IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Makes You Want to Watch a Movie More Than Once?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by writerruth, Feb 27, 2017.

1. writerruth

writerruth New Member

What is it about a movie, that makes you want to watch it more than once? I suppose it must be different for each of us depending on our likes and personalities.

For me, it can be a number of things:
    For one, I love adventure, so anything that has an adventure as its theme will catch my attention, and I might watch it more than once.
    Intricate storylines is another reason I would rewatch a movie; you know, the kind that has twists and turns and leaves you not sure what will happen next? Some films, in my opinion, need to be watched more than once just to "get" everything.
    Location, scenery, and culture are other reasons that I may look at a movie more than one time. I like the idea of traveling to another time or place from the comfort of my couch or chair!

So, what are your reasons?

2. NoelRich

NoelRich New Member

The quality of the cast/acting skills is a major factor for me. I don't like to be bored, especially if I paid money to see the movie in theaters.
    I love comedies! I will any movie that makes me cry of laughter because I know that each time I watch it, I will find something new about it that is hilarious.
    I may watch movies that have new and upcoming actors in them more than once just to see if I liked the new actors more or less than I thought when I originally saw the movie.

VEHNOM1 likes this.
  3. HarrySung

HarrySung New Member

If at watching the movie the first time, I can relate it to current events in my life, I watch it again and possibly again. The movie "3 Idiots" is my most re-watched movie because when I watch it, as a student, I get inspired about how to overcome the current challenges am facing in my academics.

When the going gets tough academically, I resort to watching the movie, and anytime I watch it, it appears new as though I have never watched it before.

4. Zacharia

Zacharia New Member

If it keeps me interesting and leaves a dilemma at the end. Since it will leave me with a lot of questions and what could have happened next if it had not the end. Of course, there must be drama and less action within the movie.

marynyokabz and VEHNOM1 like this.
  5. Done796

Done796 New Member

That's a good question! Personally, I watch movies from most categories! What gets me to come back to a story is the storytelling and acting. I don't care if the film is a big budget production, or a 'B class' production. If the story has characters that I can identify myself with; then I will pay closer attention. Now, if the actors portrayal of the character makes me care about their arch in the storyline; then I'm invested. I'll re watch a film just to sit back and escape into a fairy tale for an hour or two. I'll also re watch a film if the story makes me think about abstract ideas. Have you ever watched a film a second, or a third time? Did you ever notice that you missed something? That is the stuff that pulls me back!

6. marynyokabz

marynyokabz New Member

It is its storyline, the actors or the actress. To me, it is about how the movie is crafted- the art behind it. If it leaves me feeling elevated and inspired, then I will watch it over and over again. if the scripting was done right, then I sure will watch it over. If the characters acted out their parts wholeheartedly, I am most likely to watch it again.

last but not least, I will watch a movie again if it was funny or had a lesson. I love fun and laughing but I also enjoy a good movie with virtues embedded in them.

7. VEHNOM1

VEHNOM1 New Member

The plot, the cast and the intrigue. Movies like American gangster and Indecent proposal are perfect examples of movies I've watched over and over. I feel as if I am apart of the movie when I'm watching. Sometimes I get carried away and forget it's actually something written.

marynyokabz likes this.
  8. ken alto

ken alto New Member

What makes me watch a movie over and over is how entertaining to me the movie is. Some movies are so boring that I struggle to complete watching
    just once. I love movies that make me want to be part of the action and also realistic ones. An example of a movie that I've watched more than once is 'The Kick'.

9. awilson92

awilson92 New Member

In order for me to watch a movie more than once it has to have at minimum three qualities. The first is it has to have made me laugh hysterically the first time I watched it. This means that I am likely to laugh each time I watch it. Secondly, I think the more immersive the story is in regards to the world and plot the more I want to go back and take a second look. Also, the third is that the movie keep the plot going and it doesn't drag or lose my interest at any point. it has to be entertaining!

10. Jaylah

Jaylah New Member

For me it depends on a lot of factors. If it's comedy it's because I laughed so hard and forgot about everything causing anxiety. Sort of like a high of some kind. If its action its because of the powerful exciting trigger it has on my mind. Also, the way the effects are in the movie can help. Sometimes I may like the storyline of the movie, because it resonates with my life in some way or not. Then again, sometimes its because I have no choice and a limited amount of movies to watch. LOL!

11. docx

docx New Member

Hello everyone.
    I watch a movie more than once ,because I just don't have anything new to watch.If the TV channel is not going to show anything new ,I have to watch that movie that they offers.It is not what do you want to eat,but what are they giving to you.Sometimes you have no choice.

12. Jaden

Jaden New Member

I usually watch movies more that once if I found them really interesting. I think that a good movie is like a great song, and it doesn't matter how many times you see or hear it, it will always raise your vibration in some way. I've noticed that for me it's mostly the science fiction movies that I end up watching over and over a number of times and each time I watch it I usually understand something in the plot that I had missed before.

13. pl1726

pl1726 New Member

the storyline. some just hits you harder than the rest

14. Kanagirl

Kanagirl New Member

If it really grabs my attention and leaves me feeling good or excited I'll watch a movie several times. It may have a sad ending, but it can still leave me feeling something for it. And that e.otilnal charge will keep me coming back.

15. kymdynis

kymdynis New Member

The flow of the movie.

16. Lagidi prasanth

Lagidi prasanth New Member

Love Actually. It's a feel good movie and it makes me feel good about life everytime I watch it. I especially like to see it close to christmas (since the movie is happening at that time).

17. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

Multiple things are important when it comes to making me watch the movie over and over again. I guess some of them are: actors, music, story, complexity. The last thing mostly. If a movie requires high attention and focus, I have to watch it at least 2-3 times. Some of these movies are "Interstellar", "Inception", "Shutter Island", "Donnie Darko", "Mr Nobody". They all require high level of attention and thinking that is almost impossible to catch all the details when you watch it for the first time. That is why I decide to watch it over and over again and catch the little hints hidden in the movie and then have a complete picture about it all.

18. haerondir

haerondir New Member

Usually I only rewatch comedy movies. A great comedy movie will make you laugh every time you watch it. I can't recall how many times I've watched Mean Girls by now. I'm also a big fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so I've probably watched those movies more than a couple of times (I'm looking at you Guardians of the Galaxy).

19. keithjuma

keithjuma New Member

I would watch a movie more than once if it has a good script. By good script i mean the dialog between the actors of the movie has to be awesome. This is why i always endlessly watch Horrible Bosses and The Hangover;especially the first Hangover film,i mean who steals a tiger and puts it in the bathroom more so its Mike Tyson's.

20. Tiile24

Tiile24 New Member

Well, to me it's suspense. For instance, I've watched "Prison Break " season one close to five times now, I think. You heard me right, five good times. What makes me watch a movie five times?? It's simple. Suspense!! To me personally, I don't think that there can be a more suspensive movie than the season one of the "Prison Break" series. The level of suspense in this series' season one sometimes makes me not want to blink.