IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your own philosophy in life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cupcake20, Apr 19, 2015.

1. p4lse

p4lse New Member

My philosophy is to keep smiling and look at life in a positive manner. To keep my friends and family happy and live a prosperous life. I believe that everyone of us have a purpose in life and we should spend time fulfilling it.

HappyHeart and liyut saja like this.
  2. liyut saja

liyut saja New Member

My philosophy just simple, follow the stream but do not drift.
    Like water but not too liquid, such as ice but not too frozen.

3. HappyHeart

HappyHeart New Member

Every day is a new day. It took me over 30 years to realize that getting stuck in the past hurts me the most. Raised as a mennonite when I was a child I was somewhat programed to obey a religion that had me scared always that I was going to hell. The need for me to be almost perfect was so deeply rooted in me it took a few years to be ok with just making a mistake. Anne's teacher in the forever loved movie "Anne of Green Gables" said 'Today is a new day, with no mistakes in it " This is now my philosophy in life! No, I don't live making mistakes but I'm no longer too afraid to try. xo

KenBrace likes this.
  4. Jude

Jude New Member

My own philosophy it's very simple: collect happy moments.
    No one is always happy, but we can do, everyday, activities and other things that we really like and makes us happy.
    I think, sometimes, people are so focused in their problems and negative things that completely forget the simple and happy moments...

5. beyasuncion

beyasuncion New Member

"Do no harm, but take no sh*t" is the only mantra I live by. I believe that I can do whatever I want with my life so long as my happiness doesn't infringe on the freedom or happiness of other people. At the same time however, I would not let anyone else trample on my right to be happy.

6. Prajwal

Prajwal New Member

My philosophy in life is to be accountable to myself first before obeying someone else blindly. For me, money takes second priority. I would better earn lesser amount doing something that I love to do rather than earning more doing what I don't like. At the end of the day it is YOU whom you have to satisfy, not anybody else.

7. Nkululeko Dlamini

Nkululeko Dlamini New Member

I always say that we all come from somewhere ,cannot just exist,everything has to be created to exist.Someone created earth,people,plants and animals.I believe that we all have one God but due to the fact that everyone has a unique way of perceiving things in this world,we have interpreted this in a lot of different ways which is why we have so many different Gods.I believe that there is a God but he is not what we think he is and if he really exists then I'm pretty sure that he has a villain(Satan).

8. DannyRiott

DannyRiott New Member

I grew up in a home where we had all kinds of philosophies around. Almost each member of my family used to have a different philosophy so that's how I got to explore from Christianity to Taoism. While I understand that many of us in the western world want to have absolute and final answers for the most vital questions, with time I learned that to actually live peacefully with one another we have to respect each other’s thoughts. Many times, while exploring Christianity, pastors preached to us that imposing our belief system to others under the "Everyone has to get to know Jesus for salvation" idea was worthy. As I grew up I discovered that although many people have the best intentions with this doctrine, some others really want an economical benefit out of it. Also, the idea of excluding someone because of their sexual or religious preference based on a quite an old Biblical interpretation is simply denying a higher principle that lies in the heart of Christianity: "Love God over all things and love your neighbors as you would yourself". So my philosophy has been shaped by these experiences and while I still consider myself a Christian I'm open to other ideas and accept the fact that many people who live in different cultures have diverse upbringings, which gives us no right to judge. In some of these different cultures "being absolutely right" isn't the most important thing to look out for but actually enjoying life as the great miracle it already is.

9. Kayte48

Kayte48 New Member

I've lived a troublesome 47 years, been through a number of things that have made me weak. But through all these things I have grown in strength, humility and resolve. My philosophy on life cannot be defined in such a short space. But two things come to mind. One is that treat others as you wish to be treated. No good has ever come to a person who ill treats others. Several sayings such as "you reap what you sow" and "do unto others as they would do unto you" are first and foremost in my life. Secondly, tomorrow is not guaranteed, so it is important that your days are filled with the things that make you happy. You need to find happiness in every day, even the smallest thing that brings a smile to your day. It can be seeing the cat chase a bug; your child making you a hot drink; watching a funny tv program; or just savouring the taste of a piece of chocolate. Small things.

10. Mwazaule

Mwazaule New Member

What is your own phylosophy in life? I love this question. What drives me what makes me wake up everyday and do things I do.
    According to me the best phylosophy is that which says that man is governed by two forces; sex and death. Look at everything we do it to avoid death or for our children.
    Everybody who works everyday talks about my children or the day I die.

11. Indi5k

Indi5k New Member

I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the first post on this form. Simply put people need something to believe in. I don't care if you're Catholic, Christian, Muslim, . Most human beings believe in something or some type of principle. Hell even atheists believe in not believing lol. Truly I don't know which one is right or which one is wrong. None of us know in my opinion will find out when it's over and too late. I do know this though, if you live righteously meaning live in a stand up type of way you should be fine. But what do I know I'm just a regular human being looking for something to believe in.

12. terryse2015

terryse2015 New Member

Your success in life largely depends on your ability to move on despite hardships and trials. Meet life head-on and keep a laser focus on your ambitions and goals in life. Embrace unexpected events in your life no matter how bad it might seem. Tell yourself that there is always tomorrow. Tomorrow will come and you can resume your march towards success.

13. JohnClicker

JohnClicker New Member

My philosophy, work work work to win money and enjoy lux!! Eheh. No really, enjoy life to the fullest and as the song goes just live a life worth remember.

14. CreoleQueen777

CreoleQueen777 New Member

My philosophy is pretty simple, It's more like a Motto that I say to myself when times get hard. " I refuse to give to give up, I may not win the battle, But I will not stop until I've won the war." Meaning life's gives us challenges and It's up to us to either be defeated by it or over come it and conquer challenges head on.

15. hurtadoluisalex

hurtadoluisalex New Member

My philosophy is that you can do whatever you want, while you don't hurt or make bad things to other people and any alive being. I also believe that if a person has a clear conscience has also a clear life, there no a softer pillow that a clear conscience. If you do good things you will receive good things, what you sow is what you reap.

16. valanchar

valanchar New Member

My philosophy is simple, question your thoughts. Thoughts create "suffering". They pop in and out of existence, yet they are imaginary. They exist in future and past. Future and past, does not exist. My philosophy is live in the "now". Only the "now" is real.

17. Beachgurl87

Beachgurl87 New Member

"You Are What You Think"

There is no specific philosophy. Each person is different and we all have different circumstances. There is no right or wrong way. There is no pass or fail. What we allow ourselves to believe is what we will be convinced of.

Have you ever heard that saying, "you are what you eat"? Well when dealing with philosophy, "You are what you think"!
    Think about it!

18. Jane

Jane New Member

There was one from Mother Teresa saying that you don't have to please everyone. That this life is between you and God and not between you and them. I grew up in a big family from both parents. My father is the breadwinner of the family, so is my mother. As their eldest daughter, I would often receive praises and expectations. That someday I would exceed my parents' accomplishments. That exposed me to a life where I was careful not to make mistakes. It was tough until I have overcome it. I chose to grow on my own other than to hide in another person's shadow. As long as you are a good person then their opinion should not, in any way, distract you into becoming who you really are.

19. muna bedan

muna bedan New Member

"Live each day like its your last and treat everyone you meet like an honorable vistor"
    I believe that the whole aspect of reality is based on time and fellow human beings. My philosophy reminds me that time is a limited resource that should not be wasted. It also reminds me that my happiness is determined by how I treat others.

20. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I have a lot I've made up over the years, most of which I forget eventually because I only remember the concept, not the words themselves. However, one of them is to always give credit to yourself, even when it's not due. This is because I'm a lazy person with a huge amount of pride, I like to give myself credit for things I merely enjoy, this helps me boost my confidence and helps me find motivation to improve myself every time, fearing that someone may be better than me.