IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What Sports Do You Play?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Fini5h, Apr 16, 2015.

1. fuumarumota

fuumarumota New Member

I used to play soccer two or three times a week after work. There was a tournament organized by some local soda brand to which teams could subscribe; up to 16 teams were allowed. That was several years ago though.

I played right winger defensive position; the coach said I was fast and hard to pass by (I wonder... haha).

I really miss it, but I can't play too much now since I had a fairly bad car accident and my left knee was hurt.

Cheers!

2. Catie Hutchens

Catie Hutchens New Member

I am a huge basketball junky. My husband and I both love playing the game and it brings the family together. We are both very c0mpetive people and it brings our inner competiveness. There are so many games you can play with basketball like Horse, Around the World, Twenty One, Gotcha, and just a regular game of basketball. I love it.

3. Noreht

Noreht New Member

I play rugby for an amateur team here in South Africa. It is one of our nations most popular sports and I have been playing for 24 years.

I practice at least three times a week with games being played on a Friday evening. Our season is generally during winter and stretches from April to September.

4. paola

paola New Member

I don't play anymore, and sometimes that makes me sad. I love sports, all of them, I used to practice athleticism, swimming, basketball, kickingball and dance, so I feel bad seeing myself tired when I jog, because I was a competition winner athlete, and now I don't practice anything.

5. Bruce

Bruce New Member

I'm a transplant from Boston to Tampa in fall of 2007. The weather here encourages more outside physical activity. I play tennis 3 to 4 times a week in singles for cardiovascular exercise. As a member of the South Tampa YMCA I lift weights, jog on the treadmill and attend yoga classes 2 to 3 times a week.

6. fly1000

fly1000 New Member

I play football. Ofcourse i'm goalkeeper. I like volleyball and Ping Pong too.

7. Alex Marasco

Alex Marasco New Member

I play for my school's baseball team for the spring season and I participate in their summer league tournament. It is a great way to hang out with my friends, especially since a lot of us are parting ways for college soon. So as graduation gets closer, we try to find as many oppurtunities as possible to hang out.

I used to be part of my school's football program, but the constant hire and fire of new coaches really ruins the experience. It was a new scheme every year and we could never win that way. So I made the decision to just stick with baseball.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

I used to play tennis when I was younger. Unfortunately now I don't do that any more. But I do enjoy playing badminton with my friends sometimes. Also I'm a big fan of swimming, both in the pool and open water. It's the thing that helps me to relax and get away from routine.

I also like winter sports such as skating, skiing, snowboarding. I'm not a pro but definitely enjoy these activities, especially skating.

9. ahtishamzx

ahtishamzx New Member

I love to play cricket and I play cricket everyday and I had played some tournament but we lost and it doesn't matter.My favorite cricket is Steve Smith his bating is awesome I always love to watch his game tactics and he is a great captain too and I think if I follow him may be I can meet him one day

10. debel22a

debel22a New Member

I'm an equestrian, through and through. I ride and train for the sport of dressage with my horse all year round, but I mainly compete during the spring and summer. During the winter, I alpine ski. I used to ski in slalom races when I was younger, but now I just ski for fun and to stay in shape for riding.

nikki likes this.
  11. shahidbunny

shahidbunny New Member

I like to play cricket. I also like to watch it on tv. It is my favorite game. I love it. Anothe advantage of playing this game is that it keeps me physically fit and healthy.

I also love another games but cricket is my favorite.

12. JGSparrow

JGSparrow New Member

I love team sports. I and my classmates usually play Frisbee on our free time. Sometimes, we also play Volleyball.

13. biscione95

biscione95 New Member

In my life I practiced lots of sports, from swimming to skiing, from football to volleyball. Personally i love playing football because I played it since my childhood.

I prefer team sports because I love joking with my team mates and match atmosphere, I think this is one of the best anti depressants!!!

14. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

I play table tennis every evening. I find it a very nice way to cool my mind.

15. belze7

belze7 New Member

I like to play football (or soccer if you're in America) with my friends and if we are short on players, basketball is nice from time to time. I also enjoy extravagant and wild sports that are played in some countries like hockey (I'm not sure how many countries play this sport apart from Canada) or rugby (very popular in New Zealand).

I think the most important thing is to play with friends, that's why I prefer team sports.

nikki likes this.
  16. nikki

nikki New Member

I have been swimming since I was five! What started out as a fun weekend activity grew to be a passion. I have been a competitive swimmer since fourth grade and although I have stopped competing now, swimming will always be an important part of my life. I also love adventure sports like scuba diving and snorkeling. I don't know how to surf as yet, but I definitely am going to take that up next.

17. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

I love to play football or what Americans call soccer every Sunday with my friends at the beach. We usually form teams of eleven and the first team to score six goals stays on the field. My favorite position to play is on the right wing because I get to use my pace and skill to completely destroy the opposing left back. As a bonus, I get to cut inside and shoot with my left foot which I love.

18. BigSojah

BigSojah New Member

I started playing basketball since I was 7 years old and I haven't stopped since. Everyday in the morning on weekends or afternoons after school, I'm at a basketball court, whether indoors or outdoors. It is so fun the way you can control a game and win the whole game for your team just excites me. If you were to go and play basketball it would be so fun you're running around and playing with friends that's the best part.

19. sergioh651

sergioh651 New Member

I play soccer. It is one of the most entertaining and fun. You run around, do a bit of exercise, and just have fun. What I like is the rivarly. At my school, we have a rivarly with a local school. Before match days for both soccer and football, the schools get hyped up, and on the day of the game, we all have a great time.

20. Jas Skylar

Jas Skylar New Member

I play tennis, run and swim. Since I live near the coast, I often play volleyball with my friends.