inside my earthly body.

13. Judy Mae

Judy Mae New Member

That is really wonderful philosophy in life and I agree on what you have stated that we should believe in our goals and dreams and we will surely arrive there in due time. Personally, I have been living every day also with my own philosophies and hoping it will make me a better person and help me make my dreams into reality. One of my philosophies in life is that if we put our heart into something then we will reach a place that we have never imagined to gained before.

14. Toni447

Toni447 New Member

Wow; that so true. Perspective is so very key in life. Focusing on what you do have and appreciating it, along with the people who help to make a positive difference in your life is also key. Most importantly, being the positive difference in the lives of others, is also something that I like to focus on.

Also, taking the steps to achieve one's aspirations and goals, instead of putting them on the "back-burner" is also a good thing, I'd like to do (consistantly) on a regular basis.

15. stefan

stefan New Member

My philosophy in life is to live in the now and to trust in God. Did you watch a cool movie called " The Secret"? Anyways, it is a movie with very important principles. The law of Attraction is one of those principles and is probably the most important one. Basically, the Law of Attraction, states that you attract situations or things in your life from your thoughts. Obviously, it goes deeper and into more detail, but that is the basis of it. Once, you realize how important controlling your thoughts actually is, you will always start seeing your life in such a clearer view. There are so many people that bring them selves down with negative self-talk, it something that should never happen.

WhyWeaver likes this.
  16. bc22o15go

bc22o15go New Member

Life is short,very short.Do the things you like, and love.Tell those whom you love"I love you" often.Tommorrow
    isn't promised.Learn all you can about a lot of things,so you can be well rounded.Love and respect others,but
    do the same whenever it comes to you.Have fun and enjoy the ride.

17. Daniel Nabil

Daniel Nabil New Member

My philosophy and perspective in life,is to always be who I am and to never change myself for other people.For example,my goal in life is to be a professional musician,so I am currently majoring in music right now.My parents have always laughed at me when they knew that I want to make a career from music.They supported me in the end,but they are still not quite happy.I didn't change myself for them,life is too short to live someone else's life,so i took my decision and didn't look behind.Soon,I will make them proud and also make them regret refusing the futur that i have planned for myself.

18. Chhanda

Chhanda New Member

Oh! Is it true that everyone has a certain philosophy in life?

Well, then my philosophy is not to stick to a certain philosophy, as this keeps on changing with time and experiences of life.

As a child grows into a teen and a teen into a man, the situation and the circumstances of his life change. Each and every incident, be it a small or a big one, teaches some lessons. A few are positive while many of them are negative. The inputs of these occurrences build up certain concept. Then a new philosophy replaces the old one, and thus the life moves on.

19. CloClo

CloClo New Member

I have a very simple philosophy about life. My philosophy is to just smile no matter what! It's a simple message with a big meaning.

In life, we won't always be in control. Things will not always go our way. People will let us down. We may be under tremendous amounts of stress. One thing that we can always be in control of, is simply smiling!

There is a lot of power in a smile. The next time you're feeling sad or overwhelmed, just smile. Yes, I know that it sounds weird. Studies have shown that smiling when you're stressed helps lower the body's stress response. It's actually healthy to fake a smile if you have to!

20. WhyWeaver

WhyWeaver New Member

As I grow older, acquiring wisdom in understanding truth. That's the philosophy I've learned from the old sage Micah's wisdom: "He has shown you, O man, what is good. What does Yahweh require of you, but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"

To live in peace with and love of truth, for it passes all understanding what God has been showing us all the time.