IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's the first thing you do when you're online ?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Anand Mitra, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Anand Mitra

Anand Mitra New Member

Facebook... All my friends live there basically, so I catch up on the news and gossip first. The sad thing about FB is that there isn't that much telephone conversation among friends anymore. Like, "Hey, what ya been doing?" No need to ask since some of them post every time they sneeze. Truly though, it's better than a newspaper or the news on TV because it's all rolled into one. I see local gossip, news, sports, weather, obits, carport sales, who broke up with who, who's mad/happy/sick/tired/disgusted/getting married, etc. The list goes on and on.

mbgd1010, Bobo and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. AExAVF

AExAVF New Member

I surf the net and check sites such as Google and Yahoo as well as visiting various boards with topics ranging from news, business, and sports to science, technology, and social media. On occasion I visit Wikipedia to read up on various topics depending on whatever comes to my mind. I now use Facebook on my mobile phones, and will only use the web when necessary. I also visit YouTube to listen to various songs and watch various documentaries ranging from the Russo-Japanese War to the execution of the Romanovs. I haven't been active on Twitter though, and am considering deactivating my old account and starting a new one.

3. WAHMBrenda

WAHMBrenda New Member

I always check my email first. As someon who works online I'm always making sure that a client doesn't need something from me. Sometimes I think I'm addicted to checking it LOL

AndyT8 and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  4. Kiyomu

Kiyomu New Member

First thing I do is open up some gaming news websites to check any of the latest games that I might be interested in. After that, I would either open Facebook or my email to check what shenanigans my friends are up to.

Bobo likes this.
  5. mobnepal

mobnepal New Member

At first I type WWW.twitter.com to check the tweets from news site and read some news as an alternative source of newspaper. Then I check my YouTube channel to see the views and increased Subscribers. If I have time then I spend hours of my time in viewing videos in YouTube. Basically I don't like Facebook to spend time as my online business is around YouTube.

6. zoomedout

zoomedout New Member

I go onto local news sites to check up on what's going on around me, then I tend to get lost on Reddit until I realise I have to do something else. Sometimes I check social media if I know that something interesting is going on. The internet is huge and there's so much information out there to fill your head with, it's truly addictive.

7. Alicia78

Alicia78 Member

The first thing I have been doing lately when I get online is check my paid to click sites and then Facebook.
    Then I usually check YouTube and watch videos of my subscribers have loaded.

8. Garnet King

Garnet King New Member

YouTube, Just to get a quick funny video to brighten my day and get a good laugh or some educating video to learn something before I head off to work. At the same time I'm checking my subscriber count and video views.

Bobo likes this.
  9. Tonya

Tonya New Member

Check and reply to email that I didn't feel like replying to from my phone because the conversation would have been too long.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  10. abubaker

abubaker New Member

Facebook... All my friends live there essentially, thus I catch abreast of the news and gossip 1st. The unhappy factor concerning facebook is that there is not that a lot of conversation among friends any longer. Like, "Hey, what ya been doing?" No got to raise since a number of them post whenever they sneeze. really tho', it's higher than a newspaper or the news on TV as a result of it's all rolled into one. I see native gossip, news, sports, weather, obits, garage sales, World Health Organization poor up with World Health Organization, who's mad/happy/sick/or feeling alone etc.

11. Shavkat79

Shavkat79 New Member

Usually I check my emails, read new letters and reply them immediately if I think they are important. After that I can surf for different sites, search for some information that I have been looking for, download pictures, e-books, games, applications, etc. I also visit Facebook, Twitter and forums with topics I am interested in. And if I have more free time I can watch movies, videos and listen to music.

12. Susan

Susan New Member

As soon as my alarm goes off in the morning, I roll over and turn on my tablet and log into Facebook. Usually it is still opened from the night before. I get all the new status updates of my family and friends. I think it is a great way to keep in contact with people you wouldn't otherwise talk with. I, also, enjoy looking at everybody's pictures and seeing pictures of relatives that I have never even met. After I am done checking out Facebook I usually log in my Hotmail account to see if I have any emails.

13. p4lse

p4lse New Member

The first thing I do is check my Facebook and quickly browse through my news feed. After that I go to Reddit where I spend hours and hours procrastinating. Very rarely I check my e-mail now-a-days.

14. reviewer

reviewer New Member

The first thing that I do when I get online is to check on my Facebook account. I am quite active in that social networking site. The reason why I check my Facebook first is because I do get at least 3 messages a day and would like to respond to these. I use Facebook mainly for communication and I do love reading the news feeds.

Bobo likes this.
  15. GenkiWORld

GenkiWORld New Member

The first thing I do when I go online every day is check my e-mails right away. Because I get a lot of my work through my e-mails and most of my clients contact me that way, I consider checking my e-mails a priority and the very first must do for me whenever I go online.
    After that come social media sites like twitter, Face Book and news sites as well to find out what is taking place in the world. Then it’s off to work for the rest of the day!

16. Melissa1024

Melissa1024 New Member

Usually first thing I do is get on Facebook. I can see what is going on with everyone. It can be quite entertaining sometimes with all the drama and gossip. Then I check my emails. Afterwards, I check the sites I work on to see if there is any work available for me. I gotta chase that work!

17. maclover68

maclover68 New Member

I work online both selling and in freelance writing, so my email is usually the first thing that I check to see if any clients have needs or projects for me. This is followed by sites that I use to gain writing jobs to see what is available there. After that I would have to say that I usually check Facebook out for a bit to keep up with friends, current events, news etc... then back to work.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  18. Shawn

Shawn New Member

The first thing I do when I'm online is check out my favorite youtubers. Yes! I am very into fitness/athletics, and gaming. Checking out these channels gives me something to look forward to such as a new inspiration video everyday. I also love online gaming that is streamed through MLG/Twitch. I will most likely spend the rest of my night after work watching some Poker or Call of Duty.

19. owen027

owen027 Member

First of all I check my emails when I woke up in the morning. I also read some letters and messages and reply to them if I they are important. I also surf the net for different sites, search for some information that I have been looking for, download music, videos, e-books, games, and some applications. I rather visit some social media sites like Facebook and some forums with topics I am interested in. I also watch movies online, videos and read books online.

20. tlspiegel

tlspiegel New Member

The first thing I do is check my email accounts. If something needs a reply, I will do that ASAP. If I need to perform some research to get a good answer for the reply I'll search for it online and then write a reply.

The next thing I do is go to Facebook and check to see what's new and exciting. After than I go to my bank's web site and make sure everything is looking good.

During the course of the day, I'll re-check email and Facebook several times. I also have 7 new sites I go to every day. But email for me is the most important, so it's the first and probably the last thing I check.

Mr.Banks and Bobo like this.