IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What is your take on christians giving a tithe?

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality' started by ngetich49, Feb 9, 2018.

1. ngetich49

ngetich49 New Member

The Bible teaches us to always give a tithe which is a tenth of all we earn or possess.Personally, i find this really hard to adhere to.We often fail to follow this one rule, even those considered saved often have difficulties.If failing to give a tithe will make Christians fall short of glory then truly entering God's kingdom is close to impossible.The Bible asks of us to give with all our hearts and whatever we give by this faith will be blessed, this statement contradicts the tithing rule leaving me to ask myself whether it is really compulsory to give a tithe.

What is your view about Christians giving tithes?Do you think there are repercussions for failing to tithe?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Liberty likes this.
  2. Liberty

Liberty New Member

@ngetich49 First allow me to correct you on the statement of ,"giving tithe".We pay tithe. That said, let me say it's a requirement for every Christian to tithe. The Bible records," seed time and harvest time shall never seize." , meaning the principle of receiving is determined by your giving. God said in the Book of Malachi Chapter 3, that if we do not tithe we are robbing Him. The repercussions therefore being living under "the curse" ( Amplified Bible).

Now, that means different from if it read, " you're cursed with "a curse". Basically, "a curse" implies that there are different types of curses, but "the curse" speaks of something specific. God plainly declares the result of disobedience is the curse, the curse of living a life without God's supernatural power. That's why in verse 7 of Malachi 3 , God is calling us back to Him. A non-tither lives in a cursed world where only the intellectual, mental and physical power are at his disposal but God's power is far off from such a person.

3. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Giving tithes is a practice essential especially to those of the Christian religion. The Bible does advice on the need of giving ten percent of our earnings to God. It is a show of gratitude to God for his provision for our needs. The given tithes are used to build the church thus expanding the kingdom of God. Moreover,this practice is a reminder of the dependence on God and His faithfulness. Therefore, I think tithing is important for all Christians.

4. Liberty

Liberty New Member

Tithing is a covenant that God had with Jacob to all his descendants for generations. By tithing we invite God into our businesses, lives, families etc. Tithe brings favor. My Bible records that Israel didn't enter the promised land because they were skilled, they made it there because they had the favor of God. So when we tithe we invite God's preferential treatment's. It's an act of showing our faithfulness and gratitude to God.

5. Ajah

Ajah New Member

I personally honestly think it's just a scam. No one ever sees where that money is really going and why am I required to give my money up that I worked for no one else earned that money except me.

6. Rebekah Smith

Rebekah Smith New Member

Tithing is a choice. God will never force you to tithe, and a church should not force this either. However, Malachi 3:10 (NIV) states, “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.’”

Tithing has a purpose. It shows God that you trust him to provide for you. If you research tithing in the Bible, you will find that God blesses those who tithe.

7. rehema yeswa

rehema yeswa New Member

Giving tithe is just okay. It's written in the bible that we should give tithe, but give with brains. Give according to what you have. Do not give everything you have, and expect miracles to happen in your life. Give considering yourself too, your family, or people living under your care. Do not give all you have and sleep hungry instead. In short, give wisely.