IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What s your favorite music genre

Discussion in 'Music' started by biscione95, Oct 12, 2016.

1. gtdoss

gtdoss New Member

I think the quality of a lot of genres of music kind of stalled after the 1970s (which is my favorite decade of music). I'm not married to any particular genre of music, but I am pretty particular about the quality of any music I listen to, which is probably the reason why so much music today is garbage to me.

I think I like 70s music the best because the musicians and vocalists seemed to have poured a lot of soul, blood, sweat, and tears into their music, regardless of how much money they might make. Most of the musicians these days seem to be constantly looking at the bottom line so they can afford their spoiled celebrity lifestyles, not seeming to care if their songs are meaningful or not. Just my humble opinion! ;)

2. SkullFaced09

SkullFaced09 New Member

I'm actually open to all genre of music as long as its lyrics are on point and with meaning but my all time favorite when i want to relax are old songs and when i want to party i listen to modern songs. For me both music are really great to listen to and because most old songs are all the same with a slow melodic genre while modern songs are loud and energetic. First of old music, music that has a genre of classic which is somewhere between mid 80's or 19's i usually listen to them when i want to get relaxed because most of the old music back then are really gentle and soothing to the ears and most old music have really meaning not just some scramble words on the lyrics because the lyrics came to the heart. And lastly new songs or the modern one, mostly pop or rap music like that now a days are full of energy and has a different vibe which will make you go into a mood that is happily wild that will make you want to dance but most new music now that shares the same music genre lacks meaningful lyrics or as long as the words rhyme and seem catchy to listener then it's fine although it had no meaning at all. So if i were to decide whats my most favorite genre I'll go with old songs or classic because it is still the best it is the roots of the music today.

3. Somethingclever

Somethingclever New Member

I don't have just one favorite music genre because I don't see why you should limit yourself to what different type of music can offer you. For me, it's how the lyrics make you feel and not how catchy the tune is or what genre it falls into. A lot of the popular music today is just mindless lyrics on repeat but with a catchy beat. I prefer music that can take me back down memory lane. Music that can put me in tears or make my day bright again. I prefer music that can give me inspiration and hope. It's the lyrics that does it for me not just a genre.

4. Newton Eyanae Wossman

Newton Eyanae Wossman New Member

For me as christian,my favourite genre is Gospels worship.They are sung in such a humble manner that draws one near to God.The songs helps one understand who God is,how to fear him and approach him with reference and awe.A good worship,sang in the Holy spirit will humble the singer and brings low the pride of the flesh.When am downcast or in trouble I always find help through worship.And as I worship,then am strengthened and uplifted to another height.When I listen to sweet musical instruments,then I am driven to meditate on the glory of heaven as compared to the suffering we endure here on earth.For that's the place I long to be.Oh!How I love worship!

5. angelrosei

angelrosei New Member

I'm a huge fan if indie music—indie pop, indie rock, electro pop—you name it. There's just something special about finding gems that most people don't know about. The lyrics are meaningful and the music is created with passion instead of fame. I love that feeling of euphoria when you listen to a song for the first time and your soul is suddenly at peace. Indie music just brings me to a place that no other kind of music ever does.

6. melon

melon New Member

My preference to music seem changing, when i was in school i liked to listen to rock and roll music, now as age keep growing i like listening to metal more, and sometimes old classical music.

7. viktor88

viktor88 New Member

It really hard to choose one genre but my favourite should be rhythm and blues because I have always been a fan of good music with nice lyrics. My favourite singers in this genre include Celine Dion, Robert Kelly, Westlife, backstreet boys, Phil Collins, Chris Brown, Witney Houston and Brandy

Depending on my mood during the day I still listen to other music genres, I listen to rap especially Eminem for inspiration and also listen to gospel music on Sundays before going to church.
    dion.jpg

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. Aggy91

Aggy91 Member

My favorite music genre nowadays is jazz...I love the fact that I can listen to jazz for long hours because it is mostly instrumental.I love other genres like hip-hop, rock,soul but there is something intriguing about jazz.Maybe it is because of the slow pace,and probably because there are hardly no words involved that may invoke certain feeling or ideas in you. Today i cannot listen to an hour of hip hop before I get tired of it,but for jazz...give me whole day plus the next day.

9. naknak_datu

naknak_datu New Member

Personally, I do listen to different music genre. I can listen to rock, pop, r&b etc. But most of the time I listen to mellow music or love songs. For me it gives me a sense of fulfillment. It relaxes my mid each time I listen to it. It tends me to realize all the things that has happened in my life from the past and up to the present.

10. Kassim

Kassim New Member

For me considering I am a party freak, I honestly prefer Trap music, hip hop and Trance music. These genres take me to a whole different world because one thing is for sure; they release all the tension , all the worries fade away, and it gets you instantly in the mood to dance along with the beats.

11. Garret

Garret New Member

Personally I prefer Top 40, Pop, and A Cappella music. Each genre has different elements that I find to be appealing and I love the style. Some of my favorite singers are based in those categories and despite what some people think, they have a lot of talent.

12. Dictator20

Dictator20 New Member

Pop music is the best for me almost almost all of the pop music is just calm as heaven. I love listening to pop musics everytime I feel down and happy in short I love listening to music in all of my moods. I also love some hiphop songs the old one and not the modern, modern hiphop and old hiphop has a big difference for me, I prefer listening to the old one.

13. analo

analo New Member

I can listen to almost every genre ( country music being the exception ) but my favorite is Rock. I also like hip-hop and pop music. I prefer older ( 80s - 90s ) music of any genre, as I don't think highly of modern music. Favorite bands/artists are Nirvana, Linkin Park, Madonna and Perturbator.

14. kiefferventura14

kiefferventura14 New Member

Personally, I prefer anime music so my favorite genre is J-Pop. The songs express the characters and the anime very well. But sometimes I also listen to K-pop, rap and rock music. I even became interested in doujin music since I was introduced to Touhou.

15. Bill800

Bill800 New Member

Pop is a famous genre of music which is
    particularly prevalent among youth. As a result of
    its widespread popularity, this genre produces the
    highest number of hit songs during the year. Thats why I mostly prefer it.

16. Jon

Jon New Member

As a direct answer, I prefer metal or classic rock. Although, I do listen to anything with a nice beat and can make me feel better. I occasionally listen to artists like Eminem and Yung Gravy, but I am not a fan of the genre. If I like an artist, I will listen to their music.