IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What kind of crafts do you enjoy?

Discussion in 'Art' started by AnnieOakley, Nov 22, 2016.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley New Member

I enjoy all kinds of crafts but my favorites are needlepoint, faux finishing and intarsia. Intarsia is actually a form of woodworking so I'm not sure if it really qualifies as a craft or not. But, some of the best artists I've seen that do intarsia have made some really interesting work. Intarsia is the art of making images using inlaid wood. It's kind of unusual, I guess. When I mention it, few people seem to know what it is. You can Google intarsia and click the "images" link at the top of the search to see some beautiful examples of intarsia.

What kinds of unique and innovative ideas have you ever seen or done with crafts?

2. Jswindell

Jswindell New Member

I used to do a lot of faux finishes on furniture I got from yard sales or the thrift store. Other than that, I enjoy sewing, jewelry making and creating functional art or home decor items. Never heard of intarsia but it sounds interesting from what you described. Been out of the loop on my crafting activities so I have to play catch up. Probably the most innovative thing I have done is creating an ocean image using the sponging technique.

3. Orion Rhodes

Orion Rhodes New Member

I am a big lover of all things crafting! I am a stay at home mom that homeschools a younger child, so craft time is a big part of our school day, every day. We paint pictures and play with clay but we love to construct holiday decorations from popsicle sticks, toilet paper tubes, and anything else we have laying around the house. Pinterest is chocked full of ideas for crafts you can do with your children at any age, whether they are homeschooled or just home for the day. When we hit naptime, the hardcore crocheter in me comes alive!