IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What song made you cry?

Discussion in 'Music' started by AnneBobcat89, Feb 27, 2018.

1. AnneBobcat89

AnneBobcat89 New Member

I was talking to a coworker the other day about the different emotions songs can make you feel. We then got to the topic of songs that made us cry. I envy people who had this type of response to music. Sure, there are songs that make me sad. But crying was one thing that never happened to me. So, what songs made you cry?

2. nekonieden

nekonieden New Member

If you are experiencing frustrations, heartbreak and regrets lately in your life, hearing a sad or heartbreaking songs really makes you cry because sometimes you are reminiscing your past events happened to you even if you don't really think of those things. It 's just appears suddenly in your mind unintentionally while hearing those songs. Hearing the song of Charice Pempengco entitled "Yakap" (Filipino song) makes me wanna cry even if the lyrics is not about heartbreaks, I think its because of the arrangement of the tune and melody that will change your mood. Hearing that song before it really made me cry because I remember my ex boyfriend. He always played that song every morning. He was my neighbor so every morning he was there wanted to visit me in our house. He then played that in our stereo. I don't know why he keep on playing that song but I think he really like the tune of the song, even if I first heard that song it really made me emotional.

3. Ken Bruce

Ken Bruce New Member

Songs are extremely powerful in triggering our emotions. I find myself getting moody when I listen to some slow beat music which send chills down my spin. If youve listened to Adele's songs,you might at some instances find yourself crying. Her music tracks like " Hello" are soothing to the point of giving you an vivid emotional attachment to the songs.

Moreover, I also have a similarl experience with "Love Me Now" by John Legend. One can feel the sombreness in the chorus "....who's gonna kiss you when am gone..." which I honesty find to be emotional. So those are some songs I find being emotional to me.

4. Ana Galdamez

Ana Galdamez New Member

I think it's also the tone of the singer and the power that they put behind the lyrics. There is one song in Spanish that gets me every time. The title translates into "Accordion Boy" and it's about a boy who dies during the Christmas Eve while trying to earn enough to buy a present for his family. The sadness in the singer's voice really brings every thing to life and hits me right in the heart every single time.

5. Christine Wanjiku

Christine Wanjiku New Member

Soft and soothing music which includes soft rock and soul,well I am not so familiar with soul but with soft rock I am. I am not sure why but I guess am frequent with soft rock music environment. Its environment brings memories of the moments I've had. Well the goofy moments are long forgotten but the special moments,they are for keeps.

The hit song " All of me" by John Legend makes me calm,soft and emotional, yea at times I cry but Its never archaic with me, this is because it reminds me of the special days and times I had with my dad, The song kept playing in the car at most while we were together. So yes some songs make me cry and get me to vulnerability.

6. ShroukHosny

ShroukHosny New Member

The kind of songs that really makes me cry is break up songs ; That type of songs reminds me of every single time my heart was broken because of unsuccessful relationship and wrong people I've chosen .

" Disaster " by Jojo is the song that makes me cry the most , Especially when when she says " no happy ever after just disaster " .

7. IWriteTheStuff

IWriteTheStuff New Member

The songs that tend to make me cry are the ones that bring back a memory, or perhaps remind me of a specific person in my life.

For example, I tend to tear up whenever I here "Your Song" by Sir Elton John. The song is simple and sweet. It was released in 1970 - literally a lifetime ago. The simplicity and nostalgic element of the lyric and melody brings a tear or two each time I hear it.

Soprano likes this.
  8. Ajah

Ajah New Member

Listening to songs like the suicide song from LOGIC, really gets to me especially when you watch the video.

9. Kimie Kate Majait

Kimie Kate Majait New Member

Songs that made me cry are Christian songs. Whenever I hear Christian songs, I feel its message and it goes directly to my heart which makes me cry. We all know that most Christian songs are really heart breaking and emotional since it seems that we deeply feel God's works and love for us. I love Christian songs for they motivated me not to easily give up on life's struggles and challenges. Also, Christian songs are very soft in the ear but it have great impact to our soul. There are songs also that aren't Christian songs but it made me cry too. These are songs that intended or tribute for our parents' sacrifices in order for us, their child/children, to give a wonderful life even though they suffer a lot and that reminds me how important our parents' sacrifices in our lives and yet I did some ungrateful things to them. It made me sad too to realize that I don't deserve to have them.

10. birdman100

birdman100 New Member

beautiful girl by Sean Kingston because its true the way most beautiful girls do yo

11. Emma White

Emma White New Member

"I Know It's Over" by The Smiths and practically any song by The Smiths starts the waterworks for me. What really speaks to me about "I Know It's Over" is the lyric, "Oh, mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head" since it gives the notion that the singer feels like he is being buried alive. Being stressed often, I know the feeling.

12. rhonda farley

rhonda farley New Member

Some Holiday music makes me tear up. Like for example, Silent Night by The Temptations. I do not know why such songs make me or other people cry. It is just the words of the song, the music and of course, the Season, puts it all into play. Other than that, I have only heard one or two songs that would make my cry and they would be country songs.

13. EbonyPassion2465

EbonyPassion2465 New Member

Just the description sent chills down my spine. That sounds so sad.

14. EbonyPassion2465

EbonyPassion2465 New Member

The first song I ever cried to was "My Immortal" by Evanescence. If you can believe it, I was only 5 years old. Someone sang it at a bar ... it was a family dining bar that served tacos and chips and salsa, but she sang it so ... emotionally, and I cried and couldn't tell anyone why.

15. Blessyn

Blessyn New Member

Emotional songs.

16. JM0315

JM0315 New Member

Lately, I have been listening to a lot of worship mashups by Caleb+Kelsey. Has anyone heard of them?

No matter what I am feeling on the rollercoaster of emotions that I experience on a daily basis, their music always gives me goosebumps and/or brings a tear(s) to my eye.

These two have definitely been blessed with the gift of song. I am one of their biggest fans.

17. penarboska

penarboska New Member

I enjoy different genres of music and enjoy them from the bottom of my heart. I am 48 now and have experienced several songs that were beautiful,eery,sentimental and did make me cry on occasion. I love a melody titled, "Don't Leave Me Out Along The Road by Theodore(Teddy)Pendergrass, who gained recognition from fronting the band Harold Melvin and the BlueNotes. When you get the chance to, please listen to and stream that song because it breaks your heart. Sometimes on Saturdays I play this song on my headphones called, "How Do You Keep The Music Playing" which was a duet from Patti Austin and the late James Ingram. That is an example of another sad lovely song about a broken affair with someone. Depending on whether or not the song has strings ,an orchestra ,or guitar in the background; the reaction to what you hear is different for every listener.

18. Nox

Nox New Member

For the past two years now, One More Light by Linkin Park generally seems to make me cry. As a huge Linkin Park fan, the death of Chester Bennington was devastating for me. I'm finally at a point where I've accepted his passing, but the song hits a lot closer to home than I would like it to. I'd like to hopefully get to a place one day where I am able to appreciate it as just a beautiful song instead of the sad reminder that it currently is for me

19. Ahmad Junaid Tariq

Ahmad Junaid Tariq New Member

Songs are listened for entertainment purpose. But there are songs that make us feel happy and sad both. It is just because we get emotionally attached to some lyrics that every time played grab our attention. There are songs that make us sad even sometimes they make us cry. Anyhow lyrics involved, pain in voice of singer added with music eventually get us caught and make us sad.

20. Lexi Freeman

Lexi Freeman New Member

Instrumental music in itself is powerful, as is the pure poetry that makes up the words of a song. However, when these two are put together, the result can be a magical, vivid representation of raw emotions. Usually for me, a really good instrumental song, like something from Joey Pecoraro could get me to tear up. Also anything with soft voices and piano usually gets me feeling something.