IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What unhealthy foods you just can't let go?

Discussion in 'Health' started by Fergus1234, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Sequiter

Sequiter New Member

Coffee, definitely coffee :rolleyes:. I can not imagine getting out of bed and not having coffee, I drink a few more along the day to give me energy ( I have it with sugar and milk). I have had times that for one or other reason I cannot have coffee, then I drink tea, so my addiction is probably the caffeine, because I drink my tea unsweetened. I used to be addicted to chocolate but a while back, I was helping make chocolate decorations and themed sweets for a friends party and the melted chocolate was delicious at first but then after a while all I smelt was chocolate so I am not as obsessed as I used to be.

2. Steph4real

Steph4real New Member

Yes, bacon is lovely! I've found that I can switch to turkey bacon as a healthier alternative, so it's not been too big of a problem for me. My biggest weakness are Pepsi, Starbucks, and Redbull. Those are the three things I don't think I'll ever be able to let go of completely! I take breaks from sugary drinks on occasion, but then there are sometimes I'll find myself drinking straight out of the 2 liter after not having any pop (soda) for months!

3. JGSparrow

JGSparrow New Member

Street foods such as barbecue are unhealthy foods but I can't quit eating. Every night, I went out just to buy some. It really taste great.

4. judyd1

judyd1 New Member

Where do I even start? The days I eat even one vegetable should be red letter days on the calendar. I need my caffeine every day, so I usually have at least one coke, and often have more than three. ..sigh...I know I'm a naughty girl for not eating more healthy foods. The thing is, we got a juicer last year, and I did the whole juicing thing for about 10 days---and I felt REALLY GOOD!

But eating healthy is expensive. And McDonald's is so cheap! (therefore, easy on the budget). Yes, I did see the documentary on eating at McDonald's for 30 days and how unhealthy that was. Yes, I did see that photo of chicken nuggets that circulated the Internet for a few days. It was gross. But they still taste so darn good, I can't help it.

Even as we speak, my mouth is watering for sweet and sour dipping sauce.

5. Tyi

Tyi Member

I have a serious love affair with food period. However, the foods that get me into trouble for one, ice cream. It is so smooth, rich and creamy. There are so many varieties, flavors and combinations. And then there's the crunchy salty snacks. Lay's chips, Doritos, Cheetos, (Cape Cod kettle cooked) Sweet and Spicy Jalapeno chips. The downfall for me is, I don't eat these things in moderation. When I crave them, I purchase them and consume them quickly, therefore, my purchases are few are far between.

6. Tyi

Tyi Member

I agree, I am originally from Kansas City, Mo. "Gates and Son's Barbecue and Seafood" will make you put a hurtin' on yourself You wanna talk about delicious and filling. You might not be able to eat it all in one sitting. Should you ever come to Atlanta, GA, try "This Is It Barbecue and Seafood". Have they got some "OH YUMMY" for you.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. NIck

NIck New Member

There are many unhealthy foods I can't let it go. Some of are chocolates, bread, pizza, burger and the list goes on. I know these foods are unhealthy and I should not consider to eat them, but I can't control myself to go for it.

8. abonnen

abonnen New Member

I like soda but I try to curb my soda consumption to only once a week. I also love bacon and pizza, when I am craving bacon I just make a bacon lettuce, and tomato sandwich which seems to satisfy my craving. Pizza on the other hand is so delicious, I have made it less "junk food" like by making my own at home with lots of veggies.

9. Tyi

Tyi Member

I agree, making your own comfort food is a great idea because you know and can control what you put in it and how much. O love Subway's Total Veggie sandwich with white american and provolone cheeses, oregano, mayo, and oil/vinegar dressing on Italian Herb & Cheese bread.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  10. Tyi

Tyi Member

I hear you, Pepsi and turkey bacon, I indulge myself in spurts. And when I'm done, I'm done for awhile.

11. Browncoat

Browncoat New Member

I know what you mean. I tried going vegan for 30 days and the hardest part was drinking coffee without cream. I tried soy creamer, this new coconut creamer, actual coconut milk, and soy milk. They all tasted wrong!

I ended up giving up coffee because drinking it seemed pointless. Which brings me to my weakness: coffee. I know it's okay in moderation, but I do NOT drink in moderation. I've had at least 3 cups this morning, and I'm about to go brew some more!

12. BlueSkyeLove

BlueSkyeLove New Member

Quis hoc dicit? Quam ob rem tandem, inquit, non satisfacit? Ille vero, si insipiens-quo certe, quoniam tyrannus -, numquam beatus; Ut non sine causa ex iis memoriae ducta sit disciplina. Placet igitur tibi, Cato, cum res sumpseris non concessas, ex illis efficere, quod velis? Scaevola tribunus plebis ferret ad plebem vellentne de ea re quaeri.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  13. richme4

richme4 New Member

Another bacon lover here. I've heard all the bad reports about it but I'm somehow willing to take the risks. Right now I limit myself to twice a week but could eat it daily. Salty and greasy, yum!

I tell myself that it has no carbs. This seems to make it easier to eat.

14. ibezsocial

ibezsocial New Member

Unfortunately when it comes to food, just about every food has some potential health risks, and of course, some are more obvious than others. Food is vital and necessary for us to live, although food contributes to our deaths. Much of today's produce is covered with pesticides to protect crops from insects, along with preservatives to extend their shelf life to increase profits.

In other words, just about all foods are unhealthy to some point and not eating to give up unhealthy foods would be an overwhelming task for anyone. If I were to narrow it down to the most extremely unhealthy foods that it would be difficult to give up, I would have to lean toward giving up anything fried. Arguably, for any food to qualify for frying, it would already be considered unhealthy, including but not limited to my French fries, potatoes wedges, nacho chips, and taco shells. I love these fried foods with cheese dips, sauces, and seasoned meats.

While I know that they are not good for the diet, I rationalize eating them by adding lettuce, tomatoes, or avocadoes to the mix. I believe in order to avoid eating unhealthy foods, you would need to grow and prepare your own food, eliminating the concerns for profits though the use of pesticides and preservatives.

15. Ashley0323

Ashley0323 New Member

For me, the food struggle tends to happen when we visit a drive through. We live a busy lifestyle and always seem to be on the go. We will typically visit a fast food place at least once a week, or more. Aside from that, I feel I have more control over telling myself "no".

16. Zaybrie

Zaybrie New Member

Oh man, there are a couple I just cannot let go of. First and foremost, chocolate! I love chocolate and I don't want to give it up. I did for a while and was kind of sad. I think the second would have to be pasta and the third any salty snack which could be crackers or popcorn. So...I essentially can't give up all the good stuff.

17. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Member

We all have some kind of guilty pleasure when it comes to food and I have mine too. One big one is pastries. I try to buy the ones that have low sugar, but pastries have a lot of fat. I compensate by buying veggie milk like unsweetened soy milk, stevia, etc. I don't have to have pastries, but I'd always gravitate to it when shopping. I get the no sugar added ice creams, that helps when you live in a tropical climate like Hawaii. Pastries are so delicious and so nice to eat that I just can't seem to let go of it though I know that it's not good for me at all.

18. wir3

wir3 New Member

I have to many junkie food that i like so much. The main one's cookies,potato chip and soda. Real need to eat better for my health and that because i have diabetes. Did in the past have my health under controlled. I see myself eating more when i stressed and under a lot of pressure.

19. Oolong

Oolong New Member

Oreos man, Oreos. I love them with milk, and I love the way the milk softens them so they disintegrate in your mouth. The cookie outside, the cool frosting center, oooooo I wish I had some right now.

20. JasmineG

JasmineG New Member

I am a sucker for sweets. I just had two giant german chocolate donuts from a small bakery near my house and they were delicious. I try my best to stray away from eating sweets heavily, but there are moments I feel if I don't have something sweet or chocolate I might stop breathing.

I recently started a diet, so after eating my donuts I declared today my cheat day. This should work, I will just have to stay inside all weekend so I won't be tempted.