IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What should be the purpose of getting higher education?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Haroon Rasheed, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon Rasheed Member

Education is the most powerful weapon which can be used to change the entire world.It has unlimited access to everything present in this universe.By getting more education, man is making progress by leaps and bounds.But question here is that what should we do after getting higher education.A well-educated man should be always ready to guide and help other people in a pleasant way.He should tell the importinance of the education in this current century to the uneducated people.There are millions of people in this world whi don't know what to do to live a happy and prosperous life.They even don't know that what is good and bad in adopting some or many habits.Educated people in this regard are ask to help and show a right path.If they will be on a right path then I am sure that there will be no worries in this world and everybody will be able to live a prosperous life.
    What would you say about this?

2. Belinda M. Teodosio

Belinda M. Teodosio New Member

Haroon Rasheed,
    I get your point but unfortunately it doesn't goes that way. Most of the educated person abused the uneducated and I witnessed a lot of incident like that. If I'm going to answer your question on what is the purpose of getting higher education, well my practical answer is to live decently. We tried hard to finish college so we can get high paid job. I am amazed with your point that we have to help other people by educating them and encourage them on how important to gain education and actually I simply do that but the problem is money. Most of the family here in my country cannot afford to send their children to college due to lack of financial support unless if the child is smart, he can apply for scholarship but only few young kids can have that chance. Sometimes I disagree with other people point of view that in order to have a prosperous life is you have to finish your Bachelors Degree. In my own opinion you don't need to gain higher level of education if you have a skillset. My aunt is only a high school graduate but she is very rich now because she run his cafe business successfully and her skill is only baking and making coffee. Here in my country there is a lot of college graduate that has no job.

The best way to help uneducated people is to teach them other alternative source of income base on their skills so they can still have comfortable life and ofcourse we have to encourage to finish school that they must learn to read and write to avoid being fooled.

3. Samuel2017

Samuel2017 New Member

People believe that everything is being taught in the higher institution, no. The fact here, is that people refuse to learn after1st degree,2nd degree and PH.D. Few among these calibers devote themselves to further education in other to learn from other people experiences and inculcate it into their lives. These are the people that are educated, because, they can step into any storm of life and influence the world to adapt till the storm end.
    So, stepping- in as an influencer requires a lot of adaptive characteristics, but it's a pity that, people now a days, get what they want only for pleasure not knowing what will bounce after pleasure.
    And that is the reason why people do not know how to deal with human behaviour, especially in marriage and kind of rejection from work place or occasions that may require serious self control.