IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Movie Made You Cry Like A Baby?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Destiny, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Come on! I don't care how tough you are! We've all seen that one (or more!) movie that's left you a heap of blubbery mess after the credits rolled. So... What was it? Don't lie!

2. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

Well it wasn't a movie exactly but a documentary about the life and history of Nelson Mandela, the late president of South Africa. I got overcome with emotions after watching how they treated him while he was in prison, i actually shed tears. That was like ten years ago but i still remember that day vividly.

3. alehandroh4

alehandroh4 New Member

The two movies that have made me shed tears are Schindler's List and Cinema Paradiso.

You can probably guess what could have upset me about Schindler's List, but the scene in particular that made me cry was near the end, when Schindler is about to leave all of his workers. Despite his tremendous actions towards saving those people, he is so traumatized by what he experienced that all he can focus on is how he could have saved so many more, how it wasn't enough. He begins to realize all that he could have given up to save more people, but didn't, and how worthless every material thing he owns seems to him now compared to the value of human lives. Add on top of all of that Williams's soundtrack, which could make you weep just by listening to it, and you have me ransacking the tissue box.

Now, first of all, let me just state that I think Cinema Paradiso is the most beautiful movie ever made. The photography, the music, and the Italian language go so well together that I could watch that movie all day and never become tired. The feelings that movie creates on me are great, especially near the end when Salvatore goes back to his mom after he is grown and sees the place he left behind. I don't know what it is about that scene that makes me cry every time, maybe it is because I moved from my home to the US several years ago and I can imagine how it might feel going back.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. tracy

tracy New Member

The Green Mile made me cry like a baby, no matter how many times I watch it, I cry every single time. The fact that such a soft hearted man who was always willing to help other gets sentenced to death for another man's crime is so heart wrenching and even though the wardens eventually find out he is not guilty, there is still nothing they can do about it.

5. marianaps9940

marianaps9940 New Member

I have to agree, at least with Schindler's List, I don't really cry that much with movies, but this one takes it to another level, every time I watch it I end up crying like a baby, always, although the scene that makes me burst into tears is the one at the credits, when the real people from the list and their descendants put stones on Schindler's real life tomb, it makes it real, you can feel the pain for that terrible crime against humanity, and that there were people like Schindler who tried all he could to save as much people as he was able to.

6. shourya119

shourya119 New Member

@Destiny 50 First Dates. This is the movie that makes me cry. Not only that I go through many emotions whenever i watch this movie, But also, It makes watch it again and again. Because of this movie I started liking Drew Barrymore.

7. tgcbao88

tgcbao88 New Member

Cry like a baby ? Well, that's hard for a man, but there are movies which can make tears welling up in my eyes:

1.Titanic . Not when Jack dies. I am always moved when Rose is trying to blow the whistle as hard as she can to survive.

2. Harry Potter. Not the whole series. The only scene which is so heart-touching is that Snape discovering Lily's dead body. I am telling you, I have watched that scene on youtube for like hundreds of times.

3. Pursuit of Happiness. Will Smith trying to hold his happy tear just makes me shed more tears than him.

4. Life is Beautiful. The whole story pushed the death of the father very high above. I cried a little.

8. Cagney Shipp

Cagney Shipp New Member

The movie that makes me cry like a baby is OLE Yellor I refuse to watch it because even now the tears flow like the first time I saw it. The next movie that makes the tears roll was iRobot where Will Smith has to kill the German Shepard. The last movie that still draws tears to my eyes is The Green Mile.

9. painter1

painter1 New Member

10. hhelenak

hhelenak New Member

Movies that have made me cry a lot are: Furious 7, Hachi: A Dog's Tale and P.S I Love You... They are all so sad that I just couldn't deal with the sadness anymore, I have watched them more than one time and they always have mad me cry.

11. normyorke03

normyorke03 New Member

Forrest gump always makes me cry like a little baby. It's inspiring, emotional and funny at the same time; and the storyline is incredible. I can watch it a thousand times and still end up crying like a baby.

12. harisali3

harisali3 New Member

There are 2 movies that always make me cry, even though I've seen both of them many times. The first movie is "Up" and it's the montage that shows Carl and Ellie sharing their life together through good times and bad. The final scenes are heartbreaking, but these two are so in love with each other, you can't help but envy them! The second movie is Toy Story 2. Its the scene where Jessie is telling her story about her "girl" and how they parted ways. Jessie describes in detail how absolutely happy she was and how, in the end, she's basically betrayed. And both of these scenes have the most heartbreaking music which make them even sadder.

13. Neko_mitai

Neko_mitai New Member

I'm going to sound really lame for this but the original Lorax made me weep at the end. From the moment the Lorax was introduced as a character he made it clear that he was there to protect the trees. The Onceler completely ignored the him whenever the Lorax told him to stop cutting trees down or polluting the land. He systematically destroys the land to a point where it's so bad the animals have to leave(the fish literally get out of the lake and walk on land to find a better place). I got a little teary eyed watching all the animals leave, but the part that made me really lose it was how the Lorax looked at the very end. He just seemed broken, he didn't say anything, just looked at the Onceler. The whole movie he was constantly trying to talk to the Onceler. He was constantly trying to stop him from cutting down the trees, but at the very end, he just gave up and left. He had to accept that the place he lived for years was damaged to the point where it was uninhabitable. And then finally after everyone had left and the land was completely un-salvageable the Oncler realized that he had made a mistake. He gave a little boy who was passing through the last seed to the Trufular trees, and told him to "grow a forest" in the hopes the Lorax and his friends return. I still cry when I watch it.

14. ibukunteje

ibukunteje New Member

the movie that made me cry like a baby is the movie titanic, it was filled with emotions, happy moment and sad moments, it a real pity that Jack had to die, really tragedious.

15. Cabaline

Cabaline New Member

Yes, I was exactly the same when I watched Up! I watched it on TV with my mum because she loves Pixar films. After that opening we had to pause it and take a break so that we could compose ourselves! To this say she still says "How could they do that in a film for children?"

A film that makes me cry is The Kings Speech. Just the bit at the end where he gives the war speech successfully. It has such inspiring music in the background and while he is talking it shows the reactions of various people at home and in the streets. I cry because not only has he managed to take the biggest step in beating his demons, but it this minor happy occasion is overshadowed by the beginning of World War 1 which was a massive tragedy.

16. Sonn1k

Sonn1k New Member

The Theory of Everything! Hands down, one of the best drama movie of all time. Eddie Redmayne is perfect for the role. *Spoiler Alert* The scene where Stephen told her wife Jane (played by Felicity Jones) that she will be going to America with Elaine, definitely made me cry.

17. ray

ray New Member

Let me recall, yest it was an old move I watched a couple of weeks before on TV. It was a movie released in late sixties with couple of unknown film actors but did wonderfully well for its touching story. It was all about relations in between father and his son who did not like him but the end changed the entire scenario with a sad end though.

18. LadyAdelaide

LadyAdelaide New Member

The movie "Pay It Forward" made me bawl like a baby. There are many different movies, but that is the only one that comes to mind right now. The end just pulls at your heartstrings so much; you really shouldn't miss any opportunity to see this one if you have a chance. It is a very powerful film!

19. monniqueeex

monniqueeex New Member

There are only to movies that make me cry every time I watch them they are My Girl and A Walk To Remember.
    The part that always makes me cry in My Girl is when the little boy dies and how she acts during the funeral so heartbreaking.
    The part that always make me cry in A Walk To Remember is when he falls in love with her and then she dies and how he talks about her in the end.

20. RaulSTARRR

RaulSTARRR New Member

Hachikō , you need to watch it. I'm always start to cry (yeah yeah... boy)