IMPORTANT: Please read our Guide To Quality Writing before you begin posting!

Dismiss Notice
Please note that we are only approving writers from the US, UK and Canada at this time.

What's the first thing you do when you're online ?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Anand Mitra, Jul 19, 2015.

1. lilmsmisses

lilmsmisses New Member

I find it interesting that many of you say you check social media first. That would drive me insane! I either check email first OR look at my calendar/tasks first. I have so much going on that I just don't have time to update people on what's going on in my life, or read about what's going on in their life.

2. MariamAspirants

MariamAspirants New Member

Since I do not use social media for personal purposes, my everyday activities are pretty boring. I check the websites I work for and new messages on Gmail. Then I open YouTube and read new comments to my videos.

As soon as I finish my duties on working websites, I read the news and write at least one post on my blog.

3. myblogger

myblogger New Member

The first thing I do when I'm online is to check my e-mail and social media accounts. When I'm online, I'm always check my e-mail if there is something in it like messages and other important matters. I also do when I'm online is to check the latest news about sports, politics, fashions, science and other important events that happens in our society or in the world. I'm always online most of the time because I'm a freelancer so I need to be online all the time to work my projects via online and also to check if there are possible jobs offers by my freelancer sites. Nowadays most of the people are always online because of so many reasons like their job, transactions that is made thru internet and any other important use of internet. Using online and internet has a big role in our society now, creation of social media like facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube and other social media apps that consumed the time of most of us is because of the internet. Almost all transactions in the businesses are doing via online so the internet becomes part of the lives of the people. I read books via online and I buy things like mobile phones, house, branded shirts via online. I also played my favorite games via online and I also played with my friends via online and it is exciting and amazing even though your friends are far from you or even he or she is from different countries. You can also transact like bank transactions via online most of the bank now is using online for their clients to transacts via online. This is hassle-free and avoid heavy traffic in the road to go to your bank just to transact a small amount of money with the bank. Online transactions are now using by many people to do their transactions easily, faster and comfortable. All of these are because of the invention of computers that uses internet connection.

4. Shixmel

Shixmel New Member

The first thing I do is check out my online shop. I respond to the enquiries and take note of the orders . Then I check out my social media pages.

5. FMU2013

FMU2013 New Member

The first thing I do when I get online is check my email. I hate having my inbox so full of emails that I miss important ones. I also have to keep it organized with folders I go through and categorize ones I need to read and put them in folder to go through later so I can get rid of spam mail in my inbox.

Then I go check my Facebook and catch up with my family and friends that do not live near me. Facebook is the only way I can contact some of my family since they do not have a phone and they get to see my kids. The only thing that sucks about keeping in touch with people online is that it can take days for a reply to a message.

6. MrThoughter

MrThoughter New Member

Lately, I've been so hooked with Reddit. Whenever I switch on the WiFi of my smartphone, I open the Reddit app like it's a muscle memory. Also, I directly go to Reddit's website whenever I open the browser of my PC. Reddit is a little bit different from major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. I can subscribe to communities, referred as subreddits, which coincides with my interests. There's also constant suggestions of related subreddits which may spark up my interest. I can participate in every discussion while remaining anonymous to everyone. And it's through the Android subreddit that I became much more hooked up in pursuing Internet privacy. The quote "think before you click" matters to me a lot and Reddit is definitely a good way to exercise it.

7. Anyona Nicholas

Anyona Nicholas New Member

The first is always to browse into google.From that site I can search many other sites for information such as online jobs among others.Then later I move to my Gmail to see new notifications.That's my style.