IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What TV Show Do You Miss The Most?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Trishmay, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Trishmay

Trishmay New Member

I seem to have a bad habit of falling in love with TV shows that get canceled in the middle of their first season. I have I really miss and wish that they would bring back, they are Utopia and The Red Band Society, really but there ae a really popular shows that get canceled all the time also. Anyone have a favorite you wish they would bring back?

2. Corena

Corena Member

It drives me crazy how they cancel of the best shows after just a few seasons. I get all into these shows and then BAM, cancelled. There have been so many shows that I have watched and was very upset when they were cancelled. Some of my favorite ones that have been cancelled are Bitten, Witches of East End, The 400, and The Secret Circle. They were all awesome shows, unfortunately, they did not last.

3. kenshelle

kenshelle New Member

I miss Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. I was watching them around the same time. It was a nice change from all these reality shows. Although I watch reality shows too. But we need more regular shows.

4. Leah Janulgue

Leah Janulgue New Member

Hmm. As for me I like Prison break. It's an amazing TV series full of sequels that are so thrilling.

5. Kaitlyn Massey

Kaitlyn Massey New Member

I loved Firefly, it was cancelled after one season as Trishmay first mentioned. However, the shows I miss the most were cancelled after about seven seasons: Gilmore Girls (which Netflix could be reviving?), Parenthood, Community, Psych. All of those shows were pretty recently made, but I miss older shows too. I miss The Cosby Show (regardless of the controversy surrounding Bill Cosby). I miss a really old Disney show that only lasted one season... I think it was called In the Beat of a Heart or In a Heartbeat, and it was about high school students who volunteered as first responders/EMT's.

I have previously contemplated that I end up missing the shows made in the U.S., but I don't miss shows made in Japan and Korea. I think the reason behind that is that U.S. shows have plots that are meant to be continuous whereas Anime's and Asian Dramas are more like novels. They have a clear plot-line with a beginning, climax, and end. The ending normally gives a decent amount of closure, and it often only lasts one season, but the closure makes up for it! I don't have many examples of their titles because my old roommate had me watch them, and it's been a while. But one for example is Flower Boy Next Door.

6. BloomingThrough

BloomingThrough Member

I miss the old television shows such as Dawson's creek, that so raven, saved by the bell, and the proud family etc. These are such classics! It reminds me of my childhood so much. I'll just be sitting at home one day, and their them songs pop in my head and I just start to reminisce.

7. BethSztruhar

BethSztruhar New Member

Breaking Bad and Friends. Oh, and How I Met Your Mother! I miss these badly.
    Right now I'm only watching The Walking Dead and House of Cards, and sometimes Community, but barely the older episodes.

8. AndyT8

AndyT8 New Member

I miss 90's Nick. Especially shows such as Hey Arnold, The Wild Thornberrys, and the like.

9. nikki rose

nikki rose New Member

While I realize that most good things come to an end, the shows I miss the most are my favorite shows - shows I scheduled into my calendar. First, during high school, college and early adult life, my one can't miss show was Beverly Hills 90210, the original. Brandon, Dylan, Brenda, Kelly, David, Donna, Andrea, Valerie, Steve...that show was the very best.

A more recent favorite is True Blood. I was a fan of the book series, the Sookie Stackhouse Series. I think Anna Paquin was splendidly cast as Sookie and Alexander Skarsgard executed an exquisite portrayal of Vampire Eric. With an entire supporting cast of memorable characters, this series is one of few instances I would insist the screen translation was better than the text.