IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's the first thing you do when you're online ?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Anand Mitra, Jul 19, 2015.

1. SoCalDiegoRob

SoCalDiegoRob New Member

The first thing I do when I go online is check my emails. I sort through all of them and respond to the ones that need to be responded to. Next I check out my Facebook page for a few minutes, and after that then I start my work. I use a computer for my work so I will check emails and Facebook throughout the day.

After I am done with work I hang on Facebook and surf the web randomly. I spend most of my waking life online...

2. RapidBlue

RapidBlue New Member

The first thing I check are my social network accounts, the Messenger of course. I have a lots of angry people lurking on my activities so I get to hear some really disturbing opinions on a daily basis. After that, after I get a few good laughs I am ready to check on my email accounts and complete my daily commenting spree on all those random online forums and websites. If I could chose what to do online for an entire day I think I would chose the Gaption, YouTube and random commenting. The latest is my favorite activity.

3. Shaswata

Shaswata New Member

It's interesting to see how many people check Facebook first. As in my case I first try to keep up with my favorite forums on XDA developers. And then maybe I check out other forums which interest me. I use Facebook occasionally, maybe twice a week.

Mauricio O Freire likes this.
  4. mylenix

mylenix New Member

The first thing I do going online is check my email. After that I go to my Facebook and answer any messages or comments. If I have the chance iI will watch a couple of YouTube Videos.

5. theshowup

theshowup New Member

The first thing i do is check my email.I have developed a tendancy of doing that.I reply to the mails if need be then head directly to google or facebook or twitter check whats trending then go about my other business.

6. KammiGal

KammiGal New Member

The first thing I do when I go online is check my gmail and then study my free online learning lessons. Then after doing that I start uploading dozens of pictures I have on different photo sites and search for online jobs.

7. kalchakrag

kalchakrag New Member

Everyday when I get on my computers , I first open my email accounts because I am a micro worker and I hope for for any upcoming notifications in my mail . Then I check for any newsletters from my subscriptions . I also check for any gigs or jobs offered to me . At last I search for any message from my friends. Then I go for my social media accounts like Instagram , Twitter , Facebook but most of my friends are in Facebook . After replying to messages , I do my daily work at Mturk and Microworker .But side by side I keep on searching Pinterest , Buzzfeed for any latest hot topic for my upcoming website . Occassionally , I spend time watching movies or listening to music.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  8. yowsef24

yowsef24 New Member

I check my Facebook and email for messages and notification. Every morning it has been my daily routine. After checking I continue to work or sometimes play games on my computer. Basically, I spend all my time in front of my computer doing things as a regular basis.

9. zeratul

zeratul New Member

I'm living off my online jobs so whenever I go online, I mostly visit these sites. I'm currently working for a local writing site and it's the first site I go to in the morning. Writers on that site are required to turn in partial or full submission of their projects every 24 hours so I need to upload my work on or before my daily deadline. It's a great earning site with an active community and I enjoy chatting with other members on the lobby so I usually log in a couple times during the day.

10. Janee Mitchell

Janee Mitchell New Member

The first thing I do when I turn on my computer is start my Pandora or Netflix. I love to have a little background noise as I work. Then I check my email for important messages. After I respond and prioritize to those, I am able to start the day's latest online endeavors.

11. debel22a

debel22a New Member

I always check my email. There's always something in my inbox and there's always something needing to be sent. Email comes first, then I check Facebook to see what my friends and family are up to. I go back and forth between email and Facebook multiple times after that.

12. Mauricio O Freire

Mauricio O Freire New Member

First of all I check my emails. It is mandatory as my cellphone announces my inbox has new content. Being most of them advertisement, I believe this is not a great way to start the day, although it's better than checking the news first thing in the morning nowadays.

Now, if my cellphone is off, I start the day checking the channels I have subscribed on youtube for updates. And this is definitely what I really like doing.

13. Mauricio O Freire

Mauricio O Freire New Member

I agree with you. Many people today seem to have Facebook addiction and do not allow themselves to explore the great potencial of the internet that we can use in order to learn and be informed about nearly everything.

Just like you, I don't spend much time on Facebook either.

14. JGSparrow

JGSparrow New Member

I usually check my emails to read some messages and answer them. Afterwards, I check my messages, notifications and friend requests on Facebook. Next, I spend most of my time doing some online jobs such as taking surveys online.

15. peter

peter New Member

The first thing that I do when am online is to have three opened tabs Facebook, Gmail account and the other for my Yahoo account. In that order I will look for new notifications and messages. Afterwards I will visit the other pages I wanted to.

16. gideon yuta

gideon yuta New Member

At the start of each day, I typically check my email inbox for new mail. Then, I navigate to a particular user testing site I am working on to check if there is a new test. These two activities may take between fifteen and thirty minutes. Having cleared with these two activities, I make a brief tour of my social media pages. After checking for new messages on these social media pages, I am usually ready to embark on the core activities of the day.

17. bella556

bella556 Member

The first thing I do is to check my email. I look at face book to see if anything new has happened with my family or friends. I also try to find sites to see about writing and poetry.

18. Angel Howard

Angel Howard New Member

The first thing I do when I'm online is check and respond to my emails. I also ensure to check my bank account, surf the internet and see what's going on from the latest news or celebrity gossip. Depending on my mood, I might navigate through some of my social media accounts and share a few pics or comments. I also feel the need to run my virus scanner and check for any viruses on my computer because you must always be safe than sorry when it comes to putting your information on these computers with so many hackers stealing personal information from and/or causing the computers to malfunction. Sometimes, I also take the time out to transfer pictures from my phone to my computer as well.

19. gambrix

gambrix New Member

I always check my email as well as soon as I get online. Then I go to the other sites that I use to earn money online. I don't really use social media, so I rarely go to Facebook. I go to the sites that are of interest to me that's connected to my hobbies as well, so that's what I do when I surf the net.

20. abunae

abunae New Member

Great question! The first thing I do when I go online check Skype on my phone - it's the platform I use to communicate with my friends and family. I think Skype is a neat application to keep in touch with everyone, you can text, chat, and see them even when they're across the globe anytime. Usually, there is a notification waiting for me, signalling that someone has messaged me while I was away. If I don't have any new notifications, I usually check my e-mail, I always have something new in my inbox!