IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What will mobile phones look like 10 years from now?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by KenBrace, Apr 12, 2015.

1. RangaNayaki

RangaNayaki New Member

Mobile phones have undergone many changes in the past decade. A few years ago only a few people used to own a mobile and even a small flip phone was expensive. Today, even a five-year old has a mobile. After the development of smartphones, everyone started purchasing 2-3 mobiles as they were reliable and inexpensive.From an old Bar-type phones and flip phones to Android and iPhone the mobile industry has grown widely in the past few years.

Smartphones these days can replace TV and even desktop computers. There is an app developed in android and iPhone for every application. At this rate I guess that mobile phones would replace all electronic gadgets and would be a single device that is controlled using a smart screen attached to your wrist or even by voice commands. It may also be something that is completely different such as a virtual personal assistant attached to your glasses just like Microsoft's Hololens and google glass.

2. Martin Milcev

Martin Milcev New Member

I can't really imagine how they'll look after 10 years, they're already awesome.

3. nikki rose

nikki rose New Member

I recently discovered I can make a phone call over my internet connection on my smartphone through Google Hangouts to an Android tablet. I had no idea this technology existed. If you have a minute plan or pay as you go plan, this is such a convenience because the minutes for the call are not deducted from your available minutes. My friend was pleasantly surprised his tablet has the capability to make and receive calls.

Technology advances every day, sizes of our smartphones will be larger or smaller based on user preference. I agree with your points, some people will prefer larger screens and some smaller. In ten years, there will be a variety of sizes in the market to fit all consumer needs.