IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What s your favorite music genre

Discussion in 'Music' started by biscione95, Oct 12, 2016.

1. biscione95

biscione95 New Member

Music represents a fundamental part of my daily life and sends me lots of emotions. I listen several music genres, but i'm more oriented on rock music (classic rock in particular) and electronic music, because they send me the positive energy that I need to better face the daily routine.

What about your music preferences?

2. Der Kommissar

Der Kommissar New Member

I'm hardcore stuck in the 80's, and even though I love it, my friends generally want to kill me for it. But I don't really like their music much either haha. Def Leppard is my favorite band of all time, since I was little, but I kind of go all over with 80's rock and pop. Screw Madonna though.

To be completely honest, unless you like the same music as me, I'm the kind of person where everyone cringes when I touch the aux cord.

3. ade18

ade18 New Member

I'm the kind of person who would maybe like any genre...just sometimes because then again I can be very choosy and strict with what genre I don't like so its just a win win situation.

• Hip Hop - Any kind especially old school. Michael Jackson, Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G. , 50 Cent etc... I even like modern hip hop.
    • Afrobeats - specifically Nigerian music, sometimes Ghanaian
    • RnB
    • Trap/ Trap Soul
    I used to like pop music but I guess I just kind of grown out of it. Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande are my all time favourite pop stars but they're not my favourite (anymore), I'll still listen to them.

If I'm going to answer your question then my favourite genre is Afrobeats

4. trimur

trimur New Member

I love alternative rock,shogaze,psychedelic,metal,grunge genre
    My favorite artist is kurt cobain.

5. Tashni

Tashni New Member

My favourite genre is gospel-soca. I loved soca so when I became a Christian I looked up gospel soca.

6. AngelaMc

AngelaMc New Member

"Classic Rock" and "Country" are my favorites. I love Lynrd Skynrd, Toby Keith, Hank Williams Jr., Marshal Tucker Band, Keith Whitley, and many more Artists. Music to me is soothing to the soul, and it seems with every lyric you listen to it touches on some aspect of ones own self.

7. teighlor smith

teighlor smith New Member

My favorite type of music is Hip Hop, R&b, and pop. I love music I can dance and sing to, normally ones that put me into a good mood. Sometimes I do listen to other types of music, depending on the mood I am in.

8. AlessMeison

AlessMeison New Member

The best is the 80's songs for me

9. klabingk

klabingk New Member

I'm kind of weird one. I like Hip-Hop, Jazz, Techno and Heavy Metal. I listen to Pop music from time to time, some of my favorite songs are actually Pop music. Out of these genres Hip-Hop is closest to my heart, everything from old school to new Trap music. Also I recently started to listen to Vaporwave music and its great.

10. DesA4

DesA4 New Member

My favorite music genre has to be R&B. My playlist is full of R&B love songs that I will never get tired of. If you're going through a heartbreak this is the best type of music genre to listen to. I know it will still make you feel emotional but it really does express your emotions. R&B will always touch my soul.

11. avikz

avikz New Member

I am bass guitarist and hence I listen to almost every kind of music due to my stage requirement. However, while sitting alone at home, I love to play blues and love to listen to blues songs as well.

I don't know why I am so affectionate to the blues, but I guess I like the rhythm groove which is generated by blues music. The soberness of blues music is what attracts me a lot.

12. Manandez

Manandez New Member

Hello biscione95,

I am into old pop music, especially those from the 70s and 80s. This kind of music always makes me feel comfortable and happy, and I usually listen to it when I get the chance, so my day is rolling smoothly.

Since 2005, if my mind is not tricking me, music from that old moment is making a huge success among teenagers, bringing back good memories for the adults that experienced that turbulent musical period, and being once again recorded by iconic singers like Madonna, Nicole Scherzinger and several others.

I feel like I will never stop listening to this genre as it is the one that makes my heart pump hard in joy and takes me back in time when I was naive and the world seemed to be so much more brilliant before my childish eyes.

13. elliemae1678

elliemae1678 New Member

I enjoy a little bit of everything, but country is probably what I like best. I think it's because I'm a southern girl and it's what I grew up with. Sara Evans, Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley are my favorites at the moment.

14. Jameskaranjak

Jameskaranjak New Member

Music that makes you feel at peace inside, that's music I will listen to. In particular I will listen to trance music the epic chilled music and conscious reggae and rap music.I want to listen to a genre of music that is positive,and with meaning.

15. JOSEPH

JOSEPH New Member

I do not have a specific genre.I just enjoy listening to love songs across all genres. Hate dancehall

16. Sikka

Sikka New Member

I don't know if I could choose a favourite. Maybe heavy metal.

17. komaeda

komaeda New Member

I personally enjoy listening to music thats either calming or a bit upbeat! I've noticed that the music I listen to that has calming sound tends to be indie, so I'd say that indie is probably my favorite genre.

18. Lala1023

Lala1023 New Member

If I had to choose one, I'd go with R&B. I like R&B because some songs you can really feel the emotion come from it. You can also feel the hardship and pain. Sometimes, it makes you feel in love and loved by the person who dedicated R&B song for you.

19. MarkCorrea

MarkCorrea New Member

For me, I listened to RnB and Alternative kinds of music because it keeps me alive and completed my daily life. It also gives me a feeling of going back to my younger years. Listening to those kinds of music also keeps me out from stress, this is one of my secrets of having a productive day. I am a music lover and tends to listen to music since I was in high school days, even my 2 kids right now adopted the music that I loved to listen. They also love to listen to my Genre of music to the point that it is one way of our bonding time.

20. butterflow

butterflow New Member

To be quite honest, I like most genres of music. Although I listen to a lot of R&B, Jazz and soul music, my collection is varied. I have a selection of the aforementioned together with classical, opera, pop and French and Italian music.

Music to me isn't just about the sounds that it makes, it's also about a feeling or a memory that it evokes. I often listen to a type of music according to how I feel on any particular day. Most of all I consider it to be a great friend that keeps me company, whether I'm sad or happy.