IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What music genre will be the trend in 2017?

Discussion in 'Music' started by shaunssyw, Jun 26, 2017.

1. shaunssyw

shaunssyw New Member

For 2016, future bass became more popular, and I think 2017 will be the year that it becomes as popular as bigroom (pop music) became back in 2014. What do you think? Will there be other genres could potentially go up against future bass?

2. Djbeckah

Djbeckah New Member

This will probably be modern hip hop. We have seen various new artists around the world coming up with new styles to improve and uplift the hip hop culture whi definitely is by proof moving crowds regardless of age. Future bass which is mostly listened by young people will eventually die off as time goes by.

3. ashleiy

ashleiy New Member

Afrobeat without a doubt. Nigeria afrobeat is taking over. If you do not believe me then you should keep up with Major Lazer that is doing big things in the music industry by collaborating with Nigerian artists and adding flavour to afrobeat.The result? absolutely mind blowing. My current obsession is ''PARTICULA'' by Ice prince featuring Major Lazer. Killer beats. Thank me later.

4. Violent Gale

Violent Gale New Member

I agree with this. Most likely that those songs will be EDM since it is already making a hit in the music industry. I just hope that bands and other artists can still catch up and make good quality songs. Technology is rapidly evolving and we can't anticipate what the future will bring.

5. Megan

Megan New Member

I think Pop and the Chill/Electronia music will be making a comeback in 2017. Good things are yet to come. :)

6. Asha Krishnakumar

Asha Krishnakumar New Member

I am going to have to say EDM. There are many rising EDM artists that have become famous in 2016 onwards, such as Flume, and honestly, the Chainsmokers have really risen after the #SELFIE song. Other EDM artists such as Sebastian Ingrosso, Madeon, Kygo, and Martin Garrix are also rising in popularity. There are so many different collaborations happening among EDM artists to produce the next greatest hits, so EDM is definitely making news this year.