IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

what is your prefered device for media streaming?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Tru Aveli, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Tru Aveli

Tru Aveli New Member

Hardly no one watches Tv anymore, most of us have adopted the new Media Streaming Devices that are accessible almost everywhere. Most of my friends use their smartphones, I prefer my tablet (Asus Zenpad) which I take with me everywhere. Some use their computers which also comes handy with a strong wifi connection. I would like to get an idea on how you stream your media?

2. Aahz

Aahz New Member

Having followed technological advances for nearly half a century now the evolution (and devolution) of screen sizes has simply fascinated me. As a child in the 1970s my friends and I were always amazed as our (parents') televisions got larger and larger. From a 10"-13" standard we quickly became used to the ever-growing screens that settled around 22" to 24".

Then, in the early 1980s Sony introduced the Watchman: a version of their famous portable tape-deck the Walkman with functioning television screen. The largest of these screens was 4", but we were all simply amazed that we could take our favorite televisions with us wherever we went. Of course, the appeal of the small screens didn't last and, thus, neither did the Sony Watchman. It was merely a blip in television viewing history and we all soon continued our quest for larger and larger screens. In the late 1990s it seemed we'd finally achieved screen Nirvana with LCD and flat-screen technology offering 42" super-screens. of course, technology advanced forward and soon it wasn't unusual to see screens of 60" or larger (at least in TV showrooms, if not in our own homes).

All of which is my long winded way of saying: "how can anyone possibly enjoy watching television on a cell phone screen no larger than 30-year old Sony Watchman?"