IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What things do you consider art?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Anklebiter, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Anklebiter

Anklebiter New Member

I think that nowadays the word: Art, has turn into something a little different than it used to mean. The art is a way to express your emotions, it's something that you make by using your skills and knowledge, it's not a game or a joke, and right now people starts considering that everything they do can be called 'ART'.
    For me (basically) thing that can be art are:
    To draw, sing, dance, write, print, speak, act, think and cook. Sorry if I miss anything important.

What things for you could be called as art?

2. Davies

Davies New Member

I think we cannot limit art as only man-made. Art is anything which is above the usual thing we see well, basically everything was created beautifully and artistically by God.

So we just cannot say art is man-made, therefore, we consider nature as an art considering that God is also a human indeed right?

chatherin likes this.
  3. Rigel401

Rigel401 New Member

Whatever is pleasing to the eye or makes you think. If I can look at something and it makes me think in depth about what it's conveying, then that's art. Whether it's a movie, a show, a video game, a digital painting or a regular painting/drawing, if it's pleasing to my senses and makes me really observe it and think about it's details, it's art to me.

4. JoeMilford

JoeMilford New Member

I think that creating art is a sensibility--anything can be an art if the person approaching it is sincere and works diligently on a craft.
    The making of a hamburger can be an art just like the completing of an oil painting.
    That being said, there are some days I want to go to the museum, and other days that i want a cheeseburger.
    An incredible painting can help me understand a life experience; whereas, the burger can comfort me and give me a different type of pleasure.
    However, if the question is the nature of art, I think that this quality lies within the sincerity of the creator.

5. Olufemi David Olatunji

Olufemi David Olatunji New Member

So, did you mean art is the products of man's creative activities? If that is what meant, then you are excellently correct!

6. Shaguftaa

Shaguftaa New Member

For me, art is something that originates in one heart and touches another. It's something created either by nature or a person, and it pleases the senses of a completely different person who doesn't know the original creator and his emotions while creating that. I think art cannot be taught. It comes naturally to a person. It's inherent and that is why it is unique, original, appealing and creative.

7. Wyvh

Wyvh New Member

Art is a very subjective thing. Someone can consider painting a form of art while the neighbor could think that spreading your dog's food on the wall a great form of art -and sadism btw. It's all a matter of perspective, but you can pretty much consider anything a form of art : the way that stranger walks, the way this ball if rolling in the sand..